Oops!... I Did It Again Tour

I Can Bang

1 hour ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Someone needs to track those girls down though. It must have been an interesting gig. Those first girls (Nathalie and Kylie I think) were with her for a long time, until I guess the European leg when they got Joey's sister and that other girl shown in All Acesss 24/7. They even got to kind of perform Lucky with her at first, although at some point their roles were filled with the backing dancers (Carissa and Tania?). Then Britney era came around and she obviously was a lot more into the **** image so she revamped the whole team and only a few of the oldies (Andre...not sure who else TBH) got to stay on with her.

I thought it was awesome Amina from DWAD was with her again on the Femme Fatale Tour. Ageless Queen.

I"ve always liked this performance since it incorporated her OG background singers, so when they left, I'm glad her sole female dancers took over.    :toocute:

I still can't believe she pulled off a full on costume change mid-song here and I love how she pulls her headset mic away for certain notes.  I love this tour.  :jamout:

I live for Amina too, she's great.  :carpoolney:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

I"ve always liked this performance since it incorporated her OG background singers, so when they left, I'm glad her sole female dancers took over.    :toocute:

I still can't believe she pulled off a full on costume change mid-song here and I love how she pulls her headset mic away for certain notes.  I love this tour.  :jamout:

I live for Amina too, she's great.  :carpoolney:

It's so mean but I always figured it was because the newer singers were....less attractive.

That costume change was always a bit wow and I remember being like "OMG BRITNEY IS NAKED RIGHT NOW".

Also I remember being so sad when that All Access Week Special that clip is from aired and it had cd vocals, because it was my first time seeing footage of the tour I was going to, and I was super happy that when they re-aired it, they turned out to have been dubbed by MTV and were removed in favor of those "live" vocals.

We obviously noticed every little thing even back then. I was watching the popstar manual being written and trying to keep up!

16 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

It's so mean but I always figured it was because the newer singers were....less attractive.

That costume change was always a bit wow and I remember being like "OMG BRITNEY IS NAKED RIGHT NOW".

Also I remember being so sad when that All Access Week Special that clip is from aired and it had cd vocals, because it was my first time seeing footage of the tour I was going to, and I was super happy that when they re-aired it, they turned out to have been dubbed by MTV and were removed in favor of those "live" vocals.

We obviously noticed every little thing even back then. I was watching the popstar manual being written and trying to keep up!

Tea.  I wanted to say it initially so I'm glad you did first.  :ohdear:

You know you're a Britney stan when you remember...  I completely remember that too!  Both she and her team were mad at MTV for dubbing her vocals so it in subsequent airings her "live" vocals were featured instead.  One of the things I love about the "Oops!" Tour is that she prerecorded everything, on that same token, what I dislike about this tour is that she prerecorded everything.  I appreciate the effort but her vocals were really bad, which is a shame because she clearly was capable of delivering much better vocals.  

She does a good job here singing the bridge.  

I was actually revisiting the L.A. concert's videos on youtube and WOW, she's delivering. It's crazy how her "wow", "ugh" and of course the live vocals are putting the show on a next level and it feels so alive.

I wish POMney would at least serves us some "wow" during the songs. 

I've been thoroughly reliving the "Oops!" era and I have to say this Tour is amazing but I wish she had included a couple more songs from the parent album.

This is my revised setlist:

1. Intro

2. Crazy

3. Stronger

4. What U See (Is What U Get)

5. From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart

6. Where Are You Now

7. Born To Make You Happy

8. Lucky

9. Sometimes

10. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know

11. The Beat Goes On

12. I Will Be There (imaginary 6th BOMT single)

13. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

14. Don't Go Knockin On My Door (imaginary 5th OIDIA single)

--dancer interlude-

15. Can't Make You Love Me

(this edit-inspired)

16. ...Baby One More Time

17. Oops I Did It Again

So just a few more songs to add some volume to the show. "Can't Make You Love Me" is just too big a song to remain an unperformed album track.

I always thought "What U See (Is What U Get)" should have been the 5th single, but I actually think "Don't Go Knockin On My Door" would have made the perfect addition to her discography at the time. A nice "semi-urban" track to bridge between the teen-pop and "Slave".

18 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I've been thoroughly reliving the "Oops!" era and I have to say this Tour is amazing but I wish she had included a couple more songs from the parent album.

This is my revised setlist:

1. Intro

2. Crazy

3. Stronger

4. What U See (Is What U Get)

5. From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart

6. Where Are You Now

7. Born To Make You Happy

8. Lucky

9. Sometimes

10. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know

11. The Beat Goes On

12. I Will Be There (imaginary 6th BOMT single)

13. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

14. Don't Go Knockin On My Door (imaginary 5th OIDIA single)

--dancer interlude-

15. Can't Make You Love Me

(this edit-inspired)

16. ...Baby One More Time

17. Oops I Did It Again

So just a few more songs to add some volume to the show. "Can't Make You Love Me" is just too big a song to remain an unperformed album track.

