Glory or Circus?

Glory or Circus?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Glory for me! In fact, Glory’s greatest sin is relegating so many great songs to the Deluxe edition. Had the bonus tracks (Better, Change Your Mind, Liar, If I’m Dancing, Coupure Electrique, and Mood Ring) were released as a stand-alone EP, I think it would be regarded as one of her best collections. The rest of the album is also great: Invitation is beautiful and lowkey one of her best openers, Slumber Party sounds incredible and gets better with age, and Man on the Moon, Do You Wanna Come Over, and Just Like Me were all unexpected pop gems. I know people have mixed feelings about Private Show, but honestly I dig the wild and weird doo-wop vibe; she sounds like she’s having a blast and it’s what got me excited about the album. Make Me was a bit underwhelming, but could’ve been amazing if released as the VMA mix or the Cash Cash remix.

Circus definitely had some killer singles, but it is so uneven to me. I get kinda lost by the end, but I maintain that Mannequin is not only the best track on the album, it’s a top 20 all time from her. I think your love of the album depends on how much you like Unusual You, and it’s just never really done it for me, mostly because I think the lyrics/rhymes are kinda lazy and the production sounds demo-ish. And it doesn’t sound like a song that should be on Circus. Nor do the other ballads, though I do love Out from Under. I even kinda like Mmm Papi, but would have swapped it out easily for Phonography, or even Dangerous! Blur is super underrated, but maybe a bit overproduced. I feel like this might be controversial, but good as it is, Circus is 8th in my list of Britney faves, only ahead of BJ (but it’s well-ahead of that one). Tacking on Radar at the end also emphasized to me how uneven the album is. Sonically it’s all over the place, and only a few songs make sense thematically. Femme Fatale on the other hand is super cohesive, especially sonically and I would also rank it above Circus, but that also seems to be an unpopular opinion.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, princessmimi said:

She looked good but she obviously had plastic surgery with her lip injections and nose job at the time.

Idk why she got that.

She was naturally so beautiful.

(NO I'm NOT saying Glory era Britney was ugly but she just didn't look like the classic "Britney" we all knew, that's all)

Her worst year was 2015, then 2017, 18, 19, 20.

We all know her discography ended with Blackout. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

But in all fairness both albums have something good and something bad.

The album cover for Circus is horrendous and I never cared for the singles of that album. I do enjoy Out From Under, Shattered Glass, Unusual You and My Baby (no joke).

Glory is the same, the first album cover was lame and showed laziness. Although It features some cool tracks like DYWCO, Man on the Moon, Liar and SITS, the album falls flat and lacks identity.

Ultimately my album ranking goes like this:

1. In The Zone

2. Britney 

3. Blackout

4. Oops I Did It Again

5. Baby One More Time

7. Femme Fatale

8. Circus

9. Britney Jean (Don’t come at me, I love all the ballads from the album, and Till It’s Gone)

10. Glory

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Whitney Houston said:

Because she stopped with everything they made her with face.

I find it ironic how they thought that ruining her naturally beautiful face with all that junk would improve her success and career but if anything, she was on the verge of becoming the female Michael Jackson and NOT in a musical way.

She looks so much better and more natural now.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block