Britney Spears to perform at US Grand Prix 2018

Sybren

On 8/1/2018 at 10:14 AM, DoSomething954 said:

Okay so I went to the show on Sunday here in Florida. Here are my thoughts: 

The venue was super small. Like even smaller than I imagined. I’ve been to the Hard Rock Live a million times but the Event Center is apparently new and was like the size of an auditorium in a high school. I walked in and honestly felt like I was about to see my niece in a play. :-/ that took me back a bit because I really wanted the venue to match the magnitude of Britney somewhat (even though I know the venues were not  large) The Hard Rock Live would have been way better. But that’s not her fault. 

The show started about 25-30 mins after 8, which I had no issue with. I don’t know any other performer who starts right at the time the ticket says. I had fun just drinking my drink and watching ppl walk in (a group of girls even dressed up as Britney throughout the years which was cute to see)

The show itself was great. But here’s the thing. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that to her performing. I had a great time just hearing all these hits blaring through the room and It’s really a testament to how much of an impact she’s had in pop music. Like her songs are just amazing. No one can deny it. And they are blended in a way that keeps you wanting the next hit. The band was also amazing. But it almost felt like I was just dancing in a club on Britney night, ya know? Like the star power that makes you stare at the stage in awe wasn’t there for me. It was more so the songs and energy from the crowd that had me super hype, not Britney herself. Whereas when I see a Pink or Beyonce, their stage presence is so different and captivating. (Again just my opinion). The costumes don’t look that bad in person, but it is a little same ole. I wished she would have done really drastic different looks for each section of the show instead of a new sparkly leotard lol. Her dancing also wasn’t horrible but it’s clear she’s just not that Britney she was anymore. So if that’s what you want you’ll be disappointed there too.

It did suck that she really only spoke to the crowd about three times. Before BTI, during Freakshow and at the end. Like it felt very much like a hamster wheel, just churning out songs on the loud speaker and trying to get it over with. If having that audience connection is big to you and u really wanna go to a show and see a different side of your fave, I’d say you won’t get that with her at all. I really don’t know how she doesn’t get bored with the lipsynching because I couldn’t imagine not even talking or speaking or adlibing anything in a crowd of hundreds of ppl. It’s like really being a mime :-/ 

Overall, id probably see her again. But maybe in Vegas or if she ever does an arena tour again. Maybe it’ll feel grander. She definitely has the hits and u won’t be disappointed because the songs are that good that you’ll barely care how she looks on stage. Idk if that’s good or bad but whatever. That’s my opinion on the show.

Thanks for such a thorough response, it was very fair. I’m glad you had a great time regardless of everything! :) 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Pom in Vegas and I was by far her worst tour I went to but that being said...  If you don’t think you want to go to Vegas in the next five years, I would drive the four hrs to see her one last time. 

The tour energy is probs way better than what it was in Vegas 

The experience is probably the only thing you'll enjoy; being around super fans, the atmosphere, seeing her in person but that's where it ends.

We don't expect to hear her sing live however, she's surprised us a few times over the years and the course of the POM residency. However, the scaled back show, mismatched terrible costumes, the choreography she butchers and no audience interaction. For what the prices of these tickets are, you'd expect a little more bang for your buck. You could go see her to say you saw her but to justify the cost you'd expect at least FF production or even Circus instead of what looks like a festival stage and Britney sleepwalking her way through album versions.

It's a shame though she could have done more with the tour (props, actual costumes and revamp choreo) but of course, aside from a few changes, it's the same show only more expensive with less to back up the ticket price. The guitar is gone, songs are gone and it's just a shell of an idea of what POM should be. The themes and sections all blend into one and have no correlation to one another.

I went to both NY shows and had a blast. I saw POM back in 2015 and hadn’t seen the revamp so I was fine. I mean, I knew every moment from YouTube videos and Instagram clips for years and years so nothing was surprising but the energy from the audience and her was great.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, ZAM9315 said:

I totally forgot shes set to perform in October.  Could she release it during the performance or after? It may be a possibility.  Something has to be coming I dont understand. what do you yall think.  Plus shes sharing the stage with bruno mars which is pretty cool. :)

Britney isn't sharing the stage with Bruno Mars they perform on different days.

Britney is also just going to perform her normal POM set.

https://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/concerts

22 hours ago, ZAM9315 said:

I dont understand i thought the POM tour was over.  Hopefully she will atleast slay. plus its in the south. shes a southern girl and keeps it real :mcwave:

The POM tour is over however Britney is bringing that same show to perform POM.

After the race on Sunday, Britney Spears brings her Piece of Me live show to the Super Stage, capping off a thrilling weekend of speed and sound with one of the biggest selling performing artists of all time.

Archived