Has Taylor Swift surpassed Britney?

Just now, EmmaJG said:

My answer to this is so what if she she’s not the best dancer. Dancing isn’t everything. 
Britney was popular in her day but Taylor has been the most popular artist since 2009 and her popularity is still growing at 15 years into her career. She’s breaking records left and right putting her in categories that only The Beatles and The Rolling Stones have accomplished.

Uhuh most popular since 2009? I do seem to remember Gaga and Perry bein better at this time but okedoke. Pls just get off breatheheavy and go to the taylor fan forum if you just came here to troll about how taylor is all that britney isn't. because btw that's not very much.

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 3

There is no denying Britney being a legend and her iconic career, but Taylor has definitely gotten up there.

Taylor has more #1's, more chart hits, more songs and is selling out stadiums.

9 No. 1 Hits

42 Top 10 Hits

212 Songs

114 million album units worldwide

Huge first week sales on her albums, and when music isn't selling Taylor certainly is.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 5
  • Super Mods
25 minutes ago, EmmaJG said:

My answer to this is so what if she she’s not the best dancer. Dancing isn’t everything. 
Britney was popular in her day but Taylor has been the most popular artist since 2009 and her popularity is still growing at 15 years into her career. She’s breaking records left and right putting her in categories that only The Beatles and The Rolling Stones have accomplished.

Did you even read what I wrote? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

I said she may be more popular than Britney right now but she HASNT SURPASSED HER!

Look Britney's records and album sales if you don't believe me.

• Love 2

I feel like in terms of pure talent, and performance skills and memorable moments she's nowhere close. 

But she has an amazing marketing team, writes her own songs, and has gotten more and more popular with each project. She basically is the industry as of right now. The eras tour is doing better than arguably and other female tour except for like Beyonce if I'm not wrong.

• Like 5
  • Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Blackout44 said:

probably, it's not something you just forget

Well its not like I watch every single old performance of hers everyday.

I have a life and besides as much as I love Britney,

she never focused only  singing live or performing the piano,

so of course I'd forget.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Well its not like I watch every single old performance of hers everyday.

I have a life and besides as much as I love Britney,

she never focused only  singing live or performing the piano,

so of course I'd forget.

No I mean like piano isn't something you'd forget

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block