Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant

Jordan Miller

Just now, Brian♥Ryan said:

You do not have to a politician to talk about social issues. I do not know if you listen to artist outside Britney, but it's been going on for a long ******* time. :boredashell:

I do listen to alot of artists (even some Beyonce her old music though) But I am old fashioned and think pop stars shouldn't influence others opinions. Pop stars should pop stars and politicians should be politicians.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shadow. said:

I do listen to alot of artists (even some Beyonce her old music though) But I am old fashioned and think pop stars shouldn't influence others opinions. Pop stars should pop stars and politicians should be politicians.

A lot of pop stars have talked about social issues for a very long time.

I ******* hate MTV for doing this to her. Yeah it wasn't epic "slave4u" phenomenon but it was good. She could've performed before and it would've been a good start to get the audience pumped because after that ***** Bleachonce took over the damn show, no one else could've topped it. I despise her for that 

Guest StrawberryKisses

That is so HUMBLE! Dare I say he upstaged her (not on purpose... he can upstage me though :lustney:)

Seriously, no one is pointing this out! That, to me, sold the performance. She was willing to put someone else over for his first VMA performance. Everyone's saying that it's not iconic enough, but seeing a tall handsome rapper taking it away with Britney in a hoodie singing along is ICONIC! You're just comparing **** to Beyonce and that's skewing your view.

WHEN WILL BEYONCE DO THAT? :wannadie:

Britney could've taken the stage all to herself (like Bey), but she chose to be a great artist and venture out into covering one of (his?) songs. That shows MORE growth than Beyonce doing what she does at concerts. You give flak for Britney recyling the POM choreography, but Bey is literally rehashing what she always does.

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2016/08/britney-spears-g-eazy-perform-2016-mtv-vmas.jpg

SIT BACK AND APPRECIATE THIS!

5 minutes ago, Miss Cootie said:

^^^^^

If u have a platform u should use it for good purposes. This pop stars should be pop stars **** is ridiculous. If everyone just kept their mouth shut black people would still be being lynched left and right. Politicians are not gonna fight for black people. Beyonce has a paltform and uses it well, and I commend her. Whether it is sincere or not, she IS making a difference and thats what matters

OK I will admit I've never really gave this point much thought and I see what you're saying, but as I've said before I don't think what Beyonce is actually DOING anything wrong its just her reasoning behind it which ofc I don't actually know if that's true or not. I guess I don't mind popstars, actors or whatever speaking up on social issues that relate to them but stuff that they don't really have much business in I personally don't think they should voice their opinion publicly.

I'm glad we've spoke about this because I've heard another opinion and it's actually opened my eyes :mhm: 

Britney chose to perform one song (make me) she was able to do a Glory medley if she wanted to or any other extra songs to Make Me but she didn't, it was by her own decision.

I loved the performance but to be honest i expected more, she just dropped an amazing album!! and its the time to promote Glory! why she didn't even add more songs to the show such as Love Me down or Slumber Party or any other clubby songs!!

Beyonce is not better then her! right? Beyonce chose to do Lemonade because she wanted to!

I don't think MTV put conditions. They expected an iconic performance from her and that's why they made a big hype before the VMA. Plus it wasn't a new thing from Britney to do an ordinary performance (("after 2007")) so stop blaming MTV and don't expect more for the next events.

It's just sad coz even "bad" singers like Jennifer Lopez and Taylor Swift sing live. Yeah, the lip-synching might be fine for the Britney fanbase, but the general public will always think of her as a joke and not a real artist if she continues to lip-synch. The Britney fanbase isn't as large as it used to be, as proved by the lackluster sales. To get the general public to support her, she'll need to grow as an artist and that includes singing live.

I don't think the performance was bad at all, so many positives I can focus on. 

What I didn't like is her not performing the whole song.  I think it took away a lot from the song.   it sounded great, that why I want her to get back out there perform the whole thing and keep it simple.

