Insane how Doja Cat’ new album sold 6k pure sales and 70k in total. What went wrong?

Style.

This is not a hate thread towards Doja so spare me with your moaning. I love some of her songs, but I’m surprised the album underperformed. ‘Paint The Town Red’ is not just a hit; it’s a smash on all platforms. However, the album only sold 70k copies and debuted at #4? :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

Edited by Style.
  • Like 1

An example of industry plant at its best. She did what she had to do to be given a platform (and god knows what...), and they've been doing what they had to do to make us think she's a star. However it just isn't working with the public. Paint the Town Red doing well on socials? It's a catchy tune, it would have been the same if it was released from any other artist

• Love 1

I think the numbers are fine. Paint was a surprise hit, the other singles (which she now claims as promotional only as it seems), were performing mediocre. Planet her did around 100k total, while the other album did like 27k in the first 8 days or so? She is not a big album seller and also pissed off many of her loyal pop fans.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

It's simply not a good album, it's as simple as that. We literally don't need to dive into any formulas or questions, the album is below average, the songs are boring and not well written and her rap game somehow became 10 times weaker.

She needs to work on her artistry because this ain't gonna sell this way lol

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block