Why is Criminal so hated?

Eliot

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans hate Criminal because it was released as a single, but didn't do well chart wise, even though fans chose the single. Certain fans believe that it was Gaga fans who sabotaged Britney by choosing Criminal....

....even though fans loved Criminal on the album....

and critics loved the track too. It was literally the most organic track on the album, and was kinda what fans wanted from Britney at that time (along with HATLM)

I do remember fans were quite split between Inside Out and Criminal, but Criminal was the right choice, as always, it sank because no one mentioned it or promoted it.

It's hated the same reason why Perfume is. And to an extent, Slumber Party too. (Though I rarely see hate for SP.)

We picked these songs as singles. And then they failed to perform well, which led to fans hating on them.

Criminal in particular had so much potential. The main draw for it was the music video, but Little Monsters got the song flagged and age-restricted on YouTube for over four years. Which of course made the views, and the chart position, stall in the water. :yaknow: 

Maybe and just maybe because of that battle between Inside out vs. Criminal which were the faves of the fans back then. I honestly chose Inside out because I love the song but I also love Criminal, it's such a different sound but still very catchy pop, the Youtube restriction really affected its performance, yet I know many who know this song and they like it so I have no problem about it, I love it and I would never hate it.  The MV was great, the track is amazing, there's no reason to hate something like this. FF was full of single-potential tracks but ultimately not all tracks can be singles so hating on it for that reason would be pointless and childish... :donewithit:

I love Criminal, it's one of my fave songs from Femme Fatale too. I think most fans hate it because it was a single although I will admit I voted for it in that poll :orangu: I think the song shows a different side of Britney and makes a change from the uptempo tracks on the album. The video was great too. It's a shame it flopped. And I'm still not over Britney not performing it on the FFT. 

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Fans hate Criminal because it was released as a single, but didn't do well chart wise, even though fans chose the single. Certain fans believe that it was Gaga fans who sabotaged Britney by choosing Criminal....

What did Gaga fans do exactly? 

Criminal kinda grew on me, but what turned me away at first was the flute at the start of the song. But after a while I started listening to the song and letting my imagination take over :giggleney: and found it to be really romantic. I found that Selena's "Love Will Remember" is kinda similar to Criminal since they are both the ends to a dance album and they both kinda sound similar in style. I love both albums and both songs and now criminal is one of my faves from ff 

Archived