Britney slams new music news: I will never return to the music industry

1 minute ago, G-unit said:

Her book was not clear.  The singular sentence made it seem like she was just focusing on other things and potentially open to it in the future.  Maybe an interview would be wishful thinking for a fan, but for people who have loved and supported her for nearly 30 years, I don’t think it’s out of bounds to think she could have at least written a coherent post thanking her fans for everything and saying that she is done.  That’s not asking much.  Stop acting like we are demanding she go on a farewell tour or something absurd that will require immense time and effort.  Instead we get incoherent posts that come off as sarcastic af.  We grew up with her, loved her, fought for her (in ways literally few fanbases can say they’ve done) and still do.  The least she could give back is an articulate, heartfelt, post announcing she was officially done.

Agreed. Literally the least she could do if she gives a single F about her fans. We are loyal to the core, and dealt with more BS than probably any other fan base. This is beyond lame of her. 

• Love 7
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

At least do us all a favor and delete your IG, so we can at least hold on to some part of your legacy. This is so lame. 

Youre no different than her conservators, you want to control what she does by her deleting her IG. If you dont like her IG dont follow and you can keep the imaginary image you have of Britney in your mind

• Like 3

It’s just a social media post. It doesn’t mean she will feel that way forever. I mean, she said that before and then agreed to Hold Me Closer ….

I’m not holding my breath for new music but I don’t think it’s ever fully off the table either.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Nothing wrong with ending her musical career now but like it was said by some of you there is something missing.. some sort of closure, a goodbye, like at least a Rarities album ? But at the end “Glory” is a the perfect name for a final album.

But at the same time maybe she wanted to end her career with her autobiography and that’s a great way to finish it too.

I guess it’s time to move on for real :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I guess we’ll have to settle for AIney now. We better get used to it. I wish she could realize that she doesn’t have to return to the music industry, she can do things her own way. She can record music and release videos without having to tour. Makes me sad that they totally ruined her passion for the work. I support her nonetheless. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Britney has retired. She’s said it numerous times and now she’s made it crystal clear. She’s done with the music industry and she has no desire to go back to it.

Are we really shocked, though? Britney just doesn’t have a passion for music. She has even said before that she only started performing so she could earn enough money to build a beautiful house in Louisiana. She was never the artistic genius that so many of you make her out to be. She’s not a very good singer, she has barely written any of her own songs, she doesn’t sing live, and most of her career was just good marketing. It’s clear she doesn’t have a passion for it and hasn’t for many years.

Britney’s primary talent was dancing and performing… and looking pretty. That’s it. We can all be delulu and pretend like she’s a creative mind, but she’s not. She’s the pretty athletic girl who wasn’t very smart academically, that’s all. Now, she’s been burned by the music industry, the world, and even her own family. 

She had a good run, though. She had more than 20 years in the business which is much longer than most pop stars. She’ll always be associated with late-90’s, early 2000’s pop, though. Kind of like how Cindy Lauper will always be associated with the 80’s. Let’s all accept that it’s over and move on. We’ll always have the memories. 

Girl what r u doin here

• Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block