Insane how Doja Cat’ new album sold 6k pure sales and 70k in total. What went wrong?

Style.

6 hours ago, Style. said:

This is not a hate thread towards Doja so spare me with your moaning. I love some of her songs, but I’m surprised the album underperformed. ‘Paint The Town Red’ is not just a hit; it’s a smash on all platforms. However, the album only sold 70k copies and debuted at #4? :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

yeah absolutely no hate.

but i am not surprised

i am popfan and couldnt name or even think of one song.

might be my age but i thought she has some exposure on awardshows. etc.

(who?)

Wonder Woman Dancing GIF by myLAB Box

• Love 1
1 hour ago, britneymegamix said:

She's right, though. I don't like when singers say: "I love my fans" and stuff like that, it's simply not true and there's nothing wrong with that.

"I'm thankful" is the most appropriate thing a singer should say to his or her fans. 

Well, yeah, I can agree with that. But at least "I love all the support that you my fans have been giving me all these years" ou just being nice in general would sound good. It just sounds like she doesn't give a duck or that she's not thankful at all tho.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Imma see her in November but the album sucks except for Paint The Town Red. To be fair I only listened to iTunes previews and I couldn’t get into it 

She’s so good as a performer, so I’m happy for you. I have to agree about the album, it is weak. I like her so I’m not saying this in a negative way, but I don’t like her rapping on this one. For example, the raps and the delivery on ‘Vegas’ are elite. ‘Paint The Town Red’ is also very good: “said pop make money, now you try, *****/You could use a revamp with a new side chick” soooo fire! But the rest of the album is not it. :jordan-perfume:

Edited by Style.
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Why are people shocked that music isn't selling now days with a select handful that can actually sell.

In addition, what promo besides the VMA's did she do for this album? I also think this album is a huge difference in sound from what fans and the public originally liked from her. 

Social media is the promo; girl, Doja kind of pulled stunts on socials: cursing her fans, sharing weird photos that went viral, fashion runways, VMA, shock value videos, and besides, her album was anticipated because she promised a rap-focused record.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Is it because of her new image and persona?

(Btw this is a genuine question, NOT me being shady)

Haha. It might be, honestly I don’t know. People on the internet have zero morals so I don’t know. 

6 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

It's simply not a good album, it's as simple as that. We literally don't need to dive into any formulas or questions, the album is below average, the songs are boring and not well written and her rap game somehow became 10 times weaker.

She needs to work on her artistry because this ain't gonna sell this way lol

People bullied her to switch from pop to rap, and this is where she alienated her core fandom. 

• Like 1

In 2016, fake US fans only bought 111,000 copies of Glory the first week of release, so I don't think 70k in 2023 is that bad. You have to be Taylor Swift and have rich fans, or be Adele and have gay rich fans, to sell a bazillion different colored vinyls to be able to sell records like in the 90s-early 00s.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Why are people shocked that music isn't selling now days with a select handful that can actually sell.

In addition, what promo besides the VMA's did she do for this album? I also think this album is a huge difference in sound from what fans and the public originally liked from her. 

If she had released PH 2.0 no one would’ve cared about the things she said. The numbers would be there! PH is a masterpiece, scarlet is no where near that. It was a risky move but it was hers to make.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block