Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant

Jordan Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She just had to sing live during MM&I or the last half and she would've upstaged Beyonce for sure. But team Britney just let her lipsynch while holding a mic, like people wouldn't be able to tell. :boredashell: That irked me a lil but w/e, moving on. Btw, Beyonce definitely sang live and so did Rihanna so of course people noticed.

31 minutes ago, Kiki4Evr1996 said:

Apart from Brit performing after her, what was the cause of her overshadowing?

I didn't watch Beyonce's performance, simply because I have zero interest in doing so. I'm not a hater, just not a fan.

Anyway, was it because she was singing live and Britney wasn't? Was it because she performed like 4-5 songs, giving her a much larger stage time and opportunity to shine brighter than Brit? If she only performed one song, would it still hurt Britney's performance? What was it? Anyone care to fill me in? Why is everyone saying that it so cruel for Britney to perform after her?

because Beyonka did a whole concert but Brit still overshadowed her just in these few seconds when she did this: 19qdnl.gif

I thought Brit did great for what she was given. I mean, we can't really expect some hardcore dancing on a mid-tempo song like Make Me; it'd just be weird.

I'll say that the production was a little dull, but what won me over is the fact that she seemed comfortable again, she was feisty, had attitude, fierceness, confidence, she no longer seemed nervous, etc. And her dancing was on point with the limited choreography that a slow song like MAKe Me had to offer.

Overall, a fine performance.

Beyonce had incredible production and many dancers, costumes... it was like in theatre or something ... many things going on,visuals, fire, lighting, many songs, it was powerful thats why it should have been the ending of vmas... 

after this big overrated show our girl came.... --- her performance was amazing but everybody was in shock after beyonce so it seemed less as it was - britney´s performance...it could be great as openinc act... **** MTV

I'm not gonna lie, when they said Britney was up next after Beyonce's performance I was like "OH ****" and got worried. However, I think Britney delivered! I was so happy with her performance! I wasn't expecting a huge spectacle, just a simply re-introduction/redemption for 2007 & that's what we got.

I loved the silhouettes in the beginning (totally called that Britney would open her set this way, btw, although I said she would be singing Private Show) loved the hands. I thought it made for a beautiful affect. I also thought it was very brave & a bold statement for her to start completely alone. Her movements were sharp and sensual, her interactions with GEazy were great ( when she grabbed his crotch i was like :gaspney:) and the remix was tight. Her vocals on MM&I were AMAZING! Seriously, she sounded great. All in all I think she did what she came to do. Show the world that shes back, shes not afraid to stand on her own two feet & that shes sexier than ever. Her body was banging!

My family aren't Britney fans at all, HUGE Beyonce fans, and they even gave Britney credit. They said it was brave of her to go after Beyonce. Although they criticed the lip syncing, most thought the bare set up was beautiful and that she looked and danced great! My mom said "wow shes come a long way." The only thing that would have made it better would have been live/pre-recorded vocals. Its a different time now & people aren't going to let Britney's lip syncing slide like they used to. Britney & her team need to either sing live or get some good/convincing pre-records. 

Let me just start by saying that I liked the performance the first time I saw it, and it continues to grow on me.

The GP's issue with the performance was MTV and Britney's team; it is not Beyonce's fault whatsoever that she put on a HUGE spectacle (to be honest, I liked her 2014 performance much more). 

So why is MTV and her team's fault? She was the first performer announced, and MTV utilised her star power and her return to the stage as one of the key, if not the most key, advertising points. The GP was desperate to see Britney, in all her glory, conquering the stage.

The hype was REAL. The video they produced generated immense social and traditional media coverage. It covered all of Britney's most iconic moments of the VMA stage, and it made everyone thirsty for another Britney spectacular.

MTV set the hype, and Britney's team failed to deliver three things that are quintessentially Britney: there was no big dance number, there was no iconic WOW moment and most importantly, they didn't even make Britney the star of her OWN return to the stage (she shared it with some B-grade rapper, who I actually like, but is not fit to grace the VMA stage with Britney).

In many respects, the Billboard and VMA performance (and even red carpet dress) should have been switched around. For god's sake, she danced her *** off, slayed I'm a Slave 4 U, did a backflip and even rode a guitar!!! Her team definitely mixed up the mood, sense and importance of both events.

P.S - my sister, who is a huge Beyonce fan, said that Britney rocked it, hit the moves and looked fresh as hell. She said she was the only person who still has the power to excite people to the same degree as Yonce. 

Now sip my hot, steamin Venus tea Exhale :bootyney:

I wasn't ready! Slay me, Britney! Beyonce ain't got nothing on you! You're a class! Simple, eye-catching and classy performance! Energy was on point! I wasn't expecting it to be this good! Wasn't something unseen (like someone has told .. lied, huh) but was good for her. As fans we know the true value of this performance!

Now it's important for her team to keep her on track with promotions, performances ... even if they're not releasing a new material, she has to participate in media - interviews on TV, etc. ...

2 minutes ago, Alex Sky Preston said:

I wasn't ready! Slay me, Britney! Beyonce ain't got nothing on you! You're a class! Simple, eye-catching and classy performance! Energy was on point! I wasn't expecting it to be this good! Wasn't something unseen (like someone has told .. lied, huh) but was good for her. As fans we know the true value of this performance!

Now it's important for her team to keep her on track with promotions, performances ... even if they're not releasing a new material, she has to participate in media - interviews on TV, etc. ...

How positive <3 I love it

I don't find anything to be negative about.

After her progress in losing weight! After her better album than BJ! After realising that she can dance better if she has a good choreographer! She does what she's told, so ... she definitely can do a lot of things! She has her problem but with that being her reality, she does very well for her mental state!

On 31.08.2016 г. at 1:40 PM, makeme16 said:

P.S - my sister, who is a huge Beyonce fan, said that Britney rocked it, hit the moves and looked fresh as hell. She said she was the only person who still has the power to excite people to the same degree as Yonce.

Yeah, Britney is a big deal! :bwink:

Mostly her sellls holds the attention, she is known to everyone, she has never been anything other than an A-lister.

Plus, there's something special about her ... even in her bad years of a performer (2011-2013), people haven't lost so much interest of her!

Archived