Was Britney’s personality fake?

1 minute ago, icybaby said:

Virginity was a dumbest lie. Whoever came with it was not thinking clearly. U better not say anything than lie and then  the truth always finds it way. Britney was never forgiven for that lie i think. And also who would've let the questions about young womans seks life, breasts etc. Wtf was her team thinking letting those questions.

America in the late 90s was a weird period lol. We were very purity obsessed for some reason, and Britney bring from the south, she had to portray a certain image. But I agree, her team/mother probably could’ve gone without pushing that narrative. And oh gosh, don’t get me started on those breasts questions. Idk why no one her team disallowed it!

5 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

America in the late 90s was a weird period lol. We were very purity obsessed for some reason, and Britney bring from the south, she had to portray a certain image. But I agree, her team/mother probably could’ve gone without pushing that narrative. And oh gosh, don’t get me started on those breasts questions. Idk why no one her team disallowed it!

I always thought America was much more open minded then it came to seks even in the 90s.

1 hour ago, icybaby said:

I always thought America was much more open minded then it came to seks even in the 90s.

Not then and not today compared to many other countries. The USA have a strong and vocal fundamentalist streak. It affects attitude towards seks, gender, noodity, religious beliefs, reading materials for young people and much more depending on where you live. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Cheshire-B said:

like that bit of interview where she's pissed off that people say having that backstreet boy or nsync teaser at the end of her album would help her when it was the other way around.

Do you know where that video is?

I don’t think she was fake. But now as an adult I occur to see her fatigue or her little frustration/confusion in some of her interviews (prime ones). As a teen I didn’t necessarily saw these things. But this is perfectly normal and human. She was still extremely polite and knew how to behave well. I’m sure she was more than just a sweetheart ever but she definitely had it.

I take this present Britney as a heavily traumatised woman who probably lost that innocence about her. And she has definitely something going on. It’s just not fair to think that even if someone has mental illness then everything they meant to be, or originally the way they functioned in the past was fake and fabricated. But ofc it was a good question to ask from fans.

Edited by Chad Hudson
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, Emil87 said:

She would act as surprised as Taylor does winning an award.

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I think she was genuinely sweet, no matter how much d she was getting or since when.

But she received so much crap that you can see her personality started to change ever since the Justin smear campaign.

Then during the conservatorship she had to act all coy and shy again because of all the threats, yet we could see how she would fight Simon on the X Factor to defend her contestants for example. Or when she called out that member of the audience at POM "I dare you to sit down" or something like that.

• Love 1
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, Chad Hudson said:

I don’t think she was fake. But now as an adult I occur to see her fatigue or her little frustration/confusion in some of her interviews (prime ones). As a teen I didn’t necessarily saw these things. But this is perfectly normal and human. She was still extremely polite and knew how to behave well. I’m sure she was more than just a sweetheart ever but she definitely had it.

I take this present Britney as a heavily traumatised woman who probably lost that innocence about her. And she has definitely something going on. It’s just not fair to think that even if someone has mental illness then everything they meant to be, or originally the way they functioned in the past was fake and fabricated. But ofc it was a good question to ask from fans.

Yeah, I think she just got fed up. She was always nice and polite with everyone, regardless of how genuine it was or not, yet she only received the worst treatment from the media and peers and general public, even her own family, so was it really worth it?

After all the humiliation, exploitation, abuse, mocking, etc, it's like, she has zero f's to give at this point about "her image" or what people may think of her. That doesn't mean she isn't sweet with the people she cares about,

• Love 4
  • Like 3

Only speaking on her teen virginal sweet girl image…prior to her the biggest underage teen girls that hit it big in the music industry was Brandy, some could say Monica, but Brandy was the It girl, then before her Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. I think there was no way for any record label to put out an underage girl and have her have this adult persona. She had to be marketed to kids and teens. All the mentioned girls before her had squeaky clean images. Brandy’s mom wouldn’t even let her show her stomach until she became an adult. Monica had an arm tattoo and they covered it for years because how they thought it would affect her child fans. So I think record labels saw this format be successful and would market their underage female artists the same way.

As it was, Britney wearing a school girl uniform was sensationalized all because she was 16 and showing her belly. I think people forget how conservative households were in the 90’s. This was all before the internet really blew up and no social media. Now we see 13 year old girls wearing tons of makeup and dancing **** on TikTok- so gross. And you have these underage artists cussing in their music, some even singing about segx.

spacer.png

So overall, no I don’t think Britney’s personality was fake. I think Britney was a genuinely nice sweet girl, and had experience being an older sister, so she knew how to be great with kids. She was having a lot of fun with her new stardom and was passionate about her craft.

We now know she wasn’t as innocent as we believed but it was her choice to not have to share intimate details about her private life. So that combined with the media not experiencing an underage girl cussing, wearing too much makeup, dating around, showing excessive skin (hence why the Rollingstone cover was so controversial)- I think contributed on her maintaining the social norms of what an underage girl could get away with in the late 90’s/00s. 
spacer.png

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

I really think she has Dissociative Identity Disorder with multiple personalities. So I don’t think she faked it. It was one of her alters. Now she has different ones. 

The fact that you don’t even realize how damaging it is to say something like this with no concrete proof. Just wow man.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block