Glory or Circus?

Glory or Circus?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My first reaction- :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Circus was recorded in time when she was the first year under cship and she wanted time for herself, won't do any music, but they forced her. You can see what she wrote about it and thats why I dislike this album in most.

Glory, yeah she was more creative in this album, but still - she was NOT ALLOWED to write personal songs and still - under the cship.

If it went for save my life and I had to choose an album, Glory. For vocals and her greater creative control. But in the end I don't like anything from her cship era..

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Glory even though the singles chosen were not my fave and also this was when she got so much plastic surgery on her face.

It didn't feel like the classic "Britney Spears" we grew up loving when we'd see her doing promos.

However the Circus album/era is ICONIC and brought her back to the top of the charts and music industry!

Womanizer was such a legendary comeback single/video! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Glory even though the singles chosen were not my fave and also this was when she got so much plastic surgery on her face.

It didn't feel like the classic "Britney Spears" we grew up loving when we'd see her doing promos.

However the Circus album/era is ICONIC and brought her back to the top of the charts and music industry!

Womanizer was such a legendary comeback single/video! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

BBMA 2016? Make Me video look?

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Whitney Houston said:

BBMA 2016? Make Me video look?

She looked good but she obviously had plastic surgery with her lip injections and nose job at the time.

Idk why she got that.

She was naturally so beautiful.

(NO I'm NOT saying Glory era Britney was ugly but she just didn't look like the classic "Britney" we all knew, that's all)

Glory because Britney really gave a damn about that record and experimented with her vocals, different sounds and it shows. 

Circus feels like Britney was given a list of songs, told what ones to do, did one take and just didn't care. 

The first half of circus is good the second half of circus is imo genuine trash. I  prefer amnesia, quicksand and everyday to half of what actually made the record. 

Edited by Armchairrevolution

Glory as album. Circus for everything else. Britney still moved the same as primeney during circus tour. That show is only second to dwad as far as Britney’s looks, set list, concept, theatrics etc. she was definitely BACK. Glory was a great peak since circus but she didn’t move as good or confidently as circusney. Bbma remains iconic either way. Her vma 2016 is primeney level dancing tho. She had Rythmn and was on beat and had fire. Whitney Houston Reaction GIF

Circus is a way better album imo. I think people really only like glory because Britney had more creative control and loves that album but if you listen to the glory album you would realize that it’s not even produced well. The vocals on the chorus of invitation sound horrible and robotic, the vocals on private show also sound horrible and under mixed, the chorus of make me is so uncreative and trash, and majority of the rest of the songs just sounds like outdated  2015/2016 trend hopping fillers and nothing is cohesive about the album at all. IMO, Love Me Down, Mood Ring, DYWCO are the best the albums have to offer.

Circus on the other hand has so many bops and although it goes off track with the cohesiveness a couple of times it still mostly follows the central theme of her life being a Circus and the effects of it (Womanizer- KFed, Blur- the after effects of 2007 and reflection, The album track Circus, IF U Seek Amy talking about how polarizing she as a public figure and whether you love or hate her  it doesn’t change the fact everyone desires her and the music video showing her living up to the public perception of her and the circus horns in the back throughout the song, K*ll the lights, mannequin, phonography, unusual you all follow the circus theme, it’s her most coheisive album after blackout and in the zone

sorry for the long rant💀

Edited by Aj20
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block