Is Taylor Swift's 'πšƒπ™·π™΄ πšƒπ™Ύπšπšƒπš„πšπ™΄π™³ π™Ώπ™Ύπ™΄πšƒπš‚ π™³π™΄π™Ώπ™°πšπšƒπ™Όπ™΄π™½πšƒ' a good album?

42 minutes ago, jordeezy river red said:

I think it fits her journal style of writing. Taylor isn't a hook girl, she is a socialite diary kind of girl. It's her shtick. Taylor is like a modern-day romance novelist.Β 

SHE ISN'T A HOOK GIRL????????

Β 

Our Song, Should've Said No, Picture to Burn,

Fearless, Mean, Sparks Fly, Back to December,Β 

22, I knew You were trouble, I Almost Do, We are never getting back together,

Begin again, ALL OF 1989 & REPUTATION,

Β 

Β 

I don't even have the energy and time to list the rest. Β She's a hook girl.

18 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

I think this album will do well

For all the wrong reasonsΒ 

This album is way too long.

I'm sure it's a clever marketing reason for this to get her to the top of the charts for even longer and to break other records, which I can't even think of yet, but I'm sure she has already thought of really carefully.Β 

Because any normal person will just release half the tracks and then wait another few months and release the other half.Β 

Β 

The fact she didn't do that says to me she already has something planned And it probably has to do with breaking some sort of a record so that she can act shocked like she had no idea it was going to be broken by herΒ 

Β 

:firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, allthat88 said:

SHE ISN'T A HOOK GIRL????????

Β 

Our Song, Should've Said No, Picture to Burn,

Fearless, Mean, Sparks Fly, Back to December,Β 

22, I knew You were trouble, I Almost Do, We are never getting back together,

Begin again, ALL OF 1989 & REPUTATION,

Β 

Β 

I don't even have the energy and time to list the rest. Β She's a hook girl.

What they meant is this album is boringΒ 

• Haha 2

Finally finished this. And eh... you guys know how much I love Taylor. But I won't lie in that this almost felt like a CHORE to get through, 31 songs and this album felt bloated af. The Anthology songs almost felt like a different album to me and I think should have been released separately later this year (a bit similar to the Folklore/Evermore rollout in 2020). There's some great songs on this, some that I think will grow on me, and I do think this is an album Taylor needed to get out of her system following her breakup from Joe, but eh... I'm not super into it right now. Hopefully I'll come to love it but I do think TTPD/The Anthology should have been separate albums. Oh and some of the Jack songs sound like Midnights outtakes. I get she's not gonna stop working with Jack as they're close friends but either he needs to switch his sound up or maybe she needs to visit some new producers.Β 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

It is not even artsy, it is artsy in a way a teenage girl put glitter on a notebook and call it an art

The lyrics are sometimes very juvenile for 35 year old woman and the use of embellishments on words many times doesnt sounds natural.

Musically it is nice, yeah its kinda the same but it is not bad at all, melodies are there, I feel like she should team up with different songwriters and producers, cause even the bests in best sometimes get to the point they need new life into their material because it sounds the same or doesnt progress as it should.

I dont mean it in a bad way, before some super fans come at me haha, for those I would just say, read my post one more time and slowly and you will see I actually complimented her in some ways, however if she was 10-15 years younger and less skilled I would understand the point of view of many her songs, being 35 you should be more mature of how you describe things

To me I don’t want anything profound at the moment. I want fun. This is too sentimental. 31 songs who hurt you.Β 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, stronger1992 said:

Lyrically yes, sonically…no. It’s 30 songs of very slow, gloomy vibes. The songs are more like stories, not much singing. If you’re expecting pop bops this isn’t the album.Β 

Lyrically this Γ‘lbum is patheticΒ 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Naes614 said:

The fortnight song actually has grown on me..at first I was not a fan. Maybe this record takes a few listensΒ 

Yes Fortnight and Florida. This song suits Post’s vocal perfectly. I think they chose this as the first single for a reason. It’s definitely the strongest track on the album. It’s very Midnights while the rest of the album sounds more like Evermore. It’s kind of deceiving.Β 

• Like 1

It's not a bad album. There's that.
The thing that irk me is that we know she can bring great but she usually settle for good.
And the lyrics had became "personal for the sake of personal."Β 
Like she's intentionally revealing info for the curious. A lyrical-flasherΒ if you may.

• Super Mods

I just listened to the whole album and I really like it.

Its the first album since 1989 in which I enjoyed all the songs.

(which is crazy to me cause they are a decade apart)

My faves are:

I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

Imgonnagetyouback

Tortured Poets Department

Guilty As Sin

So High School

• Like 2
5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I just listened to the whole album and I really like it.

Its the first album since 1989 in which I enjoyed all the songs.

(which is crazy to me cause they are a decade apart)

My faves are:

I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

Imgonnagetyouback

Tortured Poets Department

Guilty As Sin

So High School

Β 

omg nnnnnnnnnnnnnn

give urself a wp girl :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Haha 2

i have a problem with the Β¨tortured poet Β¨ concept in this album.Who's the tortured poet here? Taylor?.There is no trace of tortured life in her...she is far from being Lord Byron for example .

i love it. it's better than i excepted. it's peak Taylor swift song writing and story telling. her and jack ovi work really well together. it's the mature, folklore type album everyone thought midnights would be. it's breaking every record. cowboy carter is now the cow in twister. just rubble floating in the wind.

cow tornado GIF

Β 

but I image a lot of ppl on this site will not like it. that's not surprising what-so-ever.Β 

Edited by kevin.
  • Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block