Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant

Jordan Miller

AAAAAAAAAAND this is why it's better if she just doesn't do promo at all.  Either way for her it's "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" Also Everyone complains to end Vegas...but lets be real. This is Britney now, it's not 2000, it's not 2004, stop living in the past.  She had great energy and a smile on her face and she looked good dancing.  She seemed in to and that's what matters to me.  I'd prefer this over thinking Britney just didn't care anymore which is what I thought during FF/BJ era.  And are we really still complaining about the lip synching?  She's been doing it since forever and it's not going to change.  Stop getting your hopes up and maybe you'll enjoy something once in a while.

However I will say the hype was unreal and I was sad it was only a 4 minute performance.  But what I saw I liked and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, fanman08 said:

It was definitely overhyped, even by Britney. That insta video suggested a performance on par to the big 3.

Her lipsyncing was painfully apparent...she usually hides it better. I don't think she's used to a microphone.

It was just as much about some dumb rapper as it was Britney. We got a measly four minutes. The choreo is just painful, especially seeing Rihanna get some really good stuff earlier, not to mention it followed Beyonces concert, which was VERY bad luck. 

She had great energy and looked ****. That's about it. And it does sting a little bit more because GLORY is so damn good.

:orangu:

3 minutes ago, Miss Cootie said:

beyonce didnt steal nobody's moment. everyone knew she was gonna perform. If rihanna felt theratened then she should have gone all out, same goes for Britney (but we all kno britney doesnt care). Adapt to the circumstances

They couldn't if they only had 4 mins while Beyonce had 20 :angietea:

49 minutes ago, Arnold. said:

she just went to perform.

slayed.

proved to herself that she can still slay.

ive been watching make me vevo all morning. 

her hair whips slay me to death.

her arm movements so sharp and concise.

her body is fluid.

and the intro was so beautiful. couldn't deal. 

Just now, Shadow. said:

Beyonce uses these important social issues for her own gain. It gives her the promo she wants and the recognition she wants. She doesn't actually care about these issues or she would've spoke up years ago. Plus she has lived a privileged life she has no idea what those people go through :nothavingit:

Beyonce' did speak up years ago and before that... research. In addition, you personally do not know Beyonce'. She even brought Trayvon Martin and the likes to show. You are really too pressed over her performance. Meanwhile, what are you doing towards black injustice? Are you protesting, speaking up on issues on any given platform, or anything else? You do not have to be Beyonce' to do that... you know. :ohnoney:

1 minute ago, joey4228 said:

Well if they hyped it up or not, it could've been so much better. She should've started with believable pre-recorded vocals. That alone would've made such a difference.

IA It does annoy me she uses CD vocals. The miming idc about she's done it for 18 years. But it's laziness on Britney's part for not pre-recording vocals.

I was thinking MTV tried to sabotage her too but according to an article, they placed her after Beyonce cause they were scared that Britney was gonna choke out there and flop. So in the case that this happens, Beyonce was going to take most of the attention off of her so there wouldn't be as much backlash towards Britney and the VMAs. 

Also...I think britney and her team could totally have requested for more time. But I don't think they were thinking that she was going to follow a 16 min act or maybe Britney just didn't want to do a long performance. 

1 minute ago, Brian♥Ryan said:

Beyonce' did speak up years ago and before that... research. In addition, you personally do not know Beyonce'. She even brought Trayvon Martin and the likes to show. You are really too pressed over her performance. Meanwhile, what are you doing towards black injustice? Are you protesting, speaking up on issues on any given platform, or anything else? You do not have to be Beyonce' to do that... you know. :ohnoney:

I'm not saying what she's doing is wrong but the reasoning behind it is wrong. And you don't personally know Beyonce to say she is doing this for the right reasons. And my opinion has nothing to do with her boring *** performance, I've had this opinion about her for a long time. :angietea:

Just now, Shadow. said:

I'm not saying what she's doing is wrong but the reasoning behind it is wrong. And you don't personally know Beyonce to say she is doing this for the right reasons. And my opinion has nothing to do with her boring *** performance, I've had this opinion about her for a long time. :angietea:

Well I just stated facts that she has spoke about black issues more than 2 years ago... you thought performance was boring. Millions didn't. call it a day. :angietea:

1 minute ago, Chico101 said:

I am actually stanning for this performance. I even posted it on my FB amidst the beyhive and rihanna navy on my FB feed.

It's tough out there for a Britney stan.

I agree.  It's like "uncool" to stan for Britney and I just don't get it.  Makes me sad cause I think if people knew her the way we did...they would have a change of heart.

3 minutes ago, Brian♥Ryan said:

Well I just stated facts that she has spoke about black issues more than 2 years ago... you thought performance was boring. Millions didn't. call it a day. :angietea:

Just because she said a sentence relating to political issues 2 years doesn't make her the next Martin Luther King. She's a pop act not a politician. 

4 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Just because she said a sentence relating to political issues 2 years doesn't make her the next Martin Luther King. She's a pop act not a politician. 

She has said far more than sentence. You do not have to a politician to talk about social issues. I do not know if you listen to artist outside Britney, but it's been going on for a long ******* time. :boredashell:

Just now, Miss Cootie said:

You got confused sis. I was telling u to stop being a hypocrite. U cant claim shes not doing it for the right reason then tell somebody they cant say she IS doing it for the right reasons because they dont know her personally. neither do you, so if they cannot have an opinion on the veracity of her statements, then neither can u because u dont know her personally either.

I get what you're saying I just find it difficult to believe the authenticity of her image and her views. I mean back in 2003 she was just like any other R&B singer and now all of a sudden she's a political activist come singer?? Idk I just don't buy it.

Im not dissapointed, because i have learned that there is no point to get overly exited about anything. I think the performance was good for current Britney. She should have performed, before whole beyonka show. I think everyone else would have seen her performance differently then. 

Im just sad that she always kinda loses now days. Its like she is against everyone, even her fans.  

4 hours ago, I'mAMomNow said:

I agree. I think back then, Britney was focused on competing with her peers. Now she's focused on being a part of the group with her peers. I think yesterday's performance did just that. She crushed that performance and showed everyone why she's still a force in pop culture, even if she's not the one leading it. 

Exactly. 

Archived