Is Taylor Swift's 'πšƒπ™·π™΄ πšƒπ™Ύπšπšƒπš„πšπ™΄π™³ π™Ώπ™Ύπ™΄πšƒπš‚ π™³π™΄π™Ώπ™°πšπšƒπ™Όπ™΄π™½πšƒ' a good album?

I hope My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys or I Can Do It With a Broken Heart is the next single.

The Anthology feels like the spiritual successor to Folklore and Evermore. It really should have been a separate album though.

On 4/19/2024 at 1:06 PM, Jup1ter said:

i'm not sure, I mean, folklore, evermore, midnights, she describes personal things but we could relate to A LOT of it specially midnights, this one it's too personal, she chose some specific lyrics and storytelling that is TOO personal, so i listened the side A and couldn't relate much to the songs? she failed in that department

+ i really like jack antonoff but he's magic with taylor is quite annoying now, aaron dessner looks better now.Β 

I can't wait for the visuals tho cause it seems SO GOOD.

but really, it's not really a bad album like it seems to be she's just so overexposed now.

billie eilish is gonna shine this year cause she's showing versatility in this new album and i just can't wait. and charli xcx is the summer album!

Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Kesha, Madonna and Normani have albums this year too πŸ’™

Yes it is. Β However, I have to say, as beautiful and lyrically charged as her songs are…as a fan since her debut…I’m ready for a high-octane album with some bangers. Β Midnights was even still relatively mid-tempo. Β I guess if she prefers making softer music that’s her choice, but I’m over the slow jams.

Β 

Bored Kristen Wiig GIF

It feels like a rich and privileged depressed, wannabe lyricist attempting to mimic the styles of Ellie Goulding and Lana Del Rey.

I remember when she suddenly received an award at the EMAs 2013 for Best Newcomer, even though nobody knew or cared about her in Europe. industry plantsΒ 
Β 

Β 

I like Taylor and I've listened to the whole double album this weekned and it's been torture.

What a snoozfest. The Taylor Swift + Jack Antonoff combo is one of the worst things that ever happened to music, besides KuntcΓ©

Please Taylor, retire or work with Max Martin again, but stop working with that man

Listening to the entire thing in one sitting is like treading through mud. In small bites, I’ve discovered some gems. Fortnight, I Can Do it With a Broken Heart (should be a single), Florida!!!, The Smallest Man, The Alchemy, So High School (which feels so 90s, big fan), thanK you aIMee.Β 

Edited by LatLiMa12
  • Like 1

Because of all the love and popularity of Taylor, I am trying hard to get into her, she does write well, work hard (which is inspirational), and smart, but I just can't, I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but so far I did feel the 'torture', the sadness, the lyrical emotions on her album but it is just not my thing. How I wish I could have been her fan too and get into her hype but I just couldn't. I feel I am getting sick if I listen to her a lot. As they say, not all size fits all.Β  No hate here, some songs are good, maybe there is just something wrong with me but I just could not really get into her music. I really wish I could have and it must have been an amazing experience to be her fan.

• Love 1
On 4/21/2024 at 10:36 PM, Alvee said:

Because of all the love and popularity of Taylor, I am trying hard to get into her, she does write well, work hard (which is inspirational), and smart, but I just can't, I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but so far I did feel the 'torture', the sadness, the lyrical emotions on her album but it is just not my thing. How I wish I could have been her fan too and get into her hype but I just couldn't. I feel I am getting sick if I listen to her a lot. As they say, not all size fits all.Β  No hate here, some songs are good, maybe there is just something wrong with me but I just could not really get into her music. I really wish I could have and it must have been an amazing experience to be her fan.

Taylor is like LeonardoDiCaprio. People watch his movies for him, they don't care about the plot. They'll do it for him. Same with her music. It's not what's important, what matters to the swifties is her personal life, which is obviously pure bull****. In other words, she oozes falsehood. She can't help it. Her success is simply to focus her songs on the swifties and not on the general public, who don't care a bit about her personal life. Because who really cares who she ****ed for a couple of weeks. But the swifties do and they ********* in their pants when they find little references in the "songs".

Β 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

She completely stopped evolving musically. This album sounds identical to folklore and evermore. Same melodies, similar lyrics, similar beat, similar style and energy. It's gotten very very boring.

To me (And i genuinely mean absolutely no hate) she is a very mediocre artist. Warmluke vocals with warmluke performances and a personality I somehow fail to connect to because I feel that it's not her true self but a carefully crafted persona.Β 

But thats just my opinion at the end of the day. Homegurl has obviously got something good about her otherwise people wouldnt love her this much :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

5 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

She completely stopped evolving musically. This album sounds identical to folklore and evermore. Same melodies, similar lyrics, similar beat, similar style and energy. It's gotten very very boring.

To me (And i genuinely mean absolutely no hate) she is a very mediocre artist. Warmluke vocals with warmluke performances and a personality I somehow fail to connect to because I feel that it's not her true self but a carefully crafted persona.Β 

But thats just my opinion at the end of the day. Homegurl has obviously got something good about her otherwise people wouldnt love her this much :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

She's literally created for surbanan people and it's proven white surbanan are her biggest fanbase.

Mom praised her for being a safe space for girls. Dad's basically Said she's one of the biggest reasons why men feel unsafe to be themselves.Β 

Β 

So hopefully your daughter doesn't date

Β 

Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block