What happened with Britney’s potential movie career?

4 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

The more I read the more it sounds like Britney wasn’t ever really allowed to do what she wanted in her career. I was listening to a podcast with Mandy Moore and she was able to release a cover album she wanted to and make those sorts of creative decisions. Sounds like Britney was always pushed to do what is gonna bring in other ppl more money, hence those letters of truth where you can see she’s starting to push back and is absolutely over doing what other ppl say and the industry in general. Who knows when plans of some kind of c-ship started because ppl like Larry Rudolph weren’t gonna let their prize money maker get away. I could weep thinking of what might have been if she got The Notebook. A total new direction for her career, being taken seriously and not meeting K-Fraud :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

I remember a Ryan Gosling interview where he said Britney auditioned for "The Notebook" with him and she did great, almost got the role.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Crossroads was categorically not a flop. It got bad reviews from critics (although her performance was actually received quite well), but financially it was far from a flop. And it's quite strange to say she could only "find roles like Pauly Shore and Fahrenheit 9/11" considering that her part in Pauly Shore was a cameo that was less than a minute long, she clearly wasn't seeking out the role, it was a cameo just like her role in Austin Powers, and her appearance in Fahrenheit 9/11 is an archive clip from a CNN interview she did where Tucker Carlson asked her a question about George Bush, she didn't play any role in that movie, they just use a clip from a real interview she did.

Yeah you clearly never followed her during that time.

9 minutes ago, rik LVR said:

Did you? They’re literally right. How was Fahrenheit a role lol

Oh I thought and she claimed at the time that she was playing a character. And that was not her she was what’s certain people wanted her to be. I considered that character as a role. My bad.

If saying that people should trust a president who was about to start a never ending war because a fake figure created by US also attacking US is a real thing she said. Then girl, play a better role while your peers asking the same guy how he sleeps at night.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Fab britney said:

Crossroads was good but if I’m being real the skits she’s done since kinda show acting isn’t a strong suit anymore.

Personally, I do think she was good at acting back in the day. I also think it's entirely possible she's not as good at acting as she used to be because of what her family did to her. 

• Like 4
  • Crossroads was a commercial success but critics trashed it. Crossroads was pretty much built around, and for Britney, so she didn't have success when she tried to get roles for other movies. (It's confirmed that she auditioned for "The Notebook (2004)"
  • She was probably way too busy 2002-2004 to audition for roles, and after 2004, she was pretty much over the entertainment industry
  • Conservatorship happened. Team Con tried to milk her fame by making her appear on various TV-shows, and she did her best (and got some praise too), but it's clear that those were just to promote her far more lucrative music career

It's kinda shame. I see a lot of wasted potential in her acting career. She's especially great in portraying comedic characters.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:
  • Crossroads was a commercial success but critics trashed it. Crossroads was pretty much built around, and for Britney, so she didn't have success when she tried to get roles for other movies. (It's confirmed that she auditioned for "The Notebook (2004)"
  • She was probably way too busy 2002-2004 to audition for roles, and after 2004, she was pretty much over the entertainment industry
  • Conservatorship happened. Team Con tried to milk her fame by making her appear on various TV-shows, and she did her best (and got some praise too), but it's clear that those were just to promote her far more lucrative music career

It's kinda shame. I see a lot of wasted potential in her acting career. She's especially great in portraying comedic characters.

Yeah, I think she was so good in Will & Grace & How I Met Your Mother!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, itswwasheem***** said:

Not true. She is an amazing actress to act like everything was alright during 13 years. This was acting at its best level

I'm talking about being able to act in a movie or on TV. She was still good at that when she did 'How I Met Your Mother.' How good she is at it today, I'm not sure. I'd be happy if she would act in something new, and we could all see how she is at it now. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Wasn't there rumors about her starring in some Quentin Tarantino thriller in 2009 as a lesbian ******** who kidnaps a couple and mur***s the dude with her bare hands in the desert? I think it was like a remake of some 70's movie? It never ended up happening, with or without Britney IIRC.

Kill Faster Pu$$ycat it may have been called? I’m sure I read that too. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

Oh I thought and she claimed at the time that she was playing a character. And that was not her she was what’s certain people wanted her to be. I considered that character as a role. My bad.

If saying that people should trust a president who was about to start a never ending war because a fake figure created by US also attacking US is a real thing she said. Then girl, play a better role while your peers asking the same guy how he sleeps at night.

:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block