Has Taylor Swift surpassed Britney?

56 minutes ago, HeavenOnHell said:

Taylor swift is for toddlers, kids and gradeschoolers. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: Her fans are ages 0-10 years old. Lol. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I dont really listen to ha songs cos biyetch is boring... even ha voice quality irritates my ears, theres no depth... just boring... :typing_keyboard_computer: 

I died at 0-10 years old :orangu_orangutan_ape:how can someone be a 0 years old :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, BritBritSpearsLove said:

Nah, she's too vanilla and have always kept her good girl image hence why she remained popular. 

She doesn't really have any iconic moments despite her enormous commercial sucess

Also, she's not as popular here in Brazil, just recently she got a bit more, but still nothing like Britney, who everyone knows who she is

Taylor's concerts in Brazil are all sold out and she is the most consumed female artist not only there, but in practically all of Latin America. Midnight broke the record and became the biggest streaming debut by an international artist. The last time Britney was in Brazil was a commercial and critical fiasco, she became a joke because of her performance on stage And currently Britney is only remembered for embarrassing herself on the internet. Several Brazilian virals making fun of her bizarre dances.

Edited by Joel Santos
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Mutya said:

Unfortunately she has surpassed Britney, on sales and tours, there’s no denying that. But that will never change the fact that she’s basic, annoying and boring as hell, with only basic people being her fans. Period.

You cannot call people basic because of differences in music taste.

I am a strong fan of both women, but twirling on Instagram is what we have right now, and stanning that is beyond basic. 

Edited by MasterMindz
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, The Dream said:

Yet the GP can't sing a single of hers fully.

While the GP remembers the titanic dialogue from the Oops video even tho the radios play the version without it.

Sorry to disappoint you all but that is the truth.

I think you hit upon an interesting point...and that is that the times have changed.

EVERYONE watched MTV early in the 00s. Even people who despised Britney could probably remember the Ooops Choreo and Titanic dialogue...

Even if Taylor were to create an equally iconic moment, not everyone would see it because the way media is consumed has fragmented on our modern age.

That being said, I don't think Taylor could recreate such epicness even if she hired the best marketers of Hollywood...

The 80s, 90s and 00s were a stunning time for the music industry but now it's a former husk of itself where even the dominant players border on obsolete for non-fans.

• Like 1
Just now, Cancer said:

I think you hit upon an interesting point...and that is that the times have changed.

EVERYONE watched MTV early in the 00s. Even people who despised Britney could probably remember the Ooops Choreo and Titanic dialogue...

Even if Taylor were to create an equally iconic moment, not everyone would see it because the way media is consumed has fragmented on our modern age.

That being said, I don't think Taylor could recreate such epicness even if she hired the best marketers of Hollywood...

The 80s, 90s and 00s were a stunning time for the music industry but now it's a former husk of itself where even the dominant players border on obsolete for non-fans.

Not true. A TikTok dance right now reaches double or triple what Oops reached on MTV and other platforms back in the 2000s. Achieving fame and reaching the masses is way faster and easier now than it ever was. That is why a lot of non-famous Britney songs are gaining a lot of traction.

10 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

You cannot call people basic because of differences in music taste.

I am a strong fan of both women, but twirling on Instagram is what we have right now, and stanning that is beyond basic. 

Honey, even Britney's strange twirling is more interesting than Taylor's basic country granma schtick...even if Britney's bizarre behaviour comes from a place of deep suffering, people are enticed by the human element.

Taylor ain't no human. Just a programmed no-good husk of a human moving through loops clumsily like Windows 95.

Edited by Cancer
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Cancer said:

Honey, even Britney's strange twirling is more interesting than Taylor's basic country granma schtick...even if Britney's bizarre behaviour comes from a place of deep suffering, people are notified by the human element.

Taylor ain't no human. Just a programmed no-good husk of a human moving through loops clumsily like Windows 95.

Taylor experimented with a million music genres and redefined the scene with her lyrics and production. Try again. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Not true. A TikTok dance right now reaches double or triple what Oops reached on MTV and other platforms back in the 2000s. Achieving fame and reaching the masses is way faster and easier now than it ever was. That is why a lot of non-famous Britney songs are gaining a lot of traction.

Actually you just proved my point.

That increased accessibility to fame ends up devaluing it, both monetarily and in the form of cultural currency.

Also those viewing figures don't translate to the same ubiquity because it follows very specific algorithms which track a target demographic...

It is very unlikely we will see the likes of another Michael Jackson or Britney because of this.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tanjiro Kamadu said:

Envious? Of what ? 😆 I have everything  people here in my town literally call me the se/xy devil and some call me Adonis I am  also very educated and I came from a rich family why I would envy ha lol she is a joke and  no I am not only one who said that honey  She’s quite possibly the most overrated singer in history and I use the term singer very loosely. She clearly can’t sing good. She’s mediocre at best. A lot of her songs are just silly and she dances like a drunk monkey . It’s sickening actually for someone to reach such heights of money and fame with no real talent whatsoever. I’ll never be able to understand why people think she’s good. There’s no rational explanation for that.

:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Gosh..

and you say you are not envious, with all you said about Taylor you prove that you are the most envious person in the world

open your mind man...

Edited by Alex Murr

The obvious answer is ..NO ! 

Give me ONE iconic performance you can describe with just one or two words, you know like "snake, or "Kissing Madonna".

Give me ONE iconic song like "Baby" or "Oops".

Give me ONE iconic visual anybody around the world would recognise like the school girl outfit.

Give me ONE iconic moment like (and I'm sorry for saying this but ) when Britney shaved her head.

Give me ONE iconic event like when her fanbase created The FreeBritney movement.

Give me ....

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1

Well she does draw bigger attendence numbers, has more records broken, has better streaming numbers (and more sales number considered the era we're in, Britney was lucky to have the golden age pre streaming era...). In the streaming era, Taylor easily outsells Britney.

Taylor's tour also benefits the economy as multiple trustworthy articles have published whereas Britney never seemed to have thát effect.

Taylor also proved to last longer than Britney as Taylor is +10 albums in her career and she only seems to become more popular, whereas Britney's popularity only seems to decline. Taylor sells more albums now than she did before whereas Britney's the opposite, each album scored lower numbers.

So looking purely at the facts, the answer should be really simple to this question....

• Love 3
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Crayboy said:

I'm not being shady, but why is she SO famous? 😅 She's not a good performer, at all.

It's because the bar is really low for pop stars right now. Beyonce is the only pop star nowadays that's even close to what Britney use to give us back in the day. Want to know why Eras tour sold outsold Beyonce? Because Beyonce put out an experimental and innovative album with Renaissance, with 1970s Black dance music influence and as a result the album caters to a smaller demographic. Meanwhile, Taylor releases MIDnights which, let's be honest, it's the same old sound and song writing from her and there's absolutely nothing exciting or innovative about that album. But at the end of the day, people like consistency, they know what to expect from Taylor's music - it's like going to McDonald's. Taylor's music caters to straight women who want to cry over their ex-boyfriends, so she's naturally going to have more fans compared to Bey or Brit who put out music for the girlies and the gays, who are a much smaller demographic. Has Taylor surpassed Britney? Probably, but that's because Taylor makes consistent, safe music that caters to the masses, which I find pretty damn boring tbh.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Toy_Soldier_93 said:

Meanwhile, Taylor releases MIDnights which, let's be honest, it's the same old sound and song writing from her and there's absolutely nothing exciting or innovative about that album. But at the end of the day, people like consistency, they know what to expect from Taylor's music - it's like going to McDonald's.

Taylor is not consistent in her style... But go on. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block