Is Taylor Swift's 'πšƒπ™·π™΄ πšƒπ™Ύπšπšƒπš„πšπ™΄π™³ π™Ώπ™Ύπ™΄πšƒπš‚ π™³π™΄π™Ώπ™°πšπšƒπ™Όπ™΄π™½πšƒ' a good album?

11 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

I’m currently listening to it rn I think I’m on track 5. It’s good, but she’s really starting to sound stale. She needs to branch off and find new people to work with instead of always relying on Jack Antonoff to produce her stuff all the time because he can only do so much until it all just starts blending together. I mean it almost style wise reminds me of Midnights. I’m not bashing her or the album, but she REALLY needs to branch out and work with new people instead of playing it safe with Jack.

She pretty much uses him cos he charges less. reoublic records main job is to promote and distribute the albumΒ 

Β 

Since taylor swift owns her masters and is actually the copyright holders.Β 

Β 

She has to pay the studio, the producers,Β  and photo shoots sets.

Β We saw what happened when jlo spent 20 Million of her own money for it not to recoup it backΒ Β 

Β 

Taylor knows it's cheaper cos she can afford max Martin and a list producersΒ Β 

Β 

But 150k a track is better than the asking price of 10 Million a track which is what max Martin wants .

Β 

No way is she going to pay that kind of money and lose her billionaire status and her critical acclaim.Β 

Β 

She's one of the most critically acclaimed acts.Β 

Β 

Lover her last mainstream album was the last album to get mixed reviews.Β Β 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Is it me or have her last five albums and era's all been very much alike ? Like it's all just the same type of music and any of the songs could have been on any of the albums ?Β 

Like good for her fans that they get so much material but as an outsider it's kinda boring.Β 

Β 

Lover was a synth pop album, that had a bright sound a thematically was about love in its positive forms, with performances, a planned tour and bright colour, folklore was a genre shift to folk inspired music that was based on storytelling and was surprise dropped during the pandemic with a black and white colour palette, evermore was a sister album that was still folk inspired but had more experimental elements and a sepiatone palette, midnights was a synth driven pop album with multiple videos and launched a tour. TTPD while it has elements of the previous, brings in country elements and larger synth driven productions with Taylor at her most emotionally raw....

I'm a Stan, but I just don't think that the eras can be compared because they're very different.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Fita said:

Is Taylor Swift's 'πšƒπ™·π™΄ πšƒπ™Ύπšπšƒπš„πšπ™΄π™³ π™Ώπ™Ύπ™΄πšƒπš‚ π™³π™΄π™Ώπ™°πšπšƒπ™Όπ™΄π™½πšƒ' a good album?

Β 

Β 

Edited by Wendy Williams
7 hours ago, Doja Kitten said:

Taylor needs to give up this artsy aesthetic and give us another pop album like 1989. This album is too sentimental for my liking. It’s kind of like evermore but even more sentimental.Β 

It is not even artsy, it is artsy in a way a teenage girl put glitter on a notebook and call it an art

The lyrics are sometimes very juvenile for 35 year old woman and the use of embellishments on words many times doesnt sounds natural.

Musically it is nice, yeah its kinda the same but it is not bad at all, melodies are there, I feel like she should team up with different songwriters and producers, cause even the bests in best sometimes get to the point they need new life into their material because it sounds the same or doesnt progress as it should.

