What happened with Britney’s potential movie career?

Speaking from what happened: crossroads was a huge flop although it’s fan favorite. She got rejected from Notebook, they hired Rachel Mcadams. Then she was only able to find roles like Pauly Shore is dead and fahrenheit 9/11. Then if I remember correctly, she did Brave New Girl as a TV movie.So you may see that crossroads’ bad reputation, then all the meaningless roles made her a bad reputation. It actually affected the future her movie career.imo.

It seems they just decided to concentrate on her music career, with the idea that movies could follow later, but then obviously we all know the timeline of events after In the Zone era that stopped that from happening. But that time Britney had other things to deal with that pursuing a movie career. In the first 5/6 years of her career, her team kept Britney on the road touring or promoting pretty much non-stop, there wasn't much time for her to film movies which takes months out of an entire year.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

Speaking from what happened: crossroads was a huge flop although it’s fan favorite. She got rejected from Notebook, they hired Rachel Mcadams. Then she was only able to find roles like Pauly Shore is dead and fahrenheit 9/11. Then if I remember correctly, she did Brave New Girl as a TV movie.So you may see that crossroads’ bad reputation, then all the meaningless roles made her a bad reputation. It actually affected the future her movie career.imo.

Crossroads was categorically not a flop. It got bad reviews from critics (although her performance was actually received quite well), but financially it was far from a flop. And it's quite strange to say she could only "find roles like Pauly Shore and Fahrenheit 9/11" considering that her part in Pauly Shore was a cameo that was less than a minute long, she clearly wasn't seeking out the role, it was a cameo just like her role in Austin Powers, and her appearance in Fahrenheit 9/11 is an archive clip from a CNN interview she did where Tucker Carlson asked her a question about George Bush, she didn't play any role in that movie, they just use a clip from a real interview she did.

Edited by BlackoutITZ
  • Love 3
  • Like 6

The more I read the more it sounds like Britney wasn’t ever really allowed to do what she wanted in her career. I was listening to a podcast with Mandy Moore and she was able to release a cover album she wanted to and make those sorts of creative decisions. Sounds like Britney was always pushed to do what is gonna bring in other ppl more money, hence those letters of truth where you can see she’s starting to push back and is absolutely over doing what other ppl say and the industry in general. Who knows when plans of some kind of c-ship started because ppl like Larry Rudolph weren’t gonna let their prize money maker get away. I could weep thinking of what might have been if she got The Notebook. A total new direction for her career, being taken seriously and not meeting K-Fraud :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Like 4

She was always going to be given a rough ride on the acting front as her superstar reputation preceded her. All of her work would've been preemptively judged because of what moviegoers thought they knew from her music fame, something that would've been understood by studios hesitant to gamble, so I doubt she was sent interesting scripts.

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, darlingbud said:

She was always going to be given a rough ride on the acting front as her superstar reputation preceded her. All of her work would've been preemptively judged because of what moviegoers thought they knew from her music fame, something that would've been understood by studios hesitant to gamble, so I doubt she was sent interesting scripts.

She actually had a lot of acting projects lined up for 2004 after she finished The Onyx Hotel Tour, but then her knee injury happened. She was supposed to be in a comedy with Cher, Bette Midler, Wanda Sykes, and Tim Allen about a group of people selling cosmetics, but the movie never happened. There was another film called Door to Door that she mentioned in an interview, about an actress trying to make it in Hollywood, but it got put on hold after her injury and didn't end up happening as she then got married and had her babies.

• Love 5
  • Like 3

i think britney wanted to be a actress because it was less demanding than the music career… but i think her team pushed her to music more, she was constantly touring and releasing album year after year… i think the only reason crossroads was made was because she was going to market it as an album and movie thing…tbh i hate her team… she was sooooo good in crossroads and i really wanted more… i’m another universe she got the notebook and that would have been a career changer 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

She actually had a lot of acting projects lined up for 2004 after she finished The Onyx Hotel Tour, but then her knee injury happened. She was supposed to be in a comedy with Cher, Bette Midler, Wanda Sykes, and Tim Allen about a group of people selling cosmetics, but the movie never happened. There was another film called Door to Door that she mentioned in an interview, about an actress trying to make it in Hollywood, but it got put on hold after her injury and didn't end up happening as she then got married and had her babies.

Totally forgot about the first one, which would've either been a doozy of a miss or such a fun, cute romp, and probably a classic either way - what a cast. The second was never on my radar, but she could've been believable in the role. I bet we could all see her playing the typical plucky heroine back then in the style of someone like a young Goldie Hawn.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block