Other artists Britney Jean?

BritintheZone

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xtina - Bionic standard edition... it sucks!  (The deluxe tracks slay me though and should have been on the standard)

Xtina - Floptus

Mariah - Glitter; the original Britney Jean

Mariah - Elusive chanteuse... the name of this album is like a parody of herself or something? :demi:

P!nk - beautiful trauma... every album she released i like at least 1 song from it, but this album sucks lol hence no hits from her for this era

Kelly clarkson - Meaning of life

Celine dion - Loved Me back to life (i hate sia for influencing people to imitate her)

1 hour ago, RobRocks said:

I don't get the hate for Lotus. Imo it's full of bops :makeitrain:

Katy Perry's Prism felt like a fail after Teenage Dream being so awesome.

Floptus is full of bops, but it's so hard to listen to when she shouts in every song :weirdmeout: and most songs sound like demo's.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:51 AM, BritintheZone said:

What are other artists Britney Jean? In terms of quality

Lady Gaga-Joanne 

Ariana - Sweetener (WTF WAS THAT!?!)

Lady Gaga's ARTPOP is actually her 'Britney Jean'. Joanne is a special, non-commercial aimed album which was a beautiful tribute to someone of her family. Also it allowed to showcase a more organic Lady Gaga. It's really important and part of her maturing as an artist, even if you don't like it. ARTPOP on the other hand can be compared to things that lead everyone to dislike BJ: Britney Jean promised one thing (personal album) like ARTPOP promised to be the album of the millennium (or at least Gaga's best album), and both failed to fulfill it. Both promised to have a lot of meaning, but in the end they didn't have a 'soul' to them, they sound both superficial and too commercial-aimed.

However, as far as Britney album goes...i'd still pick Femme Fatale as her worst album to date. :):):)

edit: The fact this is turning two years old and some syag find the time to dislike it haha

Xtina - Bionic

Gaga - ARTPOP

Miley - Younger Now

Katy - Witness

JLo - Brave/AKA

Mariah - Glitter

Madonna - American Life

I'd say a BJ is an album that doesn't do well and has medicore material (according to critics anyway, fans may think otherwise). So I wouldn't say Joanne was Gaga's BJ. 

Yeah, I'd definitely agree that ARTPOP was Gaga's. I even remember the backlash (which was actually far bigger than BJ's because, well, people knew about ARTPOP) and I still sometimes accidentally call it by the name everyone gave it, which was Artflop.

Christina's was Lotus (I like Bionic, and I know plenty who do here, too), and.... I'm inclined to agree Ariana's is Sweetener. :idkney:

Archived