Britney Spears to perform at US Grand Prix 2018

Sybren

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all so negative! Haha. Is this one off show gonna be some groundbreaking Britney performance? No, but it'll still be fun. I'm going with a friend and excited knowing well that it'll most like be a 75% POM show, 1 hr 30 min, most likely cutting Everytime, TOMH, and whatever else she cut from Europe. Would be cool if she worked up one more 'surprise' song like 'Hold It Against Me" or a new single, but not counting on it. Hope that she picks 'the best of' the POM outfits and maybe starts the show with a brand new outfit that is kinda race-car like, ala Mariah Carey's Loverboy pink outfit. Also maybe hoping for a surprise guest too!

Past setlists from Elton John, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elton-john/2015/super-stage-circuit-of-the-americas-austin-tx-13f58df9.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/taylor-swift/2016/super-stage-circuit-of-the-americas-austin-tx-33fab869.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/justin-timberlake/2017/super-stage-circuit-of-the-americas-austin-tx-23e330a7.html

Whether or not you guys are excited for this or not, this is a huge corporate shoulder-rubbing opportunity for Britney and her team and shows that she still has viability in the pop scene. Both Taylor and Justin went on to do the Super Bowl events (for Taylor she did the Super Bowl preshow) the next months after their performances.

I'm also really just excited to be outside. I've never seen Brit in an outdoor venue.

But it looked like her dancers have said it’s over in previous Instagram posts 

:xfactorlook:

Very odd, Maybe it’s just like the festival style performances maybe have a few of the dancers back and that’s it? 

Could be a great time to just release a buzz single I suppose. Doesn’t have to launch an album but it would tie  us over for a months. Wishful thinking I suppose :demi:

plus if her and Sam are no longer a thing she’ll properly just throw herself into work mode again which is a good thing cause she slays it when she’s single :endit: we might even a get a Men are dicks speech :airpls:

In order to have a new era, everything about POM has to be done.

That show will be a super-mini POM without props at all. She will be so bored and stiff and that'll be the end of a 5-year-era.

So can't wait for that to end to hope for a better and new era settled to promote her new residency and new album.
A Brenda Johanne era with better songs.

1 minute ago, sibode said:

That show will be a super-mini POM without props at all. She will be so bored and stiff and that'll be the end of a 5-year-era.

So can't wait for that to end to hope for a better and new era settled to promote her new residency and new album.

Yes... always the first concert after a break is a MESS, 

SO EXPECT THAT FOR THE GRAND PRIX...

On 4/25/2018 at 8:40 AM, Sybren said:

Fans attending this year’s United States Grand Prix in Austin, Texas won’t just be treated to the greatest racing spectacle on the planet – they’ll also get to witness performances from two of biggest names in music.

Bruno Mars will light up the Saturday night of the Grand Prix weekend when he makes a stop at the Circuit of The Americas (COTA) with his entertainment-packed 24K Magic World show.

The 27-time Grammy award nominee will be followed on Sunday by international pop icon Britney Spears, who will close out the weekend’s celebration with a hit-packed post-race concert.

Speaking about the announcement, Bobby Epstein, Founder and Chairman of COTA, said: “We’re excited to welcome Bruno Mars and Britney Spears to this year’s United States Grand Prix stage.

"The pinnacle of motorsports, two global superstar musicians and all of the festive entertainment that comes with the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix defines the weekend as the greatest sports and entertainment celebration of the year. We are proud to host such an incredible weekend for race and music fans alike.”

Access to the concerts is available to all fans attending the circuit on the respective days.

Tickets to the event, which runs from October 19-21, will be available this Friday via the F1 Ticket Store. For more information, click here.

Source: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/4/bruno-mars-and-britney-spears-to-perform-at-us-grand-prix.html

Sybren - Care to update the original post with this official promo pic? Thanks!

41991677_1942974252425835_85925291087290

28 minutes ago, b4goodbye said:

https://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/schedule
Britney goes on at 6pm, gonna be kind of a bummer if the sun is still out before she starts, but nice that it's not super late night, less waiting, better for flying out the next morning

aren't days shorter by then? or that only happens where I'm from :P by those dates in here it's already dark around 5:30

On 9/10/2018 at 9:48 AM, sibode said:

Maybe she'll announce a few more dozens of (POM) shows for next year :makeitrain:

Archived