Is Taylor Swift's 'πšƒπ™·π™΄ πšƒπ™Ύπšπšƒπš„πšπ™΄π™³ π™Ώπ™Ύπ™΄πšƒπš‚ π™³π™΄π™Ώπ™°πšπšƒπ™Όπ™΄π™½πšƒ' a good album?

Loving Fortnight such a classic Taylor vocal and a very chill record.Β 

I think this album will do well and perfect release timing in the Spring to let it sail through summer into awards season.Β 

Excited Lets Go GIF by 2023 MTV Video Music Awards

Β 

The Tortured Poets Department I LOVE LOVE LOVE

Edited by DiamondCircus
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

I’m currently listening to it rn I think I’m on track 5. It’s good, but she’s really starting to sound stale. She needs to branch off and find new people to work with instead of always relying on Jack Antonoff to produce her stuff all the time because he can only do so much until it all just starts blending together. I mean it almost style wise reminds me of Midnights. I’m not bashing her or the album, but she REALLY needs to branch out and work with new people instead of playing it safe with Jack.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

I’m currently listening to it rn I think I’m on track 5. It’s good, but she’s really starting to sound stale. She needs to branch off and find new people to work with instead of always relying on Jack Antonoff to produce her stuff all the time because he can only do so much until it all just starts blending together. I mean it almost style wise reminds me of Midnights. I’m not bashing her or the album, but she REALLY needs to branch out and work with new people instead of playing it safe with Jack.

Like take Britney for example. She branched off from Max Martin and started working with The Neptunes, then Bloodshy & Avant, then Danja, then Dr. Luke, then (sadly) will.i.am, and when she did Glory it was with a bunch of people she either never worked with before or she only did a couple songs with previously. If you can go and work with different people and still make it sound good, then that to me is an artist. Taylor just needs to branch out to different producers for something fresh, otherwise it’s going to ruin her artistry imo.

Like imagine if Britney only worked with will.i.am or Danja. It would start to sound really stale and she’d get ripped apart by critics.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 4
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Like take Britney for example. She branched off from Max Martin and started working with The Neptunes, then Bloodshy & Avant, then Danja, then Dr. Luke, then (sadly) will.i.am, and when she did Glory it was with a bunch of people she either never worked with before or she only did a couple songs with previously. If you can go and work with different people and still make it sound good, then that to me is an artist. Taylor just needs to branch out to different producers for something fresh, otherwise it’s going to ruin her artistry imo.

Haha right, except would we complain if Britney came out with several songs like Oops and Baby lmao πŸ˜… Taylor needs it. Not Britney. πŸ˜‡

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Haha right, except would we complain if Britney came out with several songs like Oops and Baby lmao πŸ˜… Taylor needs it. Not Britney. πŸ˜‡

Exactly, rn the vocal style of this album sounds just like the last 3, and instrumentally it sounds similar to Midnights. Like I’m trying to not bash this new album because I do like it, but it’s just all starting to sound the same. There needs to be a drastic shift in the sounds and styles.

1 hour ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Exactly, rn the vocal style of this album sounds just like the last 3, and instrumentally it sounds similar to Midnights. Like I’m trying to not bash this new album because I do like it, but it’s just all starting to sound the same. There needs to be a drastic shift in the sounds and styles.

Not to be silly, but surely this and midnights IS the drastic shift in sound after releasing Folklore, Evermore and then revisiting her unowned work? I meant, at this point, she has country, folk, blues, synth pop, electropop, rock, jazz inspired, songs across all her albums. What sound could she do that wouldn't be in line with a similar album sound?

2 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Is it me or have her last five albums and era's all been very much alike ? Like it's all just the same type of music and any of the songs could have been on any of the albums ?Β 

Like good for her fans that they get so much material but as an outsider it's kinda boring.Β 

Β 

As an outsider, I agree and it could be because she can't dance, so she doesn't want to have any more upbeat songsΒ :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 4
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Zach F said:

As an outsider, I agree and it could be because she can't dance, so she doesn't want to have any more upbeat songsΒ :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

She doesn’t need to dance. I want bops like Blank Space. I want out of touch white girl boss bops lolΒ 

• Haha 2

It's just another album where if you don't know her entire life lore and relationship history, you're probably falling asleep.

Sonically boring *** songs with tired, copy and paste production and chord progressions. Lots of cringy and corny lyrics, nothing really new on that front.

BeyoncΓ© and Ariana ate her up. This is a snooze fest, but I'm sure her fans will eat this up.

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block