Cardi B name drops Britney during her verse on her song with Latto, "Put It On Da Floor Again"

Grown azz men and women acting like delinquent pre-teens ! I'll never respect this kind of music and videos ... Extremely rachet.

I always wanted to ask this question but didn't want to be misunderstood, but why do black artists always like to show bling and wealth on their music videos ? Is it the young money syndrom ? 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, jordeezyIZkarma said:

Ice Spice makes Cardi sound like a breath of fresh air. 

Like grrra. KeepitCheekitChikaru. Why is she also out her looking like a black hood Annie.......

That is literally all I hear everytime she opens her mouth...also the fact Nicki collabed with her is gross to me :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, the_blackout said:

Grown azz men and women acting like delinquent pre-teens ! I'll never respect this kind of music and videos ... Extremely rachet.

I always wanted to ask this question but didn't want to be misunderstood, but why do black artists always like to show bling and wealth on their music videos ? Is it the young money syndrom ? 

Why are you singling out black artists as if our own fave Britney doesn’t show bling and wealth in her videos?

just say you’re a lil racist 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, jokobish said:

Why are you singling out black artists as if our own fave Britney doesn’t show bling and wealth in her videos?

just say you’re a lil racist 

I'm north african :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: I know better than to be racist.

But it's the truth, Black artist LOVE to flaunt their weath on music videos, more than ANY other race. I'm not seeking validation I know it's a fact, I just want to know why ? 

39 minutes ago, the_blackout said:

I'm north african :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: I know better than to be racist.

But it's the truth, Black artist LOVE to flaunt their weath on music videos, more than ANY other race. I'm not seeking validation I know it's a fact, I just want to know why ? 

if you're black then you might know why

1 hour ago, the_blackout said:

Thats more of a rappers thing. So you cant say "black artist". Youve never seen a whitney houston or janet jackson doing that in their videos. 

Edited by OutofKontrol
  • Love 4
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

Thats more of a rappers thing. So you cant say "black artist". Youve never seen a whitney houston or janet jackson doing that in their videos. 

Actually this is a good answer, you're right it's a more rap thing, it's just that I often connect rap with black artists.

56 minutes ago, the_blackout said:

We could write an essay on status symbols in pop culture. In Hip Hop the status symbol is bling. In Country music the status symbol is trucks. In LGBTQLMNOP the status symbol is being saxually desirable. All subcultures have their status symbols. 

Edited by jordeezyIZkarma
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, the_blackout said:

spacer.png

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, jordeezyIZkarma said:

We could write an essay on status symbols in pop culture. In Hip Hop the status symbol is bling. In Country music the status symbol is trucks. In LGBTQLMNOP the status symbol is being saxually desirable. All subcultures have their status symbols. 

You're right.

My explanation is psychological, it's the young money syndrom. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, the_blackout said:

You're right.

Yeah. I worked for a broadcasting company that had both a Hip Hop and Country station and something both stations had in common were that their biggest fans were broke AF. So Hip Hop is selling this fantasy that, "you can act like you are from the hood and still get rich" when in reality all of your money would be going to lawyers if you were rich and acted like this. Isn't this what the rich ppl would want anyways? Lol 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, the_blackout said:

You're right.

Have we watched the same music video? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:
There’s literally nothing bling bling in the music video other than an #AD to a bottle of alcohol. However, they are promoting GUNS while gun violence is out of control in America and all over the globe. School kids are being shot and neighbours are ********* each other and we are supposed to be happy to post GUNS online? Ban these two corny biches!:whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Edited by Style. In Moscow

I think this conversation is interesting. Truth is music companies want money and their favorite target is teenagers because you spend the most money on your favorite singer when you're 14/15/16/17/18/19. Teenagers want to be rebelious and scandalous. The general mentality for a teenager is "my parents suck, society suck I want to show them I'm a free person unlike them" when in reality they are the most influenced and manipuled part of the population, following the trends etc...

In other words music videos and songs are for the most part very dumb, vulgar and outrageous because that's what teenagers want. Sometimes it's good to ask yourself "wait, but am I the target here ? Is this music video for me or for a dumb 15 years old who think it's so cool".

Now is it bad ? I personally believe it can have difficult consequencies on society, especillay when this is the case for series, movies, video games etc...a lot of violence and vulgarity. It did have an impact on the youth of the Western world because it has been going on for 30+ years now ..but that opinion can  often be critizied and judged as being"old fashion" and "close minded", but I still think it can actually be a problem.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, the_blackout said:

Wow that was just racist. 

you watch one HIP HOP video and suddenly your an expert on every Black Artist…. As if black people don’t have varying genres and styles of music they create…but you wouldn’t know that..

if you don’t want to listen to something that sounds ratchet why do you like the blackout album? Which was produced and is based of the sound popularized by Black Artist…

• Love 6
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Alio said:

I think this conversation is interesting. Truth is music companies want money and their favorite target is teenagers because you spend the most money on your favorite singer when you're 14/15/16/17/18/19. Teenagers want to be rebelious and scandalous. The general mentality for a teenager is "my parents suck, society suck I want to show them I'm a free person unlike them" when in reality they are the most influenced and manipuled part of the population, following the trends etc...

In other words music videos and songs are for the most part very dumb, vulgar and outrageous because that's what teenagers want. Sometimes it's good to ask yourself "wait, but am I the target here ? Is this music video for me or for a dumb 15 years old who think it's so cool".

Now is it bad ? I personally believe it can have difficult consequencies on society, especillay when this is the case for series, movies, video games etc...a lot of violence and vulgarity. It did have an impact on the youth of the Western world because it has been going on for 30+ years now ..but that opinion can  often be critizied and judged as being"old fashion" and "close minded", but I still think it can actually be a problem.

This racist are out and about with their think pieces…exhale is a sad place.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block