Oops!... I Did It Again Tour

I Can Bang

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember @ the "end" of the (OIDIA) show she hadn't performed OOPS .. My best friend and I went together and our moms were like "What the hell? It's her biggest song right now..She's not going to do it?" Everyone was confused. then BAM .. She f**king delivered.

I saw Britney twice - Oops tour in 2000 and DWAD tour in 2002. I saw Nsync in 2000-2001 (I was in the front and my row was really nice ha. Always nice to get seats by respectful people who are there to see a good show) - I was a young teen. 12-13 during those concerts and I don't think I knew (none of us knew) THEN what I was really seeing. We had never seen her any other way. To see Britney LIVE during that time in her career was a gift (as a fan). Of course we didn't know what was going to happen.

Anyways I would say DWAD was probably the best pop production I've ever seen. OOPS was amazing in a different way. You know, it was more CLASSIC Britney.

GUYS I'M DYING TO HAVE SOME REAL DEEP CONVERSATIONS ABOUT THIS **** LOL.

It was my first show and she was HUGE. She hadn't released Britney yet, and though they were only 2 years apart, they were 2 very different shows. It was a time when people didn't know everything. There was still this magic curtain .. The backdrops and visual effects weren't something people could duplicate at home and upload to YouTube. Now a days we know everything. How its made, where its from, how its done - step by step .. The mystique is kind of gone. Im rambling and idk if I'm making any sense (its been a long weekend guys) but .. just something I could talk about for hours. 

(Lets do a podcast. I could use some like minded fans to discuss some of this stuff with .. From whats changed to what we cant quiet put our finger on (the dancing, passion, f**king fire .. that SOMETHING thats just different) .. Not just the average Britney conversation, but looking at things from many different angles. Fun project to celebrate 20 years of BRITNEYYYY.)

LOOOOONG sorry had to get some things off my chest hahaa.

On 3/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I think maybe some fans mistake Crazy 2k for the Oops! Tour because Crazy 2k WAS just a bigger-scale ...Baby One More Time Tour. The Oops! Tour may have had a staircase, but that's really the only similarity the shows shared. Britney had grown into a really confident, strong performer during the Oops! Tour. We were basically seeing "Stronger" era Britney live.

The show itself was unique and while most of the aired versions utilized a certain pre-rec track, she really did SING LIVE at multiple dates. If you can find Crazy from the Oops Tour live in Washington from the Oops! Tour, you will hear a unique set of vocals, not the same ones from the airings. My friend and I went home from the concert in LA imitating certain vocal affectations she did live that are not featured in the pre-recorded vocals. She was a force.

I still LOVE the rendition of Crazy she performs on the tour. I'd say the worst part from a television perspective was Oops because she was just interacting with the video screen for a good portion of it, but again, in person at the time it was quite unique and really worked.

1:25 listen to that "my feelings on you"...I never heard her sing it like that ever, anywhere. Maybe early like NSYNC Tour era. ANd this is not some fan doctored thing, I've had an Mp3 of this since 2000.

Exactly. The vocals were prerecorded, but she often sang live in non - broadcasted shows. It was an AMAZING show

On 5/14/2018 at 9:50 PM, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

OK- I finally started uploading the Live in Washington songs to YouTube! Sorry it took me so long---I've had a crazy month, but hopefully things are calming down a bit now and I will try and keep these coming.

As discussed before, Crazy was definitely live at this date (it's somewhere else in this thread, as is Stronger) and Stronger had live parts not on the pre-rec as well. Here's What U See (Is What U Get), and y'all Britneyologists can tell me if she's actually singing or not because I'm not as immersed in the era as I was the last time we were discussing it.

I'm shocked! She doesn't sound bad as I thought she would! <3 

On 7/9/2018 at 12:00 AM, sonostalgic said:

I remember @ the "end" of the (OIDIA) show she hadn't performed OOPS .. My best friend and I went together and our moms were like "What the hell? It's her biggest song right now..She's not going to do it?" Everyone was confused. then BAM .. She f**king delivered.

I saw Britney twice - Oops tour in 2000 and DWAD tour in 2002. I saw Nsync in 2000-2001 (I was in the front and my row was really nice ha. Always nice to get seats by respectful people who are there to see a good show) - I was a kid. 11-12ish during those concerts and I don't think I knew (any of us knew) THEN what I was really seeing. We had never seen her any other way. To see Britney LIVE during that time in her career was a gift (as a fan). Of course we didn't know what was going to happen.. Anyways I would say DWAD was probably the best pop production I've ever seen. OOPS was amazing in a different way .. You know, it was CLASSIC Britney.

GUYS I'M DYING TO HAVE SOME REAL DEEP CONVERSATIONS ABOUT THIS **** LOL.

It was my first show and she was HUGE. She hadn't released Britney yet, and though they were only 2 years apart, they were 2 very different shows. It was a time when people didn't know everything. There was still this magic curtain .. The backdrops and visual effects weren't something people could duplicate at home and upload to YouTube. Now a days we know everything. How its made, where its from, how its done - step by step .. The mystique is kind of gone. Im rambling and idk if I'm making any sense (its been a long weekend guys) but .. just something I could talk about for hours. 

(Lets do a podcast. I could use some like minded fans to discuss some of this stuff with .. From whats changed to what we cant quiet put our finger on (the dancing, passion, f**king fire .. that SOMETHING thats just different) .. Not just the average Britney conversation, but looking at things from many different angles. Fun project to celebrate 20 years of BRITNEYYYY.)

LOOOOONG sorry had to get some things off my chest hahaa.

oooh ***** i'd be down for a podcast as a britney stan that grew up during the Britney era. i think we're the same age based on your post. and i totally know what you mean about the mystique of things back in the day, not just with the staging/technology but social media etc. Celebrities were much less accessible which made them feel more special, in a way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived