What happened with Britney’s potential movie career?

18 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Back in the height of Britney’s career she talked a lot about wanting to do movies. I know Crossroads wasn’t a huge hit, but what happened with all of the projects she was almost involved in? I think she could’ve been very successful as a movie actress or at least more prominent in tv. Wish it would’ve happened…

Thoughts??

the same thing that happenend with her as potential advertisement testemonial...

she (cher and madonna) was to far ahead of her time. ***ism was too strong. if she would be now (agewise and careerwise), where she was back then i am seeing marvel, netlfix and booking.com

22 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

The more I read the more it sounds like Britney wasn’t ever really allowed to do what she wanted in her career. I was listening to a podcast with Mandy Moore and she was able to release a cover album she wanted to and make those sorts of creative decisions. Sounds like Britney was always pushed to do what is gonna bring in other ppl more money, hence those letters of truth where you can see she’s starting to push back and is absolutely over doing what other ppl say and the industry in general. Who knows when plans of some kind of c-ship started because ppl like Larry Rudolph weren’t gonna let their prize money maker get away. I could weep thinking of what might have been if she got The Notebook. A total new direction for her career, being taken seriously and not meeting K-Fraud :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

yeah but I think when she was given some certain control she did not do that well. I think she fought for Do Somethin as single and also directed the video.. did not do well

Also she really wanted me against the music to be the first single, she got it and it did not do *as well as other singles could. I think she was not trusted but overall I am not even sure if she was in a good state of mind already post-2002 to make carrier related decisions? I am just guessing here tho but in a way I got this feeling she was not completely organized and just wanted to do things against her management at that time (similarly to marrying Jason Alexander..)

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block