Taylor Swift is the current biggest name in pop BUT does she actually have anything iconic?

1 minute ago, jamesedward94 said:

Once again, you CANNOT compare Taylor’s current success to Britney’s when we know Britney’s story and how controlled and abused she was. And also once again, this topic is about iconic moments, not success. 

Taylor goes to a football game and smiles and it was iconic. Did you not see the millions of tweets and thousands of news articles about it?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Once again, you CANNOT compare Taylor’s current success to Britney’s when we know Britney’s story and how controlled and abused she was. And also once again, this topic is about iconic moments, not success. It also DOES matter that Taylor releases so many variations of a single release. 15 vinyls of a project is a cash grab to guarantee higher sales and chart placement. Britney never did that and still had major success and miltiple number 1’s and diamond albums.

Several b in the mix albums would like to have a word 😂 

2 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

In what is selena iconic except her relationship with Justina and her one hit from 2011 :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

My teen niece and all of her friends were obsessed with Selena and wouldn’t use anything but Pantene for years….i even had to drive them to Toronto for her concert. That year she had it at the same venue as Britney did and Britney sold less seats  

4 minutes ago, Talkdirty said:

Yes Selena Gomez and Britney Spears enjoyed the same level of popularity during the peaks of their respective careers. Selena was even dating the world’s biggest superstar Justin bieber. Did y’all forget the last 15 years lmao 

Selena Gomez absolutely did NOT come ANYWHERE close to Britney’s level of fame…are you kidding???

Britney’s debut single went number one in every single country it was released. She was once the most photographed celebrity in the world and she was the most googled. She performed with both Michael Jackson AND Madonna. She had two back-to-back Diamond selling albums from PURE sales.

That is a joke statement.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Talkdirty said:

My teen niece and all of her friends were obsessed with Selena and wouldn’t use anything but Pantene for years….i even had to drive them to Toronto for her concert. That year she had it at the same venue as Britney did and Britney sold less seats  

But Britney was in c-ship. She had no control in her career between 2008-2020, do you realize the difference between girl what was free and woman what was under the cship?

Edited by Whitney Houston
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

I mean it depends on what you define as a moment. Is it only pertaining to on stage events that were televised? Music videos? I think all the music videos people mentioned deserve that. The whole Taylor/Kanye debacle and everything surrounding it; The gigantic behemoth known as The Eras tour. Winning her lawsuit for $1.   If we just mean any moments, then those should count. 

No he only wants you to consider the moments he defines as moments and by his ruler he de facto wins 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Selena Gomez absolutely did NOT come ANYWHERE close to Britney’s level of fame…are you kidding???

Britney’s debut single went number one in every single country it was released. She was once the most photographed celebrity in the world and she was the most googled. She performed with both Michael Jackson AND Madonna. She had two back-to-back Diamond selling albums from PURE sales.

That is a joke statement.  

You seem very combative 

8 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

But Britney was in c-ship. She had no control in her career between 2008-2020, do you realize the difference between girl what was free and woman what was under the cship?

This is irrelevant tho. Regardless of who was responsible for the iconic moments, the artist themselves or their abusers, the iconic moments still exist and we are still gauging how iconic they are

Edited by Talkdirty
5 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

Who cares? Facts are facts, and stats are stats. None of us truly know how Brit would've fared in the pop music world without the conservatorship. Maybe the music she wanted to make would've flopped. What we do know for sure, though, is that Taylor is an icon and a legend of the same calibre as Britney (at the very least).

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Literally... These endless discussions about modern popstars being "basic" and "boring" are the epitome of:

old.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=4fc626baa8db1493685624cafd12bd2da3e77fa1ebb02d5c97822d121be3c686&ipo=images

These people have become the same people they hated as children, i.e., "Back in my day..." :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

I cannot believe they have me defending Taylor swift in these comments 💀 but some of these comments are wild 

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Taylor is an icon and a legend of the same calibre as Britney (at the very least).

29 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Please... Her country albums were more pop than "Folklore" was, yet somehow "Folklore" became her second career peak. Go to bed.

26 minutes ago, Talkdirty said:

This is irrelevant tho. Regardless of who was responsible for the iconic moments, the artist themselves or their abusers, the iconic moments still exist and we are still gauging how iconic they are

1281753.gif

There is no sense in arguing with you. You may be right at other times, but not now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Literally... These endless discussions about modern popstars being "basic" and "boring" are the epitome of:

old.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=4fc626baa8db1493685624cafd12bd2da3e77fa1ebb02d5c97822d121be3c686&ipo=images

These people have become the same people they hated as children, i.e., "Back in my day..." :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

When did I say Taylor was basic and boring? I’ve said she is a great performer. I just simply don’t think she has anything at the iconic level. This is a pop music forum and we are allowed to discuss things. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Who cares? Facts are facts, and stats are stats. None of us truly know how Brit would've fared in the pop music world without the conservatorship. Maybe the music she wanted to make would've flopped. What we do know for sure, though, is that Taylor is an icon and a legend of the same calibre as Britney (at the very least).

You’re missing the point.

Not talking about stats and I’ve said she herself is an icon. Just bc an artist might be an icon doesn’t mean they have iconic moments. As a whole, she is a great performer. When you pick apart her product, nothing stands out to me. That is my opinion 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block