Taylor Swift is the current biggest name in pop BUT does she actually have anything iconic?

4 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I applaud you for being able to accept your lack of insight… kudos to you! 

Now, as for your question:

-The whole Eras Tour, for f.uc.ks sake 

-Blank Space mv 

-Look What You Made Me Do mv 

-Bad Blood mv

-Her occupying the whole top 10 in the BB HOT 100

-Cruel Summer song as a whole

-The release of Folklore during the pandemic 

-Karyn

-1989 re-recording outselling 1989 first week sales 

-Red album cover 

…and as pointed out before… shock value or stripping are not the only iconic things… which is what many users in this forum tend to deem only as such… as well as a LACK of understanding… and an itchy a.zz when it comes to Taylor’s massive success.  

No one cares about these things except 14-year-old girls and a handful of basic white gays. It made literally no impact on pop culture :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: Look What You Made Me Do was the closest she's ever been to being ''iconic''

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

I gave you a reality check, not an opinion :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Well, I'm not white, nor a 14-year-old girl... and my music taste and concert-attendance history delve into eclectic rather than basic... the reality check here is you being quite pressed yet at the same time interested in your mother Taylor Swift.

Feeling22 Reputation GIF - Feeling22 Reputation Taylor Swift New Year -  Descubrir y compartir GIFs

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Adriannn said:

Well, I'm not white, nor a 14-year-old girl... and my music taste and concert-attendance history delve into eclectic rather than basic... the reality check here is you being quite pressed yet at the same time interested in your mother Taylor Swift.

I have nothing to be upset about, it's only about her delusional fans who give her way too much credit. I'm saying this as a white person - she's extremely basic. While she has some good songs here and there, there's nothing special about her. Not even going to mention how hungry she is for money and absolutely milking her fans like crazy. She has always had tons of connections in the industry and has always been rich, which is a part of why she's so successful now. She comes off as a very fake, mean girl who uses feminism etc. against others only if it can benefit her, and I can't believe her fans can't see it.

Lana Del Rey deserves her success more :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

I have nothing to be upset about, it's only about her delusional fans who give her way too much credit. I'm saying this as a white person - she's extremely basic. While she has some good songs here and there, there's nothing special about her. Not even going to mention how hungry she is for money and absolutely milking her fans like crazy. She has always had tons of connections in the industry and has always been rich, which is a part of why she's so successful now. She comes off as a very fake, mean girl who uses feminism etc. against others only if it can benefit her, and I can't believe her fans can't see it.

Lana Del Rey deserves her success more :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

1. OF COURSE she has good songs... that's the root to her success... her albums contain brilliant hidden gems.

2. If fans are milked it's because they allow it... the only money I've spent on her is because of streaming and my concert ticket.

3. If she's fake, I give zero F***s... the only celebrity in whose life I'm interested in is Britney... aside from that it's just music I care about

4. Lana does deserve to be huge 

Yall are pressed that everything Britney did, Taylor did better and beat all her records. Of course she has many iconic looks and performances! She’s the Queen of the VMAs! Britney even said she’s the most gorgeous and iconic woman of this generation! 

The ringleader

spacer.png
bad azz red haired spy girlspacer.png

bathing in her diamonds spacer.png

iconic denim dressspacer.png

iconic nude diamond lookspacer.png

Taylor made snakes iconic in pop culture

spacer.png
Made chair choreography iconic in pop culture spacer.png

choreo Queen!

spacer.png

she put director Joseph Kahn on. He did her most iconic videos

spacer.png

• Haha 7
11 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Yall are pressed that everything Britney did, Taylor did better and beat all her records. Of course she has many iconic looks and performances! She’s the Queen of the VMAs! Britney even said she’s the most gorgeous and iconic woman of this generation! 

The ringleader

spacer.png

spacer.png

choreo Queen!

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't give a f to look-a-likedr-phil-black-teen.gif

I have respect for her as country artist, but as pop no :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

And grammy is NOT REAL award.

Edited by Whitney Houston
17 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

You're pressed that Taylor won 12 Grammys and Whitney only won 6 in her lifetime. Taylor just is THAT girl! :thelook_pissed_mad_judging_bow_blue_cheerleader_judging:

Grammy is NOT REAL award and you can pay for it if you are rich b. So really, I'm not pressed or jealous, because you can buy this award :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

@Neydelinska Spearsi am I wrong? Somebody shared here some article about buying Grammy award :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Edited by Whitney Houston
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I applaud you for being able to accept your lack of insight… kudos to you! 

Now, as for your question:

-The whole Eras Tour, for f.uc.ks sake 

-Blank Space mv 

-Look What You Made Me Do mv 

-Bad Blood mv

-Her occupying the whole top 10 in the BB HOT 100

-Cruel Summer song as a whole

-The release of Folklore during the pandemic 

-Karyn

-1989 re-recording outselling 1989 first week sales 

-Red album cover 

…and as pointed out before… shock value or stripping are not the only iconic things… which is what many users in this forum tend to deem only as such… as well as a LACK of understanding… and an itchy a.zz when it comes to Taylor’s massive success.  

Do you understand the word “iconic”?

Not saying she hasn’t been successful bc obviously she has.

How are those music videos iconic?? What is memorable and stands out? There is nothing in those videos that people will remember in years time. I can barely remember much about them. 

With Britney we have the school-girl uniform, the Oops! catsuit, the Slave outfit and snake, the Toxic flight attendance….also all of the choreography. Things people STILL replicate and dress up as 20+ years later.

Taylor’s music videos are good but NOT iconic in my opinion…

• Love 3
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, B In The Mix said:

She’s really good in marketing her eras. All of her albuns have a differente aesthetic. And a lot of her videos are iconic and well produced: Blank Space, Shake It Off, Look What You Make Me Do, You Need To Calm Down, Anti-Hero, Karma, that one with 10 minutes. It’s all celebrated for her fans. It’s not because you’re not a fan  and don’t know her work that her work is not “iconic”. And I’m saying that not being a fan, but having a lot of friends that are her fans.

That’s not at all why I am saying her work is not iconic. I know her catalog and hits. Her videos are GOOD. Great even. Butttt tell me, what in years time are people going to remember about them or try and replicate or dress up as? They have all been successful for sure but come on…people dress as the Britney school girl and many others two decades later. Her moments are referenced as some of the most memorable in pop music. Think Madonna and Shania Twain - can instantly think of iconic moments. 

For Taylor to be so huge…what has she done that matches them? It’s just much harder to think of anything with her in my opinion…

• Like 2
4 hours ago, itsjames said:

She doesn't have to have anything iconic. She's not necessarily a performer type of pop star. These comparisons are really so.... old.

This is a pop forum and this is what we do lol. Everything and everyone can be compared. Not saying anything negative about her.

Edited by jamesedward94
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

The ringleader

spacer.png

spacer.png

choreo Queen!

spacer.png

spacer.png

You’re joking right? Queen of the VMAS???

Name a memorable Taylor performance and one that is bigger than Britney with the snake or with Madonna…

Ringleader??? Are you forgetting Britney did that first and long before with a song called Circus…

And again…red hair spy girl?? Britney did that EXACT thing a decade before in the Toxic video. 

NONE of the other things are iconic or memorable. The choreography in Look What You Made Me Do is NOT recognizable like the Oops! or Slave choreography. And those looks are not replicated year after year during Halloween like Britney’s. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block