Has Taylor Swift surpassed Britney?

Taylor didn’t have a peak like Britney did in 98-04, and to me no act really has since, the closest would be Bieber in terms of mania/popularity (but in terms of hits/performances etc he doesn’t come close to her). However Taylor’s career has a longevity Britney’s didn’t, but as someone above mentioned it’s kinda unfair to compare because of Britney’s circumstances. The c-ship turned her into a nostalgia act with Vegas, because all they give a s—t about is money. If Britney had creative control who knows, she might’ve stayed passionate about music and reinvented with new sounds etc. However I wouldn’t see Britney selling out a tour like Eras because Taylor and her team have managed to make her appealing to nearly everyone, whereas thanks to the media B gets written off so easy as having no talent etc. I find Taylor very calculated and for me there is something I really don’t like about her, I do like some songs but overall not really interested, however it is impressive what she has achieved. She’ll never be a legend to me like Britney, Madonna etc, but can’t deny her achievements.

• Like 4
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Blackout44 said:

No I mean like piano isn't something you'd forget

Oh my bad lol.

Sorry I thought u meant I shouldnt forget as a fan.

Yes thats true.

Britney has always been very musically gifted.

Sure her voice isn't the strongest but it was beautiful, soft and sweet. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Oh yeah.

I forgot tbh.

That was in her early days, right?

I wonder if she can still play the piano now. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Britney has never taken a piano lesson in her life she plays by ear which is actually pretty incredible there was an interview with Larry Rudolph talked about britney learning really quickly. Wayne newton also play something like 13 instruments by ear. People don't really seem to grasp the amount of talent she has,

• Like 6

Musically and commercially, yes. But what do you expect when Britney Spears  has spent more than half her career in a conservatorship. In terms of more iconic and more relevant as a celebrity/person, absolutely not. Taylor’s catalogue is bigger and greater selling, but Britney’s is most impactful. Taylor is more driven and her fan base is bigger, but Britney had a greater peak and reached a level of superstardom that Taylor never surpassed. Beyoncé and Taylor have longevity, drive, and consistency. Britney does not. It’s like Marilyn Monroe, there were many actresses more successful than her, but only Marilyn created a moment in everything she did. Only Marilyn, like Britney, had media and people OBSESSING over their every move and career choice. 

• Love 1
  • Like 8

Taylor Swift is a low-key sociopath.

Britney is an empathic person who was abused by an industry swarming with greed ala Frances Farmer.

Even if Taylor outperforms Britney at some point, she will always be a low-level energy vampire who depends on the approval of the masses...similar to Beyonce. But at least Beyonce has talent...

Taylor Swift is the worst of both worlds. A charmless psycho and a narcissist without the charisma typical of such shallow hooligans.

• Haha 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block