Was Britney’s personality fake?

• Super Mods

Here is my personal answer to your question:

I do think she really was that nice and sweet girl during her prime HOWEVER at the same time,

I feel like she was too nice to the point of being either a people pleaser or a doormat and in result,

came all the mistreatment and being taken advantage of by others especially her family.

Her family and team Con LOVED that they had legal power over her and her money and basically made her a slave 

and drugged her up so much to the point of being zombie like during performances and eras like FF.

They forced her to do therapy and go to doctors but not with her best interests in mind and I think she started resenting therapy and doctors because of it, which is sad cause I think she would do well if those things weren't forced upon her.

And now that she is free,

She seems like she isn't taking any of her medicine and has this rebellious outrageous personality on IG that most likely came from years of abuse, trauma and being forced Lithium when she didn't need it.

Also the hypersxuality in her posts probably stem from all the years of being restricted in the conservatorship.

So yeah I do think she was a nice girl and could still be but she seems to be deeply wounded by the past 20 years and unless she gets some help, things won't change.

• Love 4

Britney is still a very sweet, humble, and real person with some scars and it’s not a surprise with what she’s been through. I mean look at how she was with that cop in those two videos. Very sweet, apologetic, and humble. If you’re trying to say she changed into something other than that then she would’ve been really rude to the officer saying things like “do you know who I am?” And she didn’t. 

She just gets angry and tired of the bs. She’s put up with this bs for her entire career and was told to sit there and look pretty and she’s done with that. She’s 42 years old, she’s completely over sitting there and just taking it.  Let’s not forget she tried to break out of that and defend herself too at times, especially that one time on TRL when she was told that Xtuna said she’s fake and superficial and needed a gimmick for her performances when Xtuna also kissed Madonna. 

Everyone who meets Britney says how sweet and humble she is. Britney doesn’t let fame go to her head, she’d rather not have it at all. I choose to believe what others say about meeting and working with than what she posts on Instagram because when she posts on Instagram she’s sometimes upset with something. I mean didn’t Andrew Watt talk highly of her when she came in and recorded for Hold Me Closer? Plus how she came across in her book was still showing that side of her, but her current self of just being tired of the bs.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Only speaking on her teen virginal sweet girl image…prior to her the biggest underage teen girls that hit it big in the music industry was Brandy, some could say Monica, but Brandy was the It girl, then before her Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. I think there was no way for any record label to put out an underage girl and have her have this adult persona. She had to be marketed to kids and teens. All the mentioned girls before her had squeaky clean images. Brandy’s mom wouldn’t even let her show her stomach until she became an adult. Monica had an arm tattoo and they covered it for years because how they thought it would affect her child fans. So I think record labels saw this format be successful and would market their underage female artists the same way.

As it was, Britney wearing a school girl uniform was sensationalized all because she was 16 and showing her belly. I think people forget how conservative households were in the 90’s. This was all before the internet really blew up and no social media. Now we see 13 year old girls wearing tons of makeup and dancing **** on TikTok- so gross. And you have these underage artists cussing in their music, some even singing about segx.

spacer.png

So overall, no I don’t think Britney’s personality was fake. I think Britney was a genuinely nice sweet girl, and had experience being an older sister, so she knew how to be great with kids. She was having a lot of fun with her new stardom and was passionate about her craft.

We now know she wasn’t as innocent as we believed but it was her choice to not have to share intimate details about her private life. So that combined with the media not experiencing an underage girl cussing, wearing too much makeup, dating around, showing excessive skin (hence why the Rollingstone cover was so controversial)- I think contributed on her maintaining the social norms of what an underage girl could get away with in the late 90’s/00s. 
spacer.png

I appreciate your perspective that Britney was the first teen performer to embrace her ***uality! Kinda like the first born child she’s the one the media made all the mistakes with. 

• Love 1
Hace 11 horas, rik dijo:

**** YOU. **** ALL of these people for what they've done to me, and for them to be tweeting at me saying I'm playing the victim, I am the ******* victim. You have ABUSED me and lied, and I'm telling you guys again, there's a fraction that you guys know cuz I don't show it. Because I'm not that ******* person. I'm not gonna expose your private ******* DMs. I'm not gonna expose what people have told me you've said behind the scenes. I'm not gonna show you the facts and the evidence because I'm 29 ******* years old and I'm not gonna sit down and make a video with screenshots exposing my bullies. These are BULLIES. These are HIGH SCHOOL ******* BULLIES and they want to come at me and say ''You're 29 years old, how you're acting?''? **** YOU. You're in your ******* 30s, almost all of you, attacking me and I'm not saying a ******* word to anybody and you're gonna say I'm painting myself as a victim and I'm trying to ask for attention? I have not said a ******* word publicly until another video was made about me the week I was putting out my ******* EP. And that is what toxic, abusive people do is they will deflect onto you as hard as you can. Point the finger, pull the trigger and throw them off your trail, you'll get yours eventually

Maybe her "fake persona" is part of her real one. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

On 2/11/2024 at 1:12 PM, Yasux34 said:

Absolutely. Watch any interview or TV appearance then watch like Chatic.....different voice used attitude etc. 

Her Chaotic persona is very bizarre. "Ontourage" (a show she pitched about bts on her then ongoing Onyx Tour) would have been better for me. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block