I dont mean it in a bad way, before some super fans come at me haha, for those I would just say, read my post one more time and slowly and you will see I actually complimented her in some ways, however if she was 10-15 years younger and less skilled I would understand the point of view of many her songs, being 35 you should be more mature of how you describe things

• Like 1
On 4/19/2024 at 1:11 PM, Zach F said:

As an outsider, I agree and it could be because she can't dance, so she doesn't want to have any more upbeat songsΒ :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

What are you Β talking about ?she is an incredible dancer no one can pull off these sharp moves not even prim Β BritneyΒ :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

spacer.png
Β 

Spoiler

:gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

Β 

Edited by Britney is my god
  • Haha 4
14 hours ago, jordeezy river red said:

"The Alchemy" seems to be about Travis

My least favorite song on here. Β The football puns are so on the nose and corny to me...especially for a 30 year plus one of the greatest songwriters ever. Β Me no like

11 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Not to be silly, but surely this and midnights IS the drastic shift in sound after releasing Folklore, Evermore and then revisiting her unowned work? I meant, at this point, she has country, folk, blues, synth pop, electropop, rock, jazz inspired, songs across all her albums. What sound could she do that wouldn't be in line with a similar album sound?

Vocal style all 4 sound the same to me idk. Instrumental wise, no they’re completely different. Only Midnights and this new album sound almost identical imo.

She can still experiment with genres. She could make a house sounding record, or an rnb type of record. There’s still plenty of sounds for her to explore. This album sounds just like the last one, and vocally like the previous 3 imo.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She pretty much uses him cos he charges less. reoublic records main job is to promote and distribute the albumΒ 

Β 

Since taylor swift owns her masters and is actually the copyright holders.Β 

Β 

She has to pay the studio, the producers,Β  and photo shoots sets.

Β We saw what happened when jlo spent 20 Million of her own money for it not to recoup it backΒ Β 

Β 

Taylor knows it's cheaper cos she can afford max Martin and a list producersΒ Β 

Β 

But 150k a track is better than the asking price of 10 Million a track which is what max Martin wants .

Β 

No way is she going to pay that kind of money and lose her billionaire status and her critical acclaim.Β 

Β 

She's one of the most critically acclaimed acts.Β 

Β 

Lover her last mainstream album was the last album to get mixed reviews.Β Β 

It’s getting stale. She doesn’t have to work with expensive producers, but she can work with new ones. Jack Antonoff is running out of ideas on how to make her music sound, it’s time to switch it up. I like the album, but it does nothing to change or revolutionize her sound or even the current music landscape. It’s just there. It literally sounds almost completely like Midnights. Tbh she needs to take a long long LONG break after she re-records reputation and Taylor Swift. I’m not bashing on her, but this just ain’t it anymore.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Like 1

i'm not sure, I mean, folklore, evermore, midnights, she describes personal things but we could relate to A LOT of it specially midnights, this one it's too personal, she chose some specific lyrics and storytelling that is TOO personal, so i listened the side A and couldn't relate much to the songs? she failed in that department

+ i really like jack antonoff but he's magic with taylor is quite annoying now, aaron dessner looks better now.Β 

I can't wait for the visuals tho cause it seems SO GOOD.

but really, it's not really a bad album like it seems to be she's just so overexposed now.

billie eilish is gonna shine this year cause she's showing versatility in this new album and i just can't wait. and charli xcx is the summer album!

1 hour ago, allthat88 said:

My least favorite song on here. Β The football puns are so on the nose and corny to me...especially for a 30 year plus one of the greatest songwriters ever. Β Me no like

I think it fits her journal style of writing. Taylor isn't a hook girl, she is a socialite diary kind of girl. It's her shtick. Taylor is like a modern-day romance novelist.Β 

Edited by jordeezy river red
3 hours ago, Toy_Soldier_93 said:

It's just another album where if you don't know her entire life lore and relationship history, you're probably falling asleep.

Sonically boring *** songs with tired, copy and paste production and chord progressions. Lots of cringy and corny lyrics, nothing really new on that front.

BeyoncΓ© and Ariana ate her up. This is a snooze fest, but I'm sure her fans will eat this up.

I have to agree with what you're saying. To me, I have no idea about Taylor Swift FAQ, the album was dreadfully boring for me. It's so slow and boring... Every single person I follow on IG that loves TSWIZZLE is dying over this album and think it's fabulous .. I'm sure it's good if you know everything about her...Β 

Β 

But I was hoping for something more intense

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block