Has Taylor Swift surpassed Britney?

2 hours ago, Joel Santos said:

Taylor's concerts in Brazil are all sold out and she is the most consumed female artist not only there, but in practically all of Latin America. Midnight broke the record and became the biggest streaming debut by an international artist. The last time Britney was in Brazil was a commercial and critical fiasco, she became a joke because of her performance on stage And currently Britney is only remembered for embarrassing herself on the internet. Several Brazilian virals making fun of her bizarre dances.

Why are you even in a Britney fan forum?

Taylor has her rabids fans who are millennials who think they're still teens and who will buy everything she puts out with their parents money, but she isn't someone here in Brazil if you ask a random 60 year old will know, Britney on the other hand everyone knows

• Like 2
Just now, BritBritSpearsLove said:

Why are you even in a Britney fan forum?

Taylor has her rabids fans who are millennials who think they're still teens and who will buy everything she puts out with their parents money, but she isn't someone here in Brazil if you ask a random 60 year old will know, Britney on the other hand everyone knows

Delusional. There’s a reason why all of her shows are completely sold out around the WORLD. Millions of people wanna see her.

• Like 1

You can’t even compare the two. They are completely different in every way. 

Sure taylor is popular as hell but she screams basic white girl and her fans eat it up. Her performances are forgettable.

You can have stage presence without choreography like many artists do but she ain’t one of them. She stomps around on stage like she’s a Budweiser horse that thinks they’re some hot bombshell. 

I will say though if I was a fan of hers her tour looks epic af. She gives her fans what they want. 

But of course we all know why Britney’s career is the way it is so again you can’t compare the two. 

Edited by SJK
  • Like 1

Yes as far as being a big commercially successful popstar and having great sales, tours, active fanbase, support from the general public, etc.

For me personally, Britney's music catalog is much more my taste and I like Britney's videos and iconic performances better. Britney was a bit more edgy imo.

But, I don't like country. I do really enjoy three of Taylor's more pop sounding albums. So not a direct comparison and I love both artists.

• Like 1

Taylor does seem well let me not even diminish it at all.

Taylor IS in control of her career life music. That is to be admired. Her creative output is LENGTHY 

Britney has been a good model. She was so pretty and took direction well. The go go juice that was given to her while young like honey boo boo got her to dance well and work long hours

Taylor reminds me a bit of Madonna in her drive. 

it does take discipline. With great power comes great responsibility? Britney has power but she can not control the force. Titanic she is. I think Sam is providing her some good routine so she doesn’t implode again. If he was not there when she got backhanded to the ground we would have seen another breakdown. He is the reason she is not imploding now because her song floppy flop

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Taylor can’t perform to save her life, her music stinks and she is very overrated. In terms of financial success, sure she has surpassed Britney, but Taylor is the McDonald’s of pop. 

Do you live under a pile of manure? She has raised the bar to a whole new level with her tour. Wipe your eyes so you can see. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, EmmaJG said:

For me personally, YES.

Discuss

Taylor isn't very controversial and influential. She hasn't change the course of music industry yet. She isn't natural; everything is calculated.

Britney changed the music industry and the entertainment industry. She has become thr point of comparison and every other younger singer's inspiration. These are the value proposition if most sucessful singers. Taylor has not surpassed this yet.

• Like 1

I feel like commercially she is super successful! But as an artist I find her to be not very exciting. I think a huge part of her recent success also comes from her re-releasing her music. I think she has done a good job of retaining her audience as well.  This is something very few people can do. 

A luxury Britney didn't have considering she didn't get to evolve in the way she should've/wanted to. Plus, a large part of Britney's career became overshadowed by her personal life, in addition to her conservatorship.

But as far as performing, and bringing something new to the music scene goes, she isn't doing much in those departments. 

So while she is super famous (with a large part of that being genius marketing) she isn't the performer Britney is. Now some people have raised the issue of choreo. Taylor doesn't have much stage presence either. She's always doing the good girl next door role. Reputation was a step in a different direction, but then she wen back to her same old style. 

We are also in the era of streaming, an era Britney's team didn't bother trying to bring her to. Her last commercially successful album was Femme Fatale, but we all know Britney wasn't well there. And from there bad decision after bad decision, when that could've been a fantastic chance to bring her on the absolute top. With that being said, Britney also doesn't have the drive to be number one like Taylor does. I reckon if she did get her passion back, we'd be talking about this very differently.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Mutya said:

Unfortunately she has surpassed Britney, on sales and tours, there’s no denying that. But that will never change the fact that she’s basic, annoying and boring as hell, with only basic people being her fans. Period.

Basic? You sound like the only song you know is Shake it Off. Find a better argument because the word 'basic' is commonly used when you have nothing left to add. Plus, you must be the kind of person that blasts Spotity Top 50. 

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

Do you live under a pile of manure? She has raised the bar to a whole new level with her tour. Wipe your eyes so you can see. 

She can claim the queen of tour title, but so did BTS, U2, and many other bands. But when it comes to surpassing Britney, Taylor is not an artist favorite in so far as artistry is concerned. She can continue with her tours while miming (with open mic) her heavily edited pre-recorded vocals. 

If only all these pained az.z h.oe.s directed their attention to Britney's flawless catalogue instead of being pressed about Queen Taylor, we could give masterpieces like 'Breathe On Me' or 'Touch of My Hand' their own 'Cruel Summer' moment, but no, they want want keep their az.zes itching instead, what a shame. 

2 minutes ago, Willson Saints said:

She can claim the queen of tour title, but so did BTS, U2, and many other bands. But when it comes to surpassing Britney, Taylor is not an artist favorite in so far as artistry is concerned. She can continue with her tours while miming (with open mic) her heavily edited pre-recorded vocals. 

Please learn to recognize pre-recorded vocals, live singing, and lip-synching.

3 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

If only all these pained az.z h.oe.s directed their attention to Britney's flawless catalogue instead of being pressed about Queen Taylor, we could give masterpieces like 'Breathe On Me' or 'Touch of My Hand' their own 'Cruel Summer' moment, but no, they want want keep their az.zes itching instead, what a shame. 

:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams::parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading: :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses: 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block