Britney slams new music news: I will never return to the music industry

So the last music video we got from her was slumber party.. this is a very difficult article to read for a fan. My heart is shattered.. I think it's time to say goodbye to some things.. I understand and support her very well.. I think I can make do with the old videos. I don't know, I'm very emotional right now.. this felt like a goodbye to us. I've been a fan of his since '99, and it made me very sad to hear it so clearly from her mouth.. all those years passed before my eyes like a storyboard.. if you're so happy, so be it, Britney. I wish you success in life.. Goodbye

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, G-unit said:

Her book was not clear.  The singular sentence made it seem like she was just focusing on other things and potentially open to it in the future.  Maybe an interview would be wishful thinking for a fan, but for people who have loved and supported her for nearly 30 years, I don’t think it’s out of bounds to think she could have at least written a coherent post thanking her fans for everything and saying that she is done.  That’s not asking much.  Stop acting like we are demanding she go on a farewell tour or something absurd that will require immense time and effort.  Instead we get incoherent posts that come off as sarcastic af.  We grew up with her, loved her, fought for her (in ways literally few fanbases can say they’ve done) and still do.  The least she could give back is an articulate, heartfelt, post announcing she was officially done.

Your write like you own her, but let me tell you something… she start as an artist as all artist because of her and that all. Because she love to sing and perform. She never sign a contract where you consume her assets in exchange of something. She deliver and you brought it. And that it. You have to understand that the artist is not YOURS.

• Love 3
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Britney has retired. She’s said it numerous times and now she’s made it crystal clear. She’s done with the music industry and she has no desire to go back to it.

Are we really shocked, though? Britney just doesn’t have a passion for music. She’s even said before that she only started performing so she could earn enough money to build a beautiful house in Louisiana. She was never the artistic genius that so many of you make her out to be. She’s not a very good singer, she’s barely written any of her own songs, she doesn’t sing live, and most of her career was just good marketing. It’s clear that she doesn’t have a passion for it and hasn’t for many years.

Britney’s primary talent was dancing and performing… and looking pretty. That’s it. We can all be delulu and pretend like she’s a creative mind, but she’s not. She’s the pretty athletic girl who wasn’t very smart academically, that’s all. Now, she’s been burned by the music industry, the world, and even her own family. 

She had a good run, though. She had more than 20 years in the business which is much longer than most pop stars. She’ll always be associated with late-90’s, early 2000’s pop. Kind of like how Cindy Lauper will always be associated with the 80’s. Let’s all accept that it’s over and move on. We’ll always have the memories. 

I sadly agree with you.

Couldn't say it better myself.

B.army, stan yourself. And Britney, if you ever read this, know that you did us wrong. Not because you're quitting the industry, that's your business, but by the way you did it. A book? A messy IG? Don't we deserve an official message? A video message? It will take you less then an hour from your precious time, and will bring closure and happiness to millions of fans. 

:britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

• Love 4

I wonder if she means she's done with the pomp and circumstance with the music industry and finds the concept of songwriting more fulfilling and enjoyable. Also wonder if she's going by an alias when writing these songs to not feel attached to the industry anymore in that way. 

Eitherway, this comment section is a whole as.s mess 
E3dsVm1VgAE8ALk.jpg

Edited by Gutterguppy
  • Love 6
  • Haha 3

Sad as I am, it's not a shock. I tire of some of the "but we the deserving fans" refrains. We need to get over ourselves. We didn't "free" her and, even IF WE HAD, nobody would deserve Chips Ahoy cookies and Nobel Peace Prizes and hot new Brit albums because a woman stopped being trafficked. The psychopathic self-interest of it all.

If you're serious and here for a good reason, I don't see how you could be knocked over with a feather to see your feelings being made collateral damage a bit. It's not personal. She doesn't owe us. All that glitters isn't gold and the business didn't bring her enrichment, to say the least.

• Love 7

I think it just stopped being fun for her already a while ago, since 2008. She became a machine like she said they took away her freedom, and her passion. 

But to my knowledge almost all of the artists that said that they were done with their career, or that it was their last album, or their last tour, ended up coming back with something at some point lol 

• Love 5
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block