Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant

Jordan Miller

It's true. I'm glad ppl are calling out mtv for this - cause saying "beyonce stole the show" it's like....it's easy to steal the show when you have a 16 minute performance slot.

I mean, I'm sure Beyonce mightve even broached the idea to do that, who knows, but for the love of god have a performance that long close the show. It might still have overshadowed Britney and Rihanna but it was just so long to have in the middle, and also aggressive to have the biggest hyped performances be on back-to-back. Regardless of who went first it was just weird scheduling when they usually do the 2 biggest acts of the night opening and closing.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

The last few weeks:

75% of Exhale "I'm worried she'll use the crappy POM choreo for Make Me."

25% of Exhale "She won't. She's doing different/better choreography." 

She did use the crappy choreo. She did it BETTER than in Vegas, but crappy choreo is still crappy. And it looks jerky and awkward and disjointed not smooth at all. Why didn't Britney do better choreo? 

And I would actually be FINE with the lame choreo if she'd sung live on the second half of the performance. 

It was a 4 minute performance so it's not like the BBMAs when it was ok to have some skipping and stiffness because the EPIC moments made up for that. What were the epic moments of the VMAs performance? Some great hair flips. Great. But even FFney had epic hair flips. 

Yet another wasted opportunity. But whatever :sickofu:

IA she should be pre recording her vocals and she should've sung Me, Myself and I live. Honestly it's just laziness on Britney's part there. But I guess since she has been doing that since she was 17 not much is gonna change is it? :sickofu:

Just now, Shadow. said:

I completely agree about her image. But lbr Britney isn't exactly style conscious (although I love her red carpet look/audience look she just needs to translate that onto the stage) I honestly can't wait until Vegas ends :eeek:

Well she has a stylist for special events, I think she needs a new one that's more current tbh. She needs to get with the times in terms of her stage outfits, Vegas showgirl is such a tired, outdated look now :idkney:

Just now, BratzBitch said:

Well she has a stylist for special events, I think she needs a new one that's more current tbh. She needs to get with the times in terms of her stage outfits, Vegas showgirl is such a tired, outdated look now :idkney:

***** is worth millions but she won't invest in her professional career :orangu: Oh well at least the album was good and the promo is decent

It was definitely overhyped, even by Britney. That insta video suggested a performance on par to the big 3.

Her lipsyncing was painfully apparent...she usually hides it better. I don't think she's used to a microphone.

It was just as much about some dumb rapper as it was Britney. We got a measly four minutes. The choreo is just painful, especially seeing Rihanna get some really good stuff earlier, not to mention it followed Beyonces concert, which was VERY bad luck. 

She had great energy and looked ****. That's about it. And it does sting a little bit more because GLORY is so damn good.

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

IA she should be pre recording her vocals and she should've sung Me, Myself and I live. Honestly it's just laziness on Britney's part there. But I guess since she has been doing that since she was 17 not much is gonna change is it? :sickofu:

Given that Make Me only hit #17 in the US maybe she figured "Hardly anyone's heard my vocals on Make Me anyways so they'll think it's live..." :gloria: 

Just now, Shadow. said:

***** is worth millions but she won't invest in her professional career :orangu: Oh well at least the album was good and the promo is decent

Yeah but the visuals are also very important, like she needs both a stylist and a creative director, her videos have been a mess 3 times in a row :idkney:

2 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Given that Make Me only hit #17 in the US maybe she figured "Hardly anyone's heard my vocals on Make Me anyways so they'll think it's live..." :gloria: 

I could believe she would think this, she is really out of touch with the industry nowadays :orangu:

2 minutes ago, BratzBitch said:

Yeah but the visuals are also very important, like she needs both a stylist and a creative director, her videos have been a mess 3 times in a row :idkney:

I know, if I was her stylist I would burn every single leotard and get rid of every single cheap hair extension :orangu:

1 minute ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

It was good, but I wasn't impressed at all, so yes I agree.

Anyway, shitty choreo is still shitty no matter how good Britney does it.

That is true tbh, I hate the choreo :nothavingit: At least her energy was on fire :mhm:

1 minute ago, Brian♥Ryan said:

Oh Beyonce' was too good for you to like Britney afterwards.... the ****? lol

Anyway, Britney and Bey slayed. I'm still on a high. You guys can keep making 100s of threads like this until your fingers hurt.

Uhm no Britney had 4 mins and Beyonce had what 20? There's the difference :nothavingit:

7 hours ago, Girl On The Moon said:

The GP have always hated her. People at my job are saying horrible things about her, I am about to cry honestly. I hate the general public. They treat Britney like if she was notging more than a punching toy. They just hate because it's cool to hate her. I am so mad and sad right now.

I meet people at college like that too. Some still think she's 'crazy', others think of her as 'irrelevant' and a 'talentless idiot'. Others laugh at me when I say I'm a fan. They really get on my nerves. Their own music tastes probably aren't all that good. I think one of them was into heavy metal, which to me is not music, just loud noise and sweaty men shouting into microphones. Some of the others are into whiny boys with guitars bands. However there are fans in the place too and some of my closest friends are fans. Even my favourite lecturer is a Britney fan and has a copy of GH:MP. She doesn't listen to her music all the time but she does like her and probably supports her. I don't know if she knows about Glory. 

Archived