Has Taylor Swift surpassed Britney?

And the point of this is...? Why must this comparisson be made? Britney and Taylor are hugely different. Their talents are just different.  If we talk about numbers, yeah Taylor is the undisputed champ. You are talking about an artist who is at an all time peak and has handled her career very nicely, with supportive family and ppl around her. A person who clearly loves the game. Britney was not surrounded by a supportive system and she clearly was not so into the fame game. Their contexts and histories are vastly different and so are theie scenarios. 

If we compare dancing skill, I mean, not even a discussion there. If we compare voices, I do not think either are great, but Britney used to have a more recognizable voice. Taylor could have been anyone. But obviously Taylor is a solid writer and way more disciplined and commited. If she has reached this level, I think it is more fue to her incomparable drive, persitence and humbleness. It ia not common to see such a successful act be so accesible.

My point is, Britney could have reached MJ type levels, had her conditions been different and Taylor has reached amazing heights in different ways. I know watching Taylor is not like watching Michael Jackson dancing or Mariah Carey type of singing or explosive talent like Freddie, but she is endearing and funny. She is not a virtuoso in any way and maybe that is precisely what makes her such a peculiar one, she is quite normal and yet she is qhere she is. People can enjoy different things, not everything has to be a diva with an impressive voice or the perfect dancer. Would I pay for a ticket to the Eras tour? No, not my thing. I would not pay for a ticket to see Britney either if what I am going to see is POM Britney, so....

Edited by Bigno
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

Yes.

It's hard to accept for those of us who have been fans since the early 00's because we lived through Britney's peak it, was amazing but it was todo  short. Suddenly Britney was a married woman with kids, then a divorced woman out of control, then too much in control, and nothing was ever the same again, the industry and the common people never saw her as a great and respected artist again. 

Britney is a pop icon, and generally her consumers are a specific population group, she sold millions of records because of that, she was that "teen pop phenomenon" but her consumers were growing while her sales were going down.

Taylor encompasses more than Pop, she literally is the music right now, and her consumers are of all ages and as time goes on they will continue to consume her music, she always tries to show the world that she is really talented and loves what she does and that connects more with people.

Britney beats her in sales because her sales were for being that "teen pop phenomenon"  but her audience grew and her sales dropped.

With Taylor it's different because now we are in the streaming era and everything is totally different, but it is clear that if there were no streaming, Taylor would sell millions and millóns of records. 

Edited by Alex Murr
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

I think everything Britney did wrong in he career, Taylor and her team did right. Taylor was able to capture her fanbase and sustain them, and grow the base bigge with every project. Britney failed to do so when she jumped from Oops to Slave, then married KFed. At some point, her celebrity status overshadowed her career. 

Taylor has been also been peaking since 2009. That being said, I feel like they have 2 very different careers and are famous for different things. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: 

Edited by MasterMindz
  • Love 7

Taylor Swift has yet to cement herself into historical pop culture. 

Britney created magic with performances, music videos and photoshoots. Love her or hate her…people knew the songs and performances.

Aside from maybe shake it off….I don’t think there’s a moment in taylor’s career that someone outside of her fanbase can reference to…

• Love 3
  • Like 2
33 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

No, your bussy is too...

G-cream GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

hope it heals soon :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Worry about your fav bussy she is been with hundreds of men  in just 4 years  :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:and I don’t think her bussy will heal anytime soon even with lotions and creams :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:I suggest a bussy replacement  :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Edited by Tanjiro Kamadu
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Tanjiro Kamadu said:

Worry about your fav bussy she is been with hundreds of men  in just 4 years  :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:and I don’t think her bussy will heal anytime soon even with lotions and creams :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:a bussy replacement may help though :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

The itch in yours made you lose your ability to count and conjugate... well if only yours got a little bit of fun, you wouldn't be this jealous :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block