Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant

Jordan Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OutrageousSin said:

It's a good performance, not iconic but really good! She looked great!

but they hyped it WAY too much! That's why some felt disappointed! 

Idk, it's time to move on coz the era has just started, one "ok" performances doesn't mean she's over!! lol

we just need to learn the lesson, not to believe any bullshit people says, specially those "insiders"!! :sofedup:

This, I wasn't expecting primeney at all.

It was a good performance, but it just idk.

I understand they were going for simplicity but oh well. 

I've watched the VMA performance a second time. The first time it was live and I was a little bit disappointed not because of Britney but because of the stage, which was so basic.

But now I realize that Britney was alone in an empty stage for a whole minute. And she slayed hard. She wasn't even stressed. It's just incredible. 

It was not envisageable at all after what happened in 2007. Come on, let's put 2011ney in an empty stage for a minute and we will see the disaster.

But now she isn't stressed and she is slaying. She doesn't need anymore 100 dancers.

She was confident on the red carpet, which was hugely amazing cause she looked flawless and had an amazing make up and an amazing dress. Fashion sites are saying that it's the best look of the night.

And between her and the rapper there was an alchimy, the collaboration makes sense now and is just entirely credible.

That's what I call a renaissance. Britney isn't afraid of live TV, of photographers, of red carpet walking, of being in a stage without her dancers, of doing **** moves.

She is ready for the super bowl. 

And the press is amazed by the performance and they liked the album. Her credibility as an artist was just inexistant after BJ but now it's back.

She likes doing her job and she's doing everything for promote the things she likes.

That's what the army wanted since 2007. And we got it. We should be grateful and show the support to Britney cause she's back from far.

I understand the ones who didn't really appreciate the performance. The problem wasn't Britney it was the stage.

It's just like if the VMA 2001 performance didn't have the jungle and the snake but just Britney and 4 dancers. 

Bravo Britney.

Now there's more to come and I think that it's just the beginning.

1 hour ago, MANON THEMOON said:

GUYSSSSS, PLEASE DONT DRAG ME BECAUSE THIS IS COMING FROM A DIE HARD BRITNEY FAN. 

HER PERFORMANCE WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS! IT LOOKED LIKE SHE WAS AUDITIONING FOR AMERICAS GOT TALENT. THE GREENISH GOLD COSTUMES WERE STRAIGHT UP UGLY, THE SET WAS BORING, THE SONG IS BORING, AND G EAZY IS AS GROSS AS THEY COME. I REALLY THINK IT WAS WORSE THAN HER INFAMOUS GIMME MORE BECAUSE AT LEAST THAT PERFORMANCE GAVE YOU DRAMA, LIFE, AND SCANDAL, THIS WAS JUST DISPICABLE. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BRITNEYYYYY I CANT TAKE THE DISSAPOINTMENT ANYMORE. HER NEW ALBUM IS PRETTY GOOD BUT NO BLACKOUT. I NEVER THOUGHT THE DAY WOULD COME WHEN I GIVE UP ON BRITNEY BECAUSE I REALLY LOVE HER AND FOUGHT FOR HER ALL THESE YEARS WHEN PEOPLE LAUGHED IN MY FACE AND SAID I WAS BASICALLY A ****** FOR LIKING HER. IM OFFICALLY BREAKING UP WITH HER, I CANT SYAND THE DISSAPOINTMENT ANYMORE. 

P.S ITS OVER BRITNEY ARMY. STOP BEING DELUSIONAL AND WISHING FOR HER TO EVEN BE 1/10TH OF WHAT SHE USE TO BE. SHE WAS GREAT AND MADE HER MARK IN THIS WORLD IN 2000 BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. R.I.P BRITNEY THE SUPERSTAR, SHE IS JUST A BORING MOM NOW WITH NOTHING TO SAY. 

:otears:

Who are you? You irrelevant ****. :sippinga:

I'm rewatching it, I really want to love the performance but I don't it was just alright, the concept for the first part was cool tho coul've been iconic if they really turned her mic on.

If the rumors that a worker forgot to turn her mic on and she was willing to sing then I guess I'm not mad at Britney, well I can't be mad at her, isn't she lovely?  :giggleney:

11 hours ago, button said:

Did you all notice how she pointed to the mic after the Me Myself & I chorus?

Any ideas on why she did that? Did she do that to signal her mic not working? Did she want to sing but they turned it off? :mhmsureny:

If that's the case then I feel very bad for her. :tiffanycries:

Turns out the sabotage is real! Wondering who slipped a few rolls to the sound engineer! :idkney:

29 minutes ago, button said:

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to this now iconic thread. :NYnod:

TBH I don't know why people are doubting this.

We know she lip syncs but it's not like she can't sing live or never has done before. She shamelessly lipped at the start, she wouldn't have had two extra mics for nothing. We were also told the plans were for a stripped down performance with live vocals. It was a deliberate 'Yes, I can sing' moment but just came off looking stupid as her mic wasn't on.

6 minutes ago, britnostalgia said:

TBH I don't know why people are doubting this.

We know she lip syncs but it's not like she can't sing live or never has done before. She shamelessly lipped at the start, she wouldn't have had two extra mics for nothing. We were also told the plans were for a stripped down performance with live vocals. It was a deliberate 'Yes, I can sing' moment but just came off looking stupid as her mic wasn't on.

I think it is entirely possible that they had  two mixes prepared (plan A and B) and MTV decided to go with plan B without telling her! What else could she do apart from carrying on, in the middle of the performance, even though she realised it's not what she expected and the Mic's not on either?

Stop and go: "Hey Y'all! *knocking on the mic* Is this thing on?!"

Now that I re-watched it again. She clearly looks peeved when she points at the Mic! FML! :girlfall:

4 minutes ago, Z-dawg said:

I think it is entirely possible that they had  two mixes prepared (plan A and B) and MTV decided to go with plan B without telling her! What else could she do apart from carrying on, in the middle of the performance, even though she realised it's not what she expected and the Mic's not on either?

Stop and go: "Hey Y'all! *knocking on the mic* Is this thing on?!"

Now that I re-watched it again. She clearly looks peeved when she points at the Mic! FML! :girlfall:

Yeah I noticed that too from the first time. I'm sure she realised how silly it looked drawing attention to a mic that wasn't even on.

1 minute ago, ToxicJAM said:

So was the mic on at the end when they give it back to her after make me comes back on??

Nah. I reckon the mix between playback and live was different on that feed, or else it had some/more autotune on it. MM would be harder for her to sing live than MM&I.

Archived