Oops!... I Did It Again Tour

I Can Bang

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

Her first 2 eras in general are overlooked because I think her fan base prefers the sexier britney. There’s a special place in my heart for the first 2 eras which are arguably her best but I relate more to her more adult shows/performances/music

I agree, but i think people tend to forget how young she was when she showed how much of an amazing performer she was, she was so young but it seemed like she had a lot of years of experience, she was born to be a performer! :crying3:

Oops Tour was like a reloaded version of BOMT Tour. Even the stage looked similar but better. This was her best at dancing though, she was so on point and better than her dancers. But that's it. Not a stand out, her stand outs at the time were her award shows performances. There is a HUGE difference between this tour and DWAD tour... and they are just 1 year apart. :whitney:

11 minutes ago, tommy_boy said:

Oops Tour was like a reloaded version of BOMT Tour. Even the stage looked similar but better. This was her best at dancing though, she was so on point and better than her dancers. But that's it. Not a stand out, her stand outs at the time were her award shows performances. There is a HUGE difference between this tour and DWAD tour... and they are just 1 year apart. :whitney:

DWAD tour... OMG that's what i call a SHOW :yasqueen: 

the oops i did it again tour from louisiana NOT london was my favorite britney tour of all time. her dancing/stage presence/pre-recorded vocals/etc were INCREDIBLE and SO overlooked. everyone always brings up onyx & dwad, but to me the 2000 oops tour outshines them both.  i just wish i could find a better quality version of it. if anyone has it PLEASE let me know because i've been looking for it forever. 

I think maybe some fans mistake Crazy 2k for the Oops! Tour because Crazy 2k WAS just a bigger-scale ...Baby One More Time Tour. The Oops! Tour may have had a staircase, but that's really the only similarity the shows shared. Britney had grown into a really confident, strong performer during the Oops! Tour. We were basically seeing "Stronger" era Britney live.

The show itself was unique and while most of the aired versions utilized a certain pre-rec track, she really did SING LIVE at multiple dates. If you can find Crazy from the Oops Tour live in Washington from the Oops! Tour, you will hear a unique set of vocals, not the same ones from the airings. My friend and I went home from the concert in LA imitating certain vocal affectations she did live that are not featured in the pre-recorded vocals. She was a force.

I still LOVE the rendition of Crazy she performs on the tour. I'd say the worst part from a television perspective was Oops because she was just interacting with the video screen for a good portion of it, but again, in person at the time it was quite unique and really worked.

1:25 listen to that "my feelings on you"...I never heard her sing it like that ever, anywhere. Maybe early like NSYNC Tour era. ANd this is not some fan doctored thing, I've had an Mp3 of this since 2000.

4 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

1:25 listen to that "my feelings on you"...I never heard her sing it like that ever, anywhere. Maybe early like NSYNC Tour era. ANd this is not some fan doctored thing, I've had an Mp3 of this since 2000.

OMG that sounds so good! :scalped: thank you so much, i never heard that before :cackling:

1 minute ago, Do Somethin' said:

OMG that sounds so good! :scalped: thank you so much, i never heard that before :cackling:

I think it's fairly rare these days. The video doesn't have many views so fans obviously don't know. They actually have really good sound for fan bootlegs from back then. I think it's important these "receipts" that Britney really performed a CONCERT back then are conserved. I actually think it's possible the Oops! Tour pre-rec vocals were just soundboard recordings from a live date they liked and chose to use when she wasn't feeling up for it or when they were concerned about consistency for televised performances. I'll try and search my archives because I think the whole show was out there and I'd like to check back and see if she sang the whole show.

4 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I think it's fairly rare these days. The video doesn't have many views so fans obviously don't know. They actually have really good sound for fan bootlegs from back then. I think it's important these "receipts" that Britney really performed a CONCERT back then are conserved. I actually think it's possible the Oops! Tour pre-rec vocals were just soundboard recordings from a live date they liked and chose to use when she wasn't feeling up for it or when they were concerned about consistency for televised performances. I'll try and search my archives because I think the whole show was out there and I'd like to check back and see if she sang the whole show.

OMG please, i'd love to hear the whole thing :clap1: 

OK I checked and I do have the whole show. I'm listening through to try and tell if it's the pre-rec track or not. I definitely hear a liveney on the first chorus of "What U See(Is What U Get)" (there's a MAJOR crack in "you should TAAAKE...") but the verse, it's hard to tell because of the varying sound quality from the professional recording. She at the least sounds lower in pitch to me slightly but that might just be the recording. If I find any stand out, unique moments, I'll try and see if I can learn how to post a song on YouTube or something if y'all are interested.

She recorded prerecorded vocals for Oops, but here's the thing:
For BROADCASTED shows (rock in rio, louisiana and london) she relied on prerec vocals only

for almost every other show she was singing above the prerecorded track, so you can hear her (sometimes pretty clearly, sometimes less)

5 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

OK I checked and I do have the whole show. I'm listening through to try and tell if it's the pre-rec track or not. I definitely hear a liveney on the first chorus of "What U See(Is What U Get)" (there's a MAJOR crack in "you should TAAAKE...") but the verse, it's hard to tell because of the varying sound quality from the professional recording. She at the least sounds lower in pitch to me slightly but that might just be the recording. If I find any stand out, unique moments, I'LL TRY AND SEE IF I CAN LEARN HOW TO POST A SONG ON YOUTUBE OR SOMETHING IF Y'ALL ARE INTERESTED.

I am interested! :scalped::snapney:

Archived