Oops!... I Did It Again Tour

I Can Bang

9 hours ago, Iexpectyouto said:

The theming in the lucky performance makes no freaking sense lol. Like she’s a girl singing in her bedroom and oh look now she’s in the navy? What? It’s great though. I love the song and the outfits and her energy. Also it gives me Mariah Carey “honey” vibes. 

Did anyone else notice that she had the same facial expressions/spastic movements as POMney? :ohdear: 

I always saw it as her acting out the character "Lucky."  We see her getting up, joking around with her dancers/backup singers, before transforming into performance mode by the end for the troops.    

The only knock I have with this performance, and this is probably a dumb one,  was her headset mic.  That mic stand looked really odd when it served no real purpose, so that whole segment could have been done with her hand-held mic.  (Which she switched to for "Sometimes" afterwards.)  

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK- I finally started uploading the Live in Washington songs to YouTube! Sorry it took me so long---I've had a crazy month, but hopefully things are calming down a bit now and I will try and keep these coming.

As discussed before, Crazy was definitely live at this date (it's somewhere else in this thread, as is Stronger) and Stronger had live parts not on the pre-rec as well. Here's What U See (Is What U Get), and y'all Britneyologists can tell me if she's actually singing or not because I'm not as immersed in the era as I was the last time we were discussing it.

A great time to be a stan! She was extremely famous and could do no wrong. I saw it live in Houston and she def had a mix of live/pre-recorded vocals. At the end of "From The Bottom..." she ad-libed and just sang to the audience, it was magical. My only wish is the tour had a longer setlist, she could have done more songs from the Oops! album like "Can't Make You Love Me," "One Kiss From You." I would have LOVED to see her perform "Where Are You Now" and "You Got It All" as well, she could have stayed those!

7 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

OK- I finally started uploading the Live in Washington songs to YouTube! Sorry it took me so long---I've had a crazy month, but hopefully things are calming down a bit now and I will try and keep these coming.

As discussed before, Crazy was definitely live at this date (it's somewhere else in this thread, as is Stronger) and Stronger had live parts not on the pre-rec as well. Here's What U See (Is What U Get), and y'all Britneyologists can tell me if she's actually singing or not because I'm not as immersed in the era as I was the last time we were discussing it.

This is definitely live -- right off the top her vocals are different from the pre-recorded version -- thank you for posing this.  

She was truly fed up with the lip-synching accusations and really wanted to prove her detractors wrong on this tour.   

On 3/5/2018 at 12:58 PM, tommy_boy said:

Oops Tour was like a reloaded version of BOMT Tour. Even the stage looked similar but better. This was her best at dancing though, she was so on point and better than her dancers. But that's it. Not a stand out, her stand outs at the time were her award shows performances. There is a HUGE difference between this tour and DWAD tour... and they are just 1 year apart. :whitney:

I agree that Oops was an upgraded BOMT Tour. The central staircase was the same. But her performances had some stand outs for sure: Stronger, DGKOMD, BOMT, OIDIA are all amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 3:50 PM, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

On 5/14/2018 at 4:01 PM, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

they're both live! :anxiety:

how did we go from that to this?

On 3/25/2018 at 10:39 PM, Jill Valentine said:

I always saw it as her acting out the character "Lucky."  We see her getting up, joking around with her dancers/backup singers, before transforming into performance mode by the end for the troops.    

The only knock I have with this performance, and this is probably a dumb one,  was her headset mic.  That mic stand looked really odd when it served no real purpose, so that whole segment could have been done with her hand-held mic.  (Which she switched to for "Sometimes" afterwards.)  

It didn't bother me at all. It worked even better bc she had some arm choreography so she didn't have to worry about her mouth being too far from her mic (even if she wasn't really singing lol).

On 5/14/2018 at 4:37 PM, PrinceAli89 said:

A great time to be a stan! She was extremely famous and could do no wrong. I saw it live in Houston and she def had a mix of live/pre-recorded vocals. At the end of "From The Bottom..." she ad-libed and just sang to the audience, it was magical. My only wish is the tour had a longer setlist, she could have done more songs from the Oops! album like "Can't Make You Love Me," "One Kiss From You." I would have LOVED to see her perform "Where Are You Now" and "You Got It All" as well, she could have stayed those!

It's so funny when fans say during the first few albums she could do no wrong bc that wasn't true. From the very beginning, she was controversial. BOMT the song (some people said it was violent) and the video with her being 16 and wearing a naughty school girl uniform. Then the Rolling Stones cover. In fact, the media was on her for every single thing she said, every video, outfit, performance.

Now she wears nothing but lingerie in her shows but back then she got a lot of crap for her costumes and ****** performances. I think people only say she could do no wrong bc Lynne said it in some interview about the first albums being her honeymoon phase of fame. It's not true. In a lot of ways she had it worse bc eventually people stopped criticizing every single thing she did, prob bc she was older and eventually it just became her image. But in those first years she was so young that even wearing crop tops raised people's eyebrows. 

• 1 month later...

I must confess I was one of those who overlooked BOMT Tour/Crazy 2K Tour and OIDIA Tour :jlostare:

I became a fan somewhere in the early 2001 :thinkney:all I remember and love the most is based from Britney era until now :wontcry:

and I sincerly did not put much effort on the past eras :mhmnod:

a few weeks ago I watched/listened her Madonna/Janet medley from BOMT tour and fell in love with the whole show since :yesplease:

the School Roll Call spoken-intro towards BOMT really do puts you in a mood :makeitrain: and that jacket stripped-off :scalped: WHY didnt they do the same for the 99 VMAs? :lessons: they changed the studio version :decisions: but it seems to me now that she sang live over that track, so good for her

she was dancing her *** off during those tours even tho the choreos looked a bit messy :clap1:

I'm wishing to find this CRAZY 2K soundboard audios that slayed my ears a few moments ago on YouTube, anybody know WHERE can I find them in HQ? :sobbing:

These tours deserved proper home releases, she was so great throughout both of these.  :tiffanycries: The Oops Tour really did take the best elements from both shows with a bigger budget.  (I gotta say, I never understood the flamingo dance break during "Born to Make You Happy."  She slayed of course, but it seemed out of place.)  

Archived