Do you think it was good she didn't take a break after 2007?

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was good for her at the moment since she loves it and it took her mind off things

But when the tour ended she had nothing else to focus on and they also scrapped her original idea for femme fatale and pushed her to tour even though she wasn't feeling well

So in the end I think it's a combination off her getting pushed to do things

And that's probably why she doesn't promote as much now, but I rather her be happy

I think it was good for her to have something to focus on and during For The Record yeah she cried and was sad about some personal things of ******* course look at what she had gone through just earlier that year but she seemed to actually be enjoying the work part of it.  Also she probably was like "Oh ****! I might have just trashed my career, is that really what I want?" After all the backlash in 2007 so now that she was getting back to a clear state of mind it would be normal if she just wanted to get herself out there to repair some damage and just see how she really felt about her career. I think she should have taken a break afterwards though cuz she clearly wasn't feeling FF and I don't know if it's because she didn't like the direction FF was going or just personal things completely unrelated to music and touring but she wasn't doing well at that time.

Taking a break wouldn't have made it better or worse,  the damage came from 2007. Both albums/eras were great because that's what life is about. She needed to keep going and working, just like everybody else does when facing problems,  we cant run away and leave it all just like that. 

She did have to take a break not after her problems but BEFORE those problems happened in order to avoid them to happen, around late 06 and full 07. If she wouldn't have gone through that 2007 overexposure, the Britney we have today wouldn't be the same. :donewithit:

8 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

And went straight into recording and eventually promoting and releasing "Circus"?  Or do you think it would have been better for her to have taken a real break somewhere for an extended period of time?  I'm not talking about career success either I'm talking about personally?  

I like the Circus album so this isn't coming from the point of view of somebody that hated it and would prefer nothing at all to it. I think it was ****** up she was rushed into pushing out an album and a tour so quickly. I don't know behind the scenes details. Maybe Britney needed something to take her mind off of everything. Putting myself in her shoes, I would've been raising hell and bitching my head off at the idea of doing all this work after having a public breakdown. It's not like I stubbed my toe and I'll be back to work immediately. I think anybody that has a nervous breakdown needs time to recover. And for somebody like Britney, I really wouldn't have came back at all if I were in her shoes. I'd be ready to wash my hands of all of it. IF I did do anything, I'd put out the biggest **** you to the establishment even if it was a case of doing every single thing on my own. I'm so not in the mood for the media tearing somebody to shreds, basically anticipating for the woman to die and then kiss her *** after the fact.

I've ranted about this on other topics. Britney's not the only one in this category imo. Charlie Sheen was another example. You just had a reverse happening. Britney became the most hated celebrity for what she was going through while people were laughing and couldn't wait to see the next ~wacky~ thing Charlie would do or say. 

3 minutes ago, glitterfalls said:

I like the Circus album so this isn't coming from the point of view of somebody that hated it and would prefer nothing at all to it. I think it was ****** up she was rushed into pushing out an album and a tour so quickly. I don't know behind the scenes details. Maybe Britney needed something to take her mind off of everything. Putting myself in her shoes, I would've been raising hell and bitching my head off at the idea of doing all this work after having a public breakdown. It's not like I stubbed my toe and I'll be back to work immediately. I think anybody that has a nervous breakdown needs time to recover. And for somebody like Britney, I really wouldn't have came back at all if I were in her shoes. I'd be ready to wash my hands of all of it. IF I did do anything, I'd put out the biggest **** you to the establishment even if it was a case of doing every single thing on my own. I'm so not in the mood for the media tearing somebody to shreds, basically anticipating for the woman to die and then kiss her *** after the fact.

I've ranted about this on other topics. Britney's not the only one in this category imo. Charlie Sheen was another example. You just had a reverse happening. Britney became the most hated celebrity for what she was going through while people were laughing and couldn't wait to see the next ~wacky~ thing Charlie would do or say. 

this might be true, but remember, her life had been really unstable for 2-3 years by the time Circus started (4 years if you count OHT where she complained about the extreme tour schedule). She did love performing and she could've been embarrassed by her image and wanted to restore it. Circus provided both stability and a return to what she was used to and loved, as well as it restoring her image. Not saying either of us is right because neither of us truly know, just offering a different perspective.

I think career wise it was very good to hurry and remind ppl that she is the princess of pop and still makes hits. But personally, it is crazy to think she was in the back of a stretcher in January and under involuntary psychiatric hold and then releasing an album in November. They should have probably done the album, promo, and a small major city tour. Just to keep Britney's face and name out there while she dominated the charts. I think what ultimately led to FF being such a disaster was she was on such a high during Circus to finally be back out there, that when it ended and reality of her life set in, she was miserable. Circus was her first tour under the c-ship. Not being able to drink when she wants to, or hang out with who she wants or go out clubbing in a new city, being so controlled. It was probably all very new to her. But they probably already had it set in place months in advance when she would start work on her next album. So when FF came, she was miserable. I also think meds played a huge part in her performance skills during FF. Like there are some parts of the tour where she can't even move. But yay for being in a much better place. (Also had she taken a real break then, we'd probably have her more committed now)

Archived