Britney Spears to perform at US Grand Prix 2018

Sybren

9 minutes ago, Rickey3089 said:

Don’t t tell me that I’m two hours away from that event I want to buy tickets so bad, but I don’t want to be let down 

:otears: 

you know it'll be a mini POM show with one costume. i highly doubt it will even be the full POM show but you know it wont be a new show ha. i would save your money. like i said before i bet it'll be like the iHeartRadio Festival which was a mini POM.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

you know it'll be a mini POM show with one costume. i highly doubt it will even be the full POM show but you know it wont be a new show ha. i would save your money. like i said before i bet it'll be like the iHeartRadio Festival which was a mini POM.

Aw crap.

8 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Let's get real, the Grand Prix show will prob be like the iHeartRadio Festival performance aka a shortened POM show =(

However, the timing is right for an album in Nov/Dec. Put 2 new songs in POM Tour (July-early Sept) as previews, take the rest of Sept for a photoshoot and film a video, release the single in Oct, album out in Nov or Dec.

Yes gurl, educate her team. :lessons:

• 2 months later...

Hello, all! :kisses:

I was hoping that those of you who’ve attended POM live thus far (this current summer and/or summer previous), could help me out regarding my vacillation on whether or not to the purchase tickets for the Formula 1: Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX in October. Bruno Mars headlines on Saturday, October 20 while Britney headlines on Sunday, October 21.

I haven’t had the opportunity to read through the majority of the pages of comments within each POM Tour thread documenting her US shows thus far. (Honestly, I don't even know how many shows she’s completed thus far, much less how many dates are left in the US), and I’m curious how the critics’ reviews and public feedback have been. With the notable exception of one thorough article published by the Washington Post, posted by another member here a few days prior, (a piece which I recall having been a very fair, albeit rather unfavorable, review of the show), I haven’t seen many reviews, particularly not by respected journalistic outlets such as the WaPo.

So, please help a lazy fellow exhaler out! Anything notable thus far? Has the energy and dancing been improving? Are CYM and Clumsy still on the tracklist? Have there been any other changes? Has she obtained any new costumes (lingerie from VS or Frederick’s of Hollywood doesn’t count).  :imok:

Reason for my line of questioning:

In October, Britney is coming approximately 4-5 hours south of where I’m currently residing for the Formula 1 headlining show with Bruno Mars. My best friend lives in Austin (show locale), and we previously attended the Circus Tour together (9 years ago!) which was the one and only time either of us have ever seen her live. So, we’d love to have a 9-year-BFF Britney reunion, but the tickets are expensive and neither of us give a **** about Bruno Mars or car racing, so we’d just be going for the one day (Sunday?) that Britney is headlining. 

Anyway, he (my best friend, not Bruno Mars. Well, maybe Bruno Mars as well; I do not keep up with details pertaining to his permanent residence and/or any future relocation plans)...uh, where was I? Oh yeah, so my best friend, and possibly Bruno Mars for all we know, are about to relocate to San Francisco, and I’m a broke post-doctoral “student,” so despite the sentimentality value and our mutual love for Britney, I really don’t want to put in all this time and expense if the show is just simply not any more impressive than some of those beyond lackluster IG videos indicate. On the other hand, I’ve read countless accounts of fans who actually attended the show in person, and the vast majority indicated having enjoyed it far more in person, with most fans stating it’s “a lot more impressive than it looks online.”

Can anyone who has either attended the show in person (preferably) or perhaps even just watched all available content online to the extent they feel they’ve essentially experienced everything the show has to offer (I actually have watched astonishingly few clips compared to that which many others indicate, especially given it’s been a 4-5 year show), please provide some edification regarding your experience:

Was it a let-down, or surpass your expectations? In contrast, was it exactly what you expected (in which case, please share what those expectations were). Most importantly, to those of you who have attended: is it money well-spent, or do you regret spending so much in hindsight?

Thanks in advance for your time and I very much appreciate any answers you may have regarding your POM experiences (particularly relating to this present—or the past—summer tours, since the show has some fundamental differences (e.g., setlist, props) from POM at the AXIS in Vegas.

