Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant

Jordan Miller

• Leader
Story by Aaron Butterfield

britney-spears-vmas-2016

Britney Spears slayed the VMA stage for the first time in almost a decade.

Hot off the heels of the release of her ninth studio album, Glory, Britney gave her best performance in ten years at tonight's VMAs.

It's a good week to be a Britney fan - 'Glory' is objectively some of Britney's best work, and she just gave a performance which can only be described as a career highlight on the stage which was the backdrop to one of her lowest moments, nine years ago.

Confident, engaged, charismatic, Britney performed a medley of "Make Me" and G-Eazy track "Me, Myself and I" with G-Eazy himself, showing enormous natural chemistry between the pair. Featuring shadow puppets, insane choreography and a genuine sense of fun, there was no way you could watch that performance and not feel that Britney was finally back. G-Eazy also gave a good showing, and although many will undoubtedly criticize the performance for being largely lipsynced, you couldn't take your eyes off the superstar and it is safe to say, with absolutely no doubt, that...

Britney's back. Watch out.

Leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No complaints about the red carpet hair any of that **** she needs to feel all the confidence in the world b/c she will be nervous let's not ADD pressure to her. Let's bombard her with LOVE u guys.  :hype:

Britney we are all rooting for u honey and all those haters that wrote u off are now slowly but surely coming back. U slay that performance for YOURSELF **** the nerves b/c u were born to do this. We love u FIRST and above all the petty **** that some fans complain about...lets behave ourselves today  b/c this is the time Britney needs our support more than anything...2007 ruined her on stage confidence...she's finally got the confidence to face that for herself this is bigger than promo u guys...prayer circle :tiffsniffle::hype:

and "fans" watch the performance looking for reasons to love not to mf critique that's her haters job. All those other stanbases will be stanning their faves basic **** and hating on every other performer so **** them...EXPECT lip synch comments even if she sings. EXPECT she should have lipped comments if she does sing. expect "stiffney" comments. Expect "she looks like she don't want to be there" comments even if she literally smiles during the whole thing and ends saying "I'm so happy to be here" point is let haters hate they have the same dated *** critiques from 07 and 2011 and let us fans be FANS...Britney is a threat to all of their faves...they hated on carpool yet all the media is getting their lives...Britney has had to deal with the insecurities of ugly ******* and the insecurities of other ******* stans b/c despite how successful their faves may be it doesn't come CLOSE to Britney so let them SEETHE...

vma 2000 ******** **** complaints by pressed extine,avril, pink fans

vma 2001 **** around neck complaints 

vma 2003 lesbian controversy  

2016 they are pressed over the announcement so be ready to drag those hoes sistrens:hype:

the good is ALWAYS the lasting memory if Britney gets rave reviews we need to flood them with positivity and out weigh beyonka, Ariel, and Selena pressed fan comments 

5 minutes ago, joey4228 said:

She is going to slay us all, I can feel it. This is the most excited I've been since the BBMA performance but like 3 times as much....................:cooltshirt:

Exactly, because it's VMAs and that means 10 times bigger :bop:

My every-day life is streaming Glory tbh :overwhelm:

I just drink water and study for my exams at some points :mj:

Nothing else :madance:

Imagine the effect of the VMAs performance :cigney:

I'm so proud of her and always am! Listen, 2008 seeing her on that gurney with her two boys going through it also.... It's something I've experienced as in seeing my mother lose herself when I was just 9 years old and is still ill today. Britney's gotten herself back out there in front of the fawking world and is doing it!! My respect for this woman will NEVER dampen!!!!!

Plus she just released a spectacular ******* album so I'm going to be like this no matter what on Sunday.

Q1dauIx.gif

Archived