Everyone complaines about longevity,. She has a great song that needs some promotion, another performance  within the next two weeks  to redeem herself  and the song. 

1 hour ago, Miss Cootie said:

^^^^^

If u have a platform u should use it for good purposes. This pop stars should be pop stars **** is ridiculous. If everyone just kept their mouth shut black people would still be being lynched left and right. Politicians are not gonna fight for black people. Beyonce has a paltform and uses it well, and I commend her. Whether it is sincere or not, she IS making a difference and thats what matters

Sorry, but I don't agree.  If you're not going to actually believe in what you're preaching you're just a money hungry attention seeking dope who's no better then the politicians who rob us everyday

I mean, the production was **** and the white lights didn't do her any favor and obviously they should've gone with pre-recorded vocals but they're always too lazy and put the cd version on. But for what's worth Britney was really sharp on her movements and with a lot of energy. :bootyney:

1 hour ago, Miss Cootie said:

^^^^^

I agreed 100%. Beyonce is political and I think she does a good job representing several issues that wouldn't be as public otherwise.

Still, I don't think pop stars should be EXPECTED to have a message to be taken seriously. Like it's not in the job description. Britney shouldn't be shamed and called unempowered because she decides to keep her music fluffy. 

2 hours ago, Shadow. said:

I know the GP/Reviewers have been slating her but a lot of fans have been saying how they enjoyed the performance (albeit not on par with her old VMA performances).

But I feel like the fanbase has came from such a high (Glory) to such a low (VMA). Now I'm not a delusional fan and I will blame Britney/her team when required but honestly this time around I blame MTV.

I feel like they deliberately placed Britney after Beyonce's long *** performance (which was SO unnecessary), which has made everyone feel a bit underwhelmed?

Personally I enjoyed the performance but knowing how long Beyonce's was makes me think MTV ONCE A ******* AGAIN used her as ratings bait :nothavingit: I'm just glad I didn't watch the show or Beyonce's performance before Britney's :mhm:

Not true... The performance was great and she owned that stage all by herself without the need of a posse of dancers, or any props or gimmicks. I had been waiting so long for a performance like that from Britney and she killed it.

GUYSSSSS, PLEASE DONT DRAG ME BECAUSE THIS IS COMING FROM A DIE HARD BRITNEY FAN. 

HER PERFORMANCE WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS! IT LOOKED LIKE SHE WAS AUDITIONING FOR AMERICAS GOT TALENT. THE GREENISH GOLD COSTUMES WERE STRAIGHT UP UGLY, THE SET WAS BORING, THE SONG IS BORING, AND G EAZY IS AS GROSS AS THEY COME. I REALLY THINK IT WAS WORSE THAN HER INFAMOUS GIMME MORE BECAUSE AT LEAST THAT PERFORMANCE GAVE YOU DRAMA, LIFE, AND SCANDAL, THIS WAS JUST DISPICABLE. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BRITNEYYYYY I CANT TAKE THE DISSAPOINTMENT ANYMORE. HER NEW ALBUM IS PRETTY GOOD BUT NO BLACKOUT. I NEVER THOUGHT THE DAY WOULD COME WHEN I GIVE UP ON BRITNEY BECAUSE I REALLY LOVE HER AND FOUGHT FOR HER ALL THESE YEARS WHEN PEOPLE LAUGHED IN MY FACE AND SAID I WAS BASICALLY A ****** FOR LIKING HER. IM OFFICALLY BREAKING UP WITH HER, I CANT SYAND THE DISSAPOINTMENT ANYMORE. 

P.S ITS OVER BRITNEY ARMY. STOP BEING DELUSIONAL AND WISHING FOR HER TO EVEN BE 1/10TH OF WHAT SHE USE TO BE. SHE WAS GREAT AND MADE HER MARK IN THIS WORLD IN 2000 BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. R.I.P BRITNEY THE SUPERSTAR, SHE IS JUST A BORING MOM NOW WITH NOTHING TO SAY. 

:otears:

Archived