Thanks again!  :)

TL; DR: If you've attended POM Live, either last summer or this summer (thus far), would you honestly recommend the show for two Britney fans since 1998? Due to the circumstances of my BFF and I (he’s relocating to San Fran at the end of the year; I’m working on my post-doc full-time and have 100k of student loans looming), did you feel it was worth the money after the fact?

from what i've been reading in those threads, ppl who went seem to have enjoyed their time, citing her bikinis look better in person and that the energy from brit and the crowd made it enjoyable.  ppl who only watched insta videos don't think she can dance anymore :pieceofwhat:

i don't know who to believe anymore :selenerz:  so conclusion is go there and find out for yourself?  having said that, there was a fan who wrote a review and said he wanted to walk out through the middle of her performance, but he also expected her to sing live... so it's really his fault for that expectation :mcorangu:

It’s objectively a bad/cheap show at a premium price, and I wouldn’t be so harsh if she was at least into it for the most part.:ohi:

It seems like she’s enjoying it some moments and other moments she’s just over it. Like I kinda almost don’t blame her being bored to death dancing to a 5 year old show (who even does that besides Britney :mcorangu:). But when you’re charging people up to 300 dollars or more you have to be feeling it from the opening act to the very last step off the stage. No exceptions. :lessons:

You’re basically only paying to see Britney in front of your eyes and that’s sad af.:imok:

9 minutes ago, STJ said:

from what i've been reading in those threads, ppl who went seem to have enjoyed their time, citing her bikinis look better in person and that the energy from brit and the crowd made it enjoyable.  ppl who only watched insta videos don't think she can dance anymore :pieceofwhat:

i don't know who to believe anymore :selenerz:  so conclusion is go there and find out for yourself?  having said that, there was a fan who wrote a review and said he wanted to walk out through the middle of her performance, but he also expected her to sing live... so it's really his fault for that expectation :mcorangu:

Thanks for the response. I’m not expecting any live vocals; been a fan way too long to still be hoping for that. :imok: 

I just don’t want to spend money on a performer who doesn’t want to be there, you know? The idea of indirectly lining the pockets of her management, father and record label doesn’t sit right with me, provided she seems miserable (e.g., FFT). In fact, even though the FFT came to my city, I elected not to attend because it was painfully obvious from her promo performances, interviews, etc that she was absolutely miserable during that era, and I would’ve honestly felt guilty paying money to see a depressed, anxious, apathetic and lethargic woman in concert, knowing she’d rather be anywhere else but there, and additionally knowing my monetary contribution further led to her misery.

BTW, this is definitely not a slight against anyone who attended the tour; I'm sure you’re all great fans and only want the best for her. But personally, I was just extremely uncomfortable with the way Britney was being paraded and propped up worldwide during the FF era, when the discomfort and misery she was experiencing was so evident, and she appeared highly medicated to the extent that I felt she was honestly being exploited.

So, as long as she is genuinely having fun, and the crowd is having fun, then I’m sure I’ll have a good time. But if she looks anxious, manic, aimless, bored, and/or confused, then it’ll honestly just break my heart and I would rather pass on the show than see her like that. 

5 minutes ago, Daria said:

It’s objectively a bad/cheap show at a premium price, and I wouldn’t be so harsh if she was at least into it for the most part.:ohi:

It seems like she’s enjoying it some moments and other moments she’s just over it. Like I kinda almost don’t blame her being bored to death dancing to a 5 year old show (who even does that besides Britney :mcorangu:). But when you’re charging people up to 300 dollars or more you have to be feeling it from the opening act to the very last step off the stage. No exceptions. :lessons:

You’re basically only paying to see Britney in front of your eyes and that’s sad af.:imok:

Yeah, I definitely agree with all of this as well. 

Well, my main question is: Will it be the exact same show at this event? I know it's a racing event, with Bruno Mars performing as well. So, will this be the exact same POM that we've all seen, or a watered down version that cuts half of the songs in order to keep a specific time frame?

I say go for it. You've been a fan for a long time, and who know's when she will tour again if another residency is going to happen. I was worried before I attended my show and she didn't disappoint. You'll know exactly what to expect because of exhale, and your expectations will probably be exceeded. 

There were some cheap parts of the show for sure, but legit ONLY exhalers would recognize it. I literally laughed when she performed DYWCO and did the pole moves, without the pole:embarrassed:I'm sure 95% of the audience didn't even blink an eye at that though because it happens so quick and they haven't watched the same show for 5 years straight like exhalers have. She's actually very good in person when you're watching with your own eyes, the costumes really aren't bad at all, and there's something to be said for hearing music you love being played as loud as at a show. Plus, the band adds so much and was amazing too. I mean, as long as the tickets aren't $1000 for nosebleeds to see her perform like 5 songs, I say do it! You really won't regret it either way, and you and your bff will have an amazing time together and a great memory, regardless of the show! 

after seeing both nights here at radio city i can confirm the best part for me, was the audience.  we were all just there to have a good time.  everyone seemed so supportive of her and so supportive of each other.  singing along, dancing.  

the show is run like a machine.  no spontaneity what-so-ever.  no deviation from what works best.  she didn't even change up her crowd interaction on either night.

i had so much fun and am glad i went

Archived