Oops!... I Did It Again Tour

I Can Bang

I agree with you it's so underrated. She sounded great during this tour, I always thought she sang live (someone told me prerecorded vocals though). But either way, she really did sound good. The dancing and costumes were on point too! 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK sadly it seems that moment in "Crazy" is really the only one worth pointing out from this concert. I've made it to Satisfaction and yes there are moments she might be singing along, but I do now believe it's the same pre-rec track we're used to, just sounding a bit different not being a pro recording.

I wonder if that's why the uploaded only put Crazy and Stronger on YouTube because they definitely feature the most unique vocal moments.

This tour is great and played out like a Janet Jackson concert for the TRL set.  Right down to the "I need to slow things down and catch my breath" while sitting right next to her musical director.  It's equal parts sweet & **** with Britney leading the way instead of the production & costumes overshadowing her.   I really wish this concert was called The Britney Spears Experience since that's how she introduces the show. :toocute:

6 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Here too--an alarming attemp at the big "Strongerrrrr"

The big note wasn't too bad here, I was expecting another RMA mess, but everything else that follows is pretty rough.  :ohdear:

3 minutes ago, Do Somethin' said:

LMAO, yeah i can't stand her backing singers during her Oops & DWAD tour :cackling: (and OHT too tbh :imok:)

I like the Onyx singers just the live in Miami sound is really bad, the other dates are listenable. The flaw there was Britney because those backing singers were actually singing as if Britney was going to be and the mix between Britney's cd vocals and theirs was awkward as ****. However Britney is the star and it's their job to make her look good so I could totally understand hating them.

4 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

The backing singers seriously give you a headache hear. SHUT UP!

Her background singers were ridiculous during this tour, their job is to support and harmonize not drain out Britney's singing/vocal tracks. They sound like cats being strangled. :cackling: With that aside, she hit that note very well here.  :tysm:

7 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

Her background singers were ridiculous during this tour, their job is to support and harmonize not drain out Britney's singing/vocal tracks. They sound like cats being strangled. :cackling: With that aside, she hit that note very well here.  :tysm:

It's almost like--it sounds like a joke. They are absolutely shrieking for their lives!

I think they were trying really hard to recreate that big Cheiron backing chorus sound and failing miserably. However, it worked live from memory.

It was so random that Joey Fatone's sister was one of her backing singers during the UK leg. I always remember that Fox Family 24/7 Special where she says she was working at Red Lobster and got an offer to sing and tour with Britney.

43 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

It's almost like--it sounds like a joke. They are absolutely shrieking for their lives!

I think they were trying really hard to recreate that big Cheiron backing chorus sound and failing miserably. However, it worked live from memory.

It was so random that Joey Fatone's sister was one of her backing singers during the UK leg. I always remember that Fox Family 24/7 Special where she says she was working at Red Lobster and got an offer to sing and tour with Britney.

I remember that special, and my younger self too thought that was ridiculous.  :cackling:  They were the worst and only knew one dynamic: loud.  How in the hell that was never corrected by her team or musical director was a disgrace.  Thankfully for her Live in London special they were muted.  

They were obviously told to be loud, to drown her out when she was struggling or something. I remember early in my fandom,I'd sometimes mistake their voices for Britney's and was shocked by how different "she" really sounded. One example pops to mind: Her Grammy performance. The final "Give me a siiiiiiign, hit me baby one more time!"totally confused me. It took a long time to realize it was just Nathalie and Kylie's shrieking.

Also ...Baby One More Time on The Today Show in 2000. They are SO LOUD during the final choruses.

58 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

They were obviously told to be loud, to drown her out when she was struggling or something. I remember early in my fandom,I'd sometimes mistake their voices for Britney's and was shocked by how different "she" really sounded. One example pops to mind: Her Grammy performance. The final "Give me a siiiiiiign, hit me baby one more time!"totally confused me. It took a long time to realize it was just Nathalie and Kylie's shrieking.

Also ...Baby One More Time on The Today Show in 2000. They are SO LOUD during the final choruses.

!!!  I wanted to believe it was her too because she looked so into the moment.  For years I did, untilI I stopped deluding myself.   

I agree with you, they were definitely told to sing louder, it always bugged me when Nathalie and Kylie sang the bridge over that final chorus for "...Baby."  That should have been sang by Britney alone while they took over duties on the chorus.  But alas...  

I also agree with you on TOHT having great background singers and, at one point during her ITZ promo stops, had two females before one was dismissed.  I wish she had kept the other one too because I think it would have balanced out the male vocalist more.  

Someone needs to track those girls down though. It must have been an interesting gig. Those first girls (Nathalie and Kylie I think) were with her for a long time, until I guess the European leg when they got Joey's sister and that other girl shown in All Acesss 24/7. They even got to kind of perform Lucky with her at first, although at some point their roles were filled with the backing dancers (Carissa and Tania?). Then Britney era came around and she obviously was a lot more into the **** image so she revamped the whole team and only a few of the oldies (Andre...not sure who else TBH) got to stay on with her.

I thought it was awesome Amina from DWAD was with her again on the Femme Fatale Tour. Ageless Queen.

Archived