Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant

Jordan Miller

For the first time in years it wasn't her at all it was the production...that kind of performance works for a basic ***** like beyonce...Britney deserves better ppl are disappointed b/c they expected a spectacle idk who tf told her team that would be a good idea for her vma return after 9 ****** years she should have had a group of dancers and did something iconic instead of bite off of every jay z and beyonce performance :hype:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was nothing wrong with her performance at all.

It's the way MTV hyped up her performance, and how badly (some of) the media bashed her and compared her to Beyonce.

Britney doesn't deserve to be treated this way and it's not the first time the VMAs have discredited her.

VMAs are over. She doesn't need to perform there anymore.

There are tons of other award shows that would be HONORED to have Britney Spears. :quirkney:

8 minutes ago, derick said:

For the first time in years it wasn't her at all it was the production...that kind of performance works for a basic ***** like beyonce...Britney deserves better ppl are disappointed b/c they expected a spectacle idk who tf told her team that would be a good idea for her vma return after 9 ****** years she should have had a group of dancers and did something iconic instead of bite off of every jay z and beyonce performance :hype:

Having just 2 dancers was the worst part. Ariana even had more dancers. :boredashell:

She looked FLAWLESS, and her confidence was through the roof. The problem was there was hardly anything to the performance. MTV hyped her up SO FREAKING MUCH, but at the end of the day, the production was just disappointing. They let Beyoncè perform for 15 minutes and pretty much just screwed Britney over. I really wish the performance at the BBMAs didn't happen, and she instead did that entire performance at the VMAs, ending with Make Me. THAT would've completely slayed and could've competed with Beyoncè's "concert".

MTV overhyped it. Then team Britney didn't really come up with a showstopping performance. I really liked the beginning but it slowly went bad when g/eazy took over and Britney became a back up dancer then her lipping wasn't on point plus the cd vocals for make me. 

19 minutes ago, NewB said:

MTV overhyped it. Then team Britney didn't really come up with a showstopping performance. I really liked the beginning but it slowly went bad when g/eazy took over and Britney became a back up dancer then her lipping wasn't on point plus the cd vocals for make me. 

**** and smart, I'd hit hit tbh 

It's like night and day tbh :orangu: From the props and costume to even the camera angles... the BBMAs angles were very generous to her and made it look more epic. The VMAs looked sloppy. 

What's sad is you can tell she's giving her all at the VMAs to sell the performance (she herself was a bit better at the VMAs imo), but the production and general concept of the performance brought her down. Was it because her team had better connections with the BBMAs? Was it because the VMAs were in New York while BBMAs was just in Vegas, which made it easier to prepare? :angietea: I hope Team Britney hears the negative response to the performance and steps it up in future performances.

1 minute ago, zombie hands said:

well people are saying they originally planned an "all out" vma performance but it got scrapped along with the original album shoot/video. :drown:

That would be really sad if true though :angietea: But it makes little sense because I doubt David has any ownership of the choreography.

2 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

The VMAs were rushed IMO. They tried to pass it off as "simple" and "all about the music" but in reality it was just boring and underwhelming. There was no choreography added or anything else knew. The best part of the performance was shadow hands :embarrassney:

The BBMAs scalped me bald and I was hoping for a repeat :brityeah:

Exactly, I had so much hope for the VMAs after the BBMAs :embarrassney: Everything there was on point so I thought if they were pulling this for BBMAs, they were probably pulling for something BIGGER at the VMAs.

The shadow hands was really basic too imo like a High School talent show. If they wanted to do that kind of performance, they should've taken notes from the Bieber one at the BBMAs, which would emphasize her movements and looks more modern.

See 1:13

Archived