Why is Criminal so hated?

Eliot

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it beat Inside Out in the poll. Criminal is one of the last songs from Femme Fatale that should have ever been picked as a single. That album had Teenage Dream / Good Girl Gone Bad potential singles-wise. Three top 10s in a row; Britney's highest audience on radio; great VEVO views and visuals. And fans chose Criminal. The most boring, minimal song on an album full of modern, trendsetting production. Ruined the era. 

5 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Its mainly hated by the flip flops on here who like a song based on chart positions

It's plainly a bad song. And even worse when that video was released. Making with out with an old man is just ew. She looks old in FF era anyways.

I honestly can't stand the song now because of the video with Jason. Idk, I don't like britney's boyfriends in her videos,  especially after they break up, it just leaves a sour taste.  

But back in the day i watched it a lot though.  

8 hours ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

I don't hate it but I was/am livid that it was chosen over Inside Out as the 4th single. Femme Fatale had so much single potential and Criminal just cut the era short. I would've preferred Inside Out as the 4th single and then close the era out with HATLM. But this is a common occurrence with Britney's eras. 

I mean it was a solid era though (gasoline in commercial, 3 hits) and Criminal was a hit in many countries like Brazil. It was kinda a good change of tempo from the last couple singles and one of her best videos

7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's a great song. The video is the best from the FF era, but it didn't deserve to be a single. I mean, Inside Out was the obvious choice, but there were also other songs like Trip to Your Heart, Up 'N Down, etc.

I still don't understand who voted for Criminal.

Surely Hold it Against Me has a better vid than Criminal? 

:calculating:

There's no reason to hate criminal tho, at least I don't have any issues with it. It's a good song, has a good music video, and it was a pop radio hit in my country :mattafact:

Although I know Inside Out would do better, or even other songs like Up N' Down or Beautiful (Drop Dead). But we don't get everything we want in life so whatever :whitney:

Criminal was a good choice because there is no way she would have made the fans/gp happy with a video for the other song options on that clearly rigged "poll". Her dancing just wasn't there that era, and we already had a video with her standing around serving close ups for 'I Wanna Go' This is also the era of the body double backlash and she was in her 'I'm a mom now' phase. I would have loved a video for Inside Out. It's one of my favorites, but if she wasn't gonna bring a killer dance routine or **** lingerie rolling around in a bed hotness it just wouldn't have worked. I remember everyone being totally shocked with the production value for Criminal once the video came out. No one expected anything that played like a mini movie, and she looked great. And as it is with most of her releases "fans" loved it until it tanked on the charts. I did hear it in subway once, slay I guess.  :BBMAney:

Archived