Why is Criminal so hated?

Eliot

13 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Its mainly hated by the flip flops on here who like a song based on chart positions

Yes, this.

I personally love Criminal and I've heard non Britney fans liking this song... However a once favorite video of mine is now pretty much ruined by Jason, especially after the rumors came out that he was harsh and controlling.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, reecejwilson said:

Surely Hold it Against Me has a better vid than Criminal? 

:calculating:

HIAM was a nice, mysterious video overall. But she looks miles better in Criminal, and I think that's enough for me :P Especially considering she didn't look precisely her best during FF era, so Criminal was real, positive surprise.

screen-shot-2011-10-22-at-00-27-59.png

0593b0b295574aac4da2e258dfbc6d48.jpg

1247669-britney-spears-617-409.jpg

article-1358336-0D4005D3000005DC-182_634

britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-video_

Captura-Britney+Spears+-+Hold+It+Against

FF videos were great in general in terms of quality and production, but her looks are what kinda ruined them. Like TTWE for example, she looks so, not good, just look at her dead eyes

orig-13963721.jpg

And then IWG I think it was the second best. A really good video, she looks great in some parts

gifs-gifs-i-wanna-go-30.gif

but then in others she looks rather strange

Britney-Spears-I-Wanna-Go.jpg

6_22_11_b3iwg.jpg

5 hours ago, f_rhythm said:

It's the last very populer song of Britney in Turkey so :mhm:

yes ı heard it on the radio lots of times and people used to set it as their ringtone.

ı love criminal (both the song and the mv) and ı voted for it but sometimes ı think that ı should have voted for inside out, ı love it too.ı guess ı wanted a ballad (criminal is not that slow but still...) after three up tempo singles.

nOT TO mention the cringe music video.  No I don't want to see your ***** half naked in the shower like it's hot :nyheadache:
(to re-iterate, Make Me end scene was hot, womanizer nude was hot, Criminal shower scene with Jasons lanky *** with her titty with no nipple havin *** is not :nyheadache:

songs fine but i can't do that MV

Let's be real, Criminal is nice song but the song needed badass MV. The MV is too cheesy in some parts, kind of childish, and that's one of the biggest Britneys problem even today!

If that sing had some badass, controversial and more serious story that song would be way bigger.

She needs to stop being cheesy and childish ASAP! And no more baby voice for Gods sake! Grow up *****!

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

HIAM was a nice, mysterious video overall. But she looks miles better in Criminal, and I think that's enough for me :P Especially considering she didn't look precisely her best during FF era, so Criminal was real, positive surprise.

screen-shot-2011-10-22-at-00-27-59.png

0593b0b295574aac4da2e258dfbc6d48.jpg

1247669-britney-spears-617-409.jpg

article-1358336-0D4005D3000005DC-182_634

britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-video_

Captura-Britney+Spears+-+Hold+It+Against

FF videos were great in general in terms of quality and production, but her looks are what kinda ruined them. Like TTWE for example, she looks so, not good, just look at her dead eyes

orig-13963721.jpg

And then IWG I think it was the second best. A really good video, she looks great in some parts

gifs-gifs-i-wanna-go-30.gif

but then in others she looks rather strange

Britney-Spears-I-Wanna-Go.jpg

6_22_11_b3iwg.jpg

I love the mystery behind the HIAM, the whole thing about the illuminati and the symbolism. I think it's really arty too.

She looked beautiful in criminal though. I love the part where she kicks the guy's balls and she's like ''Now I'm okay!'' :gloria::brit:

Violenceney 

1 hour ago, CashmereCat said:

nOT TO mention the cringe music video.  No I don't want to see your ***** half naked in the shower like it's hot :nyheadache:
(to re-iterate, Make Me end scene was hot, womanizer nude was hot, Criminal shower scene with Jasons lanky *** with her titty with no nipple havin *** is not :nyheadache:

songs fine but i can't do that MV

I agree about the shower scene. Totally unnecessary and not hot. 1 *** scene was enough. Also that Jason back tattoo that looked like it came out of Need for speed and the millions of bullets that never hit :triggered:

I think she looked great in the hallway scenes tho but that was a song that she could go for a more serious mv concept and address issues like domestic abuse in a much better way than that.

Guest Arckangel
8 hours ago, RaDaRaVeNgEr said:

Criminal was a good choice because there is no way she would have made the fans/gp happy with a video for the other song options on that clearly rigged "poll". Her dancing just wasn't there that era, and we already had a video with her standing around serving close ups for 'I Wanna Go' This is also the era of the body double backlash and she was in her 'I'm a mom now' phase. I would have loved a video for Inside Out. It's one of my favorites, but if she wasn't gonna bring a killer dance routine or **** lingerie rolling around in a bed hotness it just wouldn't have worked. I remember everyone being totally shocked with the production value for Criminal once the video came out. No one expected anything that played like a mini movie, and she looked great. And as it is with most of her releases "fans" loved it until it tanked on the charts. I did hear it in subway once, slay I guess.  :BBMAney:

BritneySpears.com had that BS alert section where the Till The World Ends body double rumour was denied:

34h9blz.jpg

38 minutes ago, Da Fr3ak said:

The annoying fans who wanted inside out as a single were hating on it. Then when criminal flopped, more jumped on the hate bandwagon. I'm personally glad that overrated inside out didn't become a single

tumblr_ly6g8bIQR21qa6i24o1_500.gif

Archived