Why is Criminal so hated?

Eliot

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love criminal. I just regret they did not use more of her background vocals and the end. The radio stations here in Brazil still play it because it was a huge hit here, but it is not a regular song on the radio. And make me played here more then Slumber Party. 

3 hours ago, Da Fr3ak said:

The annoying fans who wanted inside out as a single were hating on it. Then when criminal flopped, more jumped on the hate bandwagon. I'm personally glad that overrated inside out didn't become a single

The superior Inside Out has you PRESSED!!! :rihclap:

I personally hate criminal because it won over inside out. I love inside out. Criminal's melody is so flat, except for the bridge, bridge is good, it's nothing like the rest of the song and I think it offers justney teas. And I do like the video because of more justney teas but any video could have had justney teas so that point is moot.

But yeah more than anything, it ****** up inside out becoming a single. I couldn't understand how inside out didn't win especially with the call back lines to BOMT and Crazy and that epic "come on!" And then on top of that criminal didn't even perform on the charts after 3 hit singles from the era, 4th single was ripe to pop off if it was good.  Like why did criminal win in the poll?!?

:nyheadache: 

ugh years later I still just.. I can not understand it

PS If you really want to know what really could have popped off, it was scary and britney wrote it herself!

uhg! :yesplease:

I hate that it was a bonus, mood ring syndrome is real.

3 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

What's so special about Inside Out? It's a cute song but ya'll act like it's the Toxic of Femme Fatale when that song would have flopped too. 

It was way above the curve,  see how it influenced  Miley`s Wrecking Ball Katy`s and E.T, both hits

It's my favourite song of Britney's, along with BTMYH, Everytime and I run away. They bring back more memories than BOMT, TOXIC and anything else. There's something about her vocals and the melody that makes me get chills all over my body. I wish Britney uses her voice more. She has such a calming velvet-y voice. I absolutely adore Criminal. To each his own I guess. 

i don't know exactly if it is hated but a lot of people wanted it do flop since the beginning when it was decided as last single of Femme Fatale Era. those people wanted Inside Out rather than Criminal. 

who cares. she made me really happy for choosing Criminal as a single. it was risky back in the day because it is a mid-tempo song... she did a great video for it recorded in London... nothing to complain about it. 

21 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

yes ı heard it on the radio lots of times and people used to set it as their ringtone.

ı love criminal (both the song and the mv) and ı voted for it but sometimes ı think that ı should have voted for inside out, ı love it too.ı guess ı wanted a ballad (criminal is not that slow but still...) after three up tempo singles.

I know right :unreal: its like everyone had it as ringtone in streets bcuz i was hearing it everywhere! even some old dudes had it as a ringtone :mhm:

20 hours ago, Arckangel said:

BritneySpears.com had that BS alert section where the Till The World Ends body double rumour was denied:

34h9blz.jpg

they were lying as usual.they used body doubles in hiam and ttwe.you can just google it and look at the photos or watch the videos on low speed to see it.

15 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

What's so special about Inside Out? It's a cute song but ya'll act like it's the Toxic of Femme Fatale when that song would have flopped too. 

When Hold It Against Me dropped, Britney made headlines for the dubstep inclusion and it was an underlying, forward-thinking production element of Femme Fatale... Hold It Against Me, Inside Out, How I Roll and Seal It With A Kiss being the most notable.

Inside Out offered more modern production and, IMO, a waaaaaaaaay catchier hook and less corny lyrics than Criminal. Just an overall more universally relatable song. It was also ahead of the curve with the pop girls: Rihanna, for instance, made You Da One her second single from Talk That Talk later that year.

Inside Out would have been the perfect follow up to three top 10 dance hits, because it slowed down the pace while still keeping the stellar, hard hitting production the era offered. Criminal came out of nowhere and I've never even understood why that song is on the Femme Fatale track list. It does not match the tone of the album or reach the production level of the other tracks. 

31 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

When Hold It Against Me dropped, Britney made headlines for the dubstep inclusion and it was an underlying, forward-thinking production element of Femme Fatale... Hold It Against Me, Inside Out, How I Roll and Seal It With A Kiss being the most notable.

Inside Out offered more modern production and, IMO, a waaaaaaaaay catchier hook and less corny lyrics than Criminal. Just an overall more universally relatable song. It was also ahead of the curve with the pop girls: Rihanna, for instance, made You Da One her second single from Talk That Talk later that year.

Inside Out would have been the perfect follow up to three top 10 dance hits, because it slowed down the pace while still keeping the stellar, hard hitting production the era offered. Criminal came out of nowhere and I've never even understood why that song is on the Femme Fatale track list. It does not match the tone of the album or reach the production level of the other tracks. 

You can blame Max Martin and his mentality of "my hit or miss radio bubblegum is better than William Orbit and Klas Ahlund" for Criminal making it. :mattafact:

12 hours ago, dandy said:

It was way above the curve,  see how it influenced  Miley`s Wrecking Ball Katy`s and E.T, both hits

How did it influence anything when Dr. Luke produced all 3 songs? :mattafact:

ET was also recorded around late 2009 / early 2010 when Inside Out didn't come to be until late 2010 when the original Femme Fatale was scrapped for Max Martin and Dr. Luke's vision.

and ET is also a better song. :gross:

55 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

I agree with you here, but ultimately Criminal has aged slightly better imo. So it's kind of a win for Britney. I think How I Roll would have been a far more fun single. I always imagine a Keith Haring inspired video. Very colorful and "artsy fartsy".

27 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

How did it influence anything when Dr. Luke produced all 3 songs? :mattafact:

ET was also recorded around late 2009 / early 2010 when Inside Out didn't come to be until late 2010 when the original Femme Fatale was scrapped for Max Martin and Dr. Luke's vision.

and ET is also a better song. :gross:

Inside Out beat was produced solely by Billboard, Dr Luke just pasted his name on the song. Check the footage from producer-battle where we heard the instrumental for the first time. It was way before e.t and Femme Fatale even

16 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I agree with you here, but ultimately Criminal has aged slightly better imo. So it's kind of a win for Britney. I think How I Roll would have been a far more fun single. I always imagine a Keith Haring inspired video. Very colorful and "artsy fartsy".

How I Roll is such a fantastic song. Bloodshy is a legend!!

19 minutes ago, dandy said:

Inside Out beat was produced solely by Billboard, Dr Luke just pasted his name on the song. Check the footage from producer-battle where we heard the instrumental for the first time. It was way before e.t and Femme Fatale even

Katy Perry recorded Teenage Dream during 2009 around the same time Femme Fatale was being conceptualized. Billboard, Dr. Luke and Max Martin all worked under the same production studio so regardless who actually came up with the beat to Inside Out, it was still created by that team. So I agree with the other user that Inside Out did not inspire anything since all these songs were created around the same time. Where is that sound today? You don't hear it...

21 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

Katy Perry recorded Teenage Dream during 2009 around the same time Femme Fatale was being conceptualized. Billboard, Dr. Luke and Max Martin all worked under the same production studio so regardless who actually came up with the beat to Inside Out, it was still created by that team. So I agree with the other user that Inside Out did not inspire anything since all these songs were created around the same time. Where is that sound today? You don't hear it...

Archived