Was Britney’s personality fake?

Now that we all get an unfiltered look into Britney’s personality online, does anyone remember her personality during her prime? She was so sugary sweet, the perfect Barbie, who never had a bad thing to say about anyone or anything.

And if you bought up her **** image, god forbid! She would act as surprised as Taylor does winning an award. “Me, ****?! That couldn’t possibly be so, I’m just a simple country girl!”

So was Britney really this sweet and nice person, or was it all a sham from the beginning. I’m sure she was media trained, but the girls been getting d.ick since 14yo, why push the innocent act so far? Was it all about maintaining a wider audience and not losing her younger fans? Or was she really just a sweet girl from the countryside? Discuss.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 5

I think she was truly that sweet and kind person because even at 17/18 she was verbal about stuff she did not liked like that bit of interview where she's pissed off that people say having that backstreet boy or nsync teaser at the end of her album would help her when it was the other way around. She never played sweet little girl when it was stuff she did not like. 

I think she's the way she is now because of 13 years of trauma, you know ? 

• Love 1
  • Like 8

spacer.png
jk.

but she said that she influenced by Madonna. All that In the Zone- grown woman persona came to her by Madonna. She said this in her book:

During our shoot together, I was in awe of the ways Madonna would not compromise her vision. She kept the focus on her. Going along with Madonna’s ideas and being on her time for days was what it meant to collaborate with her. It was an important lesson for me, one that would take a long time for me to absorb: she demanded power, and so she got power. She was the center of attention because she made that the condition of her showing up anywhere. She made that life for herself. I hoped I could find ways to do that while preserving the parts of my nice-girl identity that I wanted to keep.”

Edited by rebellion_is_the_way
  • Love 4
  • Like 2

Absolutely not, her being more aggressive and shady lately shows how non fake she is till this day imo. Personalities change, introverts become extroverts, calm people get a hot temper, bubbly outgoing become moody and serious. Same with Britney imo, and again, what we see is a tiny tiny portion of Britney's life, and we sure did see some of the sassy Britney before, and I also see some the sweet Britney these days too.

• Love 5
  • Like 3

the thing that i suspect is that she was faker indeed and now finds more freedom finally. she has also seen, as her life has gone on, what is the real herself, getting to know herself. even despite the conservatorship she has grown to be more aware of herself. i think she has done A LOT of thinking.

thats my feeling and take on it. but last not least, its a topic that Britney herself knows the most. she has even said:

I like my thirties way more than my twenties; my twenties were horrible,” Spears said. “[Being] in my teens was fun, but I like my thirties . . . My thirties are great. You know who you really are.”

WWW.VANITYFAIR.COM

“I'm in a really good place right now. I'm loving myself every day and learning who I am.”

personally my thirties are better too than my twenties... getting to know myself.

Edited by FullyDattAndDatt3full
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, The One and Only said:

I believe it wasn't an act for the most part, but she certainly had to pretend at times. We all do, it's nothing new. As for the present, people change because of the things they experience, so again, nothing new :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Are you saying you’re fake too?

She still has, and has always had, a sweet polite side to her. The difference is she used to be so shielded by her team that we would only get controlled glimpses of her. Plus now that she's been out of the cship she's been angry (and rightfully so) and literally fighting a huge legal battle.

If she ever decides to work again on some level, it will be extra sweet if she pulls it all together to give us Britney the sweet southern superstar again. I love her as a humble candid person but I also love to see her like the Princess of Pop that she is. I miss that side of her. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, FullyDattAndDatt3full said:

the thing that i suspect is that she was faker indeed and now finds more freedom finally. she has also seen, as her life has gone on, what is the real herself, getting to know herself. even despite the conservatorship she has grown to be more aware of herself. i think she has done A LOT of thinking.

thats my feeling and take on it. but last not least, its a topic that Britney herself knows the most. she has even said:

I like my thirties way more than my twenties; my twenties were horrible,” Spears said. “[Being] in my teens was fun, but I like my thirties . . . My thirties are great. You know who you really are.”

WWW.VANITYFAIR.COM

“I'm in a really good place right now. I'm loving myself every day and learning who I am.”

personally my thirties are better too than my twenties... getting to know myself.

Yes, but, she's in her forties now and has been for over two years. So this era outside of the cship could be something entirely different that she is experiencing. When she said that quote you mentioned, she might not have been fully confident she would ever escape being controlled by others.

• Like 1

I think her real personality started to come through during the “In The Zone” era. Sure, she was still sweet, but she had some umph to her. She called out Pink in such a classy way in the RS interview. And when it came to a Xtina, Britney told Blender magazine that she wasn’t about the “fake bull****” anymore.

Britney is so relatable. One day she’s soft and sweet, the next she’s ready to shade you into July. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Soni said:

She was literally traumatized for 10 years

ofc she is going to be different than what she was when she was little

Feels like some of her fans (or "fans") are trying to paint her as some horrid woman all of the sudden

I would never try to paint her out to be a horrible person. I do believe that deep down she is a sweet hearted person. She just has tons of trauma to work through, and that’s completely understandable.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

She has said her niceness is what allowed people to take advantage of her in the past.

I think she is someone who is by nature inherently generous, a bit guileless and kind, but just has different sides to her (as we all do). 

Her being guileless may have allowed people to take advantage of her but the "big scoop" was not due to her being nice or her being 'out of control' in 2007, it was the bad luck of being born into a family of leeches with no clue of the predators behind them. The music business is tough. You survive better with a network of family supporters like Taylor Swift's for example. If I understand correctly, they also live off her money, but they actually work for her and support her emotionally. They are her cheerleaders not her wardens.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Soni said:

Feels like some of her fans (or "fans") are trying to paint her as some horrid woman all of the sudden

I don’t think that’s the case (perhaps I myself am being naive on this), but feel a lot of fans cling onto the persona she had when she 17/18 years old. Even if she had not gone through everything she went through, that personality is not sustainable in the entertainment industry and I’d imagine some here would turn around against her and call her all sort of things about being too nice and not having a backbone.

• Like 3

Virginity was a dumbest lie. Whoever came with it was not thinking clearly. U better not say anything than lie and then  the truth always finds it way. Britney was never forgiven for that lie i think. And also who would've let the questions about young womans seks life, breasts etc. Wtf was her team thinking letting those questions.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block