Has Taylor Swift surpassed Britney?

• Super Mods
19 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

I'm not being shady, but why is she SO famous? 😅 She's not a good performer, at all.

If you mean Taylor:

I think the reason why she's so popular is because all her career,

she has marketed herself as the girl next door who writes and performs songs about her love life that is "relatable" to young people.

Also she is the only mainstream popstar who hasn't used her sxuality to sell records nor has she taken her clothes off like alot of big popstars.

I actually respect her for that.

But I think she also is very popular because she seems like the only relevant popstar who is an "artist" since alot of the music today is written for popstars and not actually written by them.

So yeah thats what I think.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

I'm not being shady, but why is she SO famous? 😅 She's not a good performer, at all.

She’s a great performer. I saw her front row in Chicago this year. I was captivated the whole time and so were the other 65,000 people there. Again not everything is about dancing and choreography. Most people go to concerts for the music and connecting with artist.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

Cause many Exhalers seem pressed of Taylor's success just cause she doesn't do choreography :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Exactly. It’s so annoying. Not every artist does choreography. In fact most artists don’t do choreography. Choreography is fun but it’s not everything. 
By their logic they’re saying The Beatles are flops because they didn’t do choreography. lol

• Love 5
7 hours ago, EmmaJG said:

My answer to this is so what if she she’s not the best dancer. Dancing isn’t everything. 
Britney was popular in her day but Taylor has been the most popular artist since 2009 and her popularity is still growing at 15 years into her career. She’s breaking records left and right putting her in categories that only The Beatles and The Rolling Stones have accomplished.

So then it sounds like you answered your own question.. so why bring it up on a Britney forum? I can’t wait until the eras tour is over. I’m so sick of seeing Taylor’s face and name on BH. She’s massively successful.. we know this. She’s also massively boring. Britney solidified her status in the music industry in 5 years by the time she was 21. After that, her life took her on a path that’s transcends the music industry and shifted pop culture in which Taylor swift never will because it’s just a different time. It depends on the angle you want to look at it. The whole topic seems to be unnecessary to even be brought up unless you’re trying to make a dig at Britney Spears.. which again leads me to ask, why are you on a Britney forum?

Edited by Itscuzim31
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

Yes. Taylor is more talented as a vocalist, dancer, visionary, richer, hotter body, more classically beautiful, kinder, more of a philanthropist, and more iconic and Famous! Everything Britney did, Taylor does better! :bouncey:
Taylor is the Princess of Pop, The Ringleader, The Femme Fatale, and the Queen of Teen! She’s reclaimed every title that Britney was ever bestowed. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Haha 7
14 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

There is no denying Britney being a legend and her iconic career, but Taylor has definitely gotten up there.

Taylor has more #1's, more chart hits, more songs and is selling out stadiums.

9 No. 1 Hits

42 Top 10 Hits

212 Songs

114 million album units worldwide

Huge first week sales on her albums, and when music isn't selling Taylor certainly is.

Yet the GP can't sing a single of hers fully.

While the GP remembers the titanic dialogue from the Oops video even tho the radios play the version without it.

Sorry to disappoint you all but that is the truth.

• Like 1

i want to say Taylor is more famous, more successful and has carried herself successfully for longer than Britney. but with that said, i don't think Taylor is legendary, whereas Britney is.

a lot of artists are more successful than Britney, but Britney has made a lasting impact that only a few artists every now and then make such a lasting impact.

her life and career have been defining - while Taylor is just a very, very successful artist that has reached levels of success that are impressive. but i don't know... i don't think she's as influential as Britney is.

also lets be realistic - Britney's career from 1999 to 2007 has singlehandedly created an impact that has lasted decades - nothing Britney has done since 2008 has really mattered - so imagine how impactful her career was in the beginning that is still holding her name high today, even with everything that has happened.

Britney Spears IS pop culture - she transcends into more than a successful artists, while Taylor doesn't.

Edited by super.nova
  • Love 2

If Taylor comes out with a dance record, it will flop. Her fans aren’t here for that. They prefer the same bland basic high school lover type of music 

I kinda feel bad for T, she can’t really embrace her true self if she wanted to, she’s stuck playing safe with the masses 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Alex Murr said:

You are the only honey,:nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

you are part of an envious minority.

Envious? Of what ? 😆 I have everything  people here in my town literally call me the se/xy devil and some call me Adonis I am  also very educated and I came from a rich family why I would envy ha lol she is a joke and  no I am not only one who said that honey  She’s quite possibly the most overrated singer in history and I use the term singer very loosely. She clearly can’t sing good. She’s mediocre at best. A lot of her songs are just silly and she dances like a drunk monkey . It’s sickening actually for someone to reach such heights of money and fame with no real talent whatsoever. I’ll never be able to understand why people think she’s good. There’s no rational explanation for that.

Edited by Tanjiro Kamadu
  • Haha 1

Nah, she's too vanilla and have always kept her good girl image hence why she remained popular. 

She doesn't really have any iconic moments despite her enormous commercial sucess

Also, she's not as popular here in Brazil, just recently she got a bit more, but still nothing like Britney, who everyone knows who she is

Edited by BritBritSpearsLove
  • Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block