I always thought "What U See (Is What U Get)" should have been the 5th single, but I actually think "Don't Go Knockin On My Door" would have made the perfect addition to her discography at the time. A nice "semi-urban" track to bridge between the teen-pop and "Slave".

I agree and OMG that remix :gobaby:

I'd really like these to leak in HQ.

I totally imagine a video that's a combination of the above clip, Bootylicious, Doesn't Really Matter by Janet Jackson, with a hint of "Womanizer".

IMAGINE a world where Britney performed "Don't Go Knockin On My Door" in Vegas these past 4 years because its a well known single that still fits well with her Britney(the album) material and beyond. That world is a better world.

At least "Knockin" got a pretty big performance on the Oops! Tour.

Oh and I'm glad you liked that remix as much as I did when I discovered it earlier today. It suited my "needs to sound like it could be a plausible live performance in 2000 mix" niche that I thought I'd have been stuck keeping empty.

We need more remixes and tour edits from her first 2 eras. There should be a ...Baby and Oops! Re-Imagined collection made by some industrious fan.

1 hour ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Oh and I'm glad you liked that remix as much as I did when I discovered it earlier today. It suited my "needs to sound like it could be a plausible live performance in 2000 mix" niche that I thought I'd have been stuck keeping empty.

WE NEED MORE REMIXES AND TOUR EDITS FROM HER FIRST 2 ERAS. There should be a ...Baby and Oops! Re-Imagined collection made by some industrious fan.

This! :staysalty:

On 3/10/2018 at 6:26 AM, Duabhit said:

I was actually revisiting the L.A. concert's videos on youtube and WOW, she's delivering. It's crazy how her "wow", "ugh" and of course the live vocals are putting the show on a next level and it feels so alive.

I wish POMney would at least serves us some "wow" during the songs. 

now it's just the "ah!" after Freakshow :kyliecry:

I wish she would have stayed with dancing some songs and singing others. It was perfect 

It’s underrated because most fans don’t like those albums. So they don’t like the tours by default 

Anyways we really never got any views of the oops tour officially until youtube so we weren’t that into it 

28 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

It’s underrated because most fans don’t like those albums. So they don’t like the tours by default 

To me "Oops!... I Did it Again" (the album) is a gem, she gave us great uptempos, great ballads, great vocals, iconic music videos, a great tour... To me it was a perfect era (even tho my all time favorite era is "Britney") :gobaby:

38 minutes ago, Do Somethin' said:

To me "Oops!... I Did it Again" (the album) is a gem, she gave us great uptempos, great ballads, great vocals, iconic music videos, a great tour... To me it was a perfect era (even tho my all time favorite era is "Britney") :gobaby:

I feel the same way. 

Britney is also my fav era. 

Oops had so many great moments though. Probably my third fav er overall 

...Baby and OOps are the first albums to have a profound effect on my life. To be honest, I don't think Britney would have appealed to me at 13 had she came out the gate with 'Slave'. She was truly one of the most sincere, sweet, and yes "innocent" celebrities of all time. She really was like a girl from your school who hit it big, except the girls at my school were ugly and bitchy, and Britney was this gorgeous "goob". She was just the full package--and none of the blonds at the time (or since) can say that. Early Britney checked all the boxes.

Life, fame, society, and heartbreak changed her, as they do us all, and I don't begrudge her this, but so much of the foundation of my own, as well as the nation's love for her is down to her being this hard-working loveable teenager with infectious pop hits. And the "accidental" **** over the "I am a vixen". The early years deserve a lot more admiration and respect.

5 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

...Baby and OOps are the first albums to have a profound effect on my life. To be honest, I don't think Britney would have appealed to me at 13 had she came out the gate with 'Slave'. SHE WAS TRULY ONE OF THE MOST SINCERE, SWEET, AND YES "INNOCENT" CELEBRITIES OF ALL TIME. SHE REALLY WAS LIKE A GIRL FROM YOUR SCHOOL WHO HIT IT BIG, EXCEPT THE GIRLS AT MY SCHOOL WERE UGLY AND BITCHY, AND BRITNEY WAS THIS GORGEOUS "GOOB. She was just the full package--and none of the blonds at the time (or since) can say that. Early Britney checked all the boxes.

Life, fame, society, and heartbreak changed her, as they do us all, and I don't begrudge her this, but so much of the foundation of my own, as well as the nation's love for her is down to her being this hard-working loveable teenager with infectious pop hits. And the "accidental" **** over the "I am a vixen". The early years deserve a lot more admiration and respect.

Tbh she was my very first crush :gimmemoar: i've never seen such a sweetheart like her, not to mention how BEAUTIFUL she was in the early 2000s (i'm obviously NOT saying that now she's ugly because she's not, but idk, early 2000s Britney was just stunning to me) 

Archived