Cardi B name drops Britney during her verse on her song with Latto, "Put It On Da Floor Again"

1 hour ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Wow that was just racist. 

you watch one HIP HOP video and suddenly your an expert on every Black Artist…. As if black people don’t have varying genres and styles of music they create…but you wouldn’t know that..

if you don’t want to listen to something that sounds ratchet why do you like the blackout album? Which was produced and is based of the sound popularized by Black Artist…

First off, YES 99% of rap music videos are centered around money and s**, accept it or not, that's your problem. Grills, flowing champagnes, naked girls, stacks of money, cars, ............. Do you have the audacity to say otherwise ? 

I love a lot of rap songs, hip hop, I grew up with that. BUT I feel it's sad to center artistry around such material things.

I'm sick of twerking and flaunting wealth ... give the youth a solid role model to grow up inspired by, instead of making it "cool" to twerk and be pushed by your homies in a shopping cart.

And yes, I LOVE Blackout and LOVE Danja for it !

1 hour ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

That doesn’t make you a black person… is your skin brown? Is your hair tight and curly, are your features wider and beautiful? 

DO YOU PRESENT AS A BLACK PERSON?!

If I looked at you would i automatically assume your were ratchet for having a gold chain around your next like you say?

Why did you go on looks ? it's an attitude problem. 

I just wanted to know the root of it ? 

WHY DO RAPPERS (ESPECIALLY BLACK RAPPERS) FEEL THE NEED TO FLAUNT WEALTH and s** in their videos ? Do I need to say it again?

If someone has a psychological or historical explanation, I'm here for it, other than that just keep your comment.

2 hours ago, the_blackout said:

Why did you go on looks ? it's an attitude problem. 

I just wanted to know the root of it ? 

WHY DO RAPPERS (ESPECIALLY BLACK RAPPERS) FEEL THE NEED TO FLAUNT WEALTH and s** in their videos ? Do I need to say it again?

If someone has a psychological or historical explanation, I'm here for it, other than that just keep your comment.

Why are you so bothered when they do it but not bothered when Britney is in a video covered in diamonds and getting out of Maseratis? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, the_blackout said:

First off, YES 99% of rap music videos are centered around money and s**, accept it or not, that's your problem. Grills, flowing champagnes, naked girls, stacks of money, cars, ............. Do you have the audacity to say otherwise ? 

I love a lot of rap songs, hip hop, I grew up with that. BUT I feel it's sad to center artistry around such material things.

I'm sick of twerking and flaunting wealth ... give the youth a solid role model to grow up inspired by, instead of making it "cool" to twerk and be pushed by your homies in a shopping cart.

And yes, I LOVE Blackout and LOVE Danja for it !

Twerking is a cultural dance that has been in the black culture since the 1980s out from the New Orleans bounce music scene.

you just don’t like that black culture is popular now.

Edited by 3IsACharm33
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, the_blackout said:

I always wanted to ask this question but didn't want to be misunderstood, but why do black artists always like to show bling and wealth on their music videos ? Is it the young money syndrom ?

imho it has more to do with being part of hip hop counterculture

just like punk counterculture meant to be violent, particular hairstyles, being rebel in a society etc

so, i'm yet to see late Tina Turner's video where she flaunts wealth etc. just like Aretha Franklin never showed a bling etc. neither Whitney, Janet, Neil Armstrong, Leigh-Anne, etc...

• Like 2
7 hours ago, the_blackout said:

I'm north african :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: I know better than to be racist.

But it's the truth, Black artist LOVE to flaunt their weath on music videos, more than ANY other race. I'm not seeking validation I know it's a fact, I just want to know why ? 

You can still clearly be a racist baby. You’re on a forum where ur fav has a video called work b with fast cars, expensive clothes, jewelry, whips, bondage, chains, should I go on?

you’re weird, end of story 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, the_blackout said:

And this is EXACTLY why we're not getting better as a community, every person takes everything personal and as an attack.

I was genuinely asking to know why. But anyway, it's OK.

…. If anyone’s an example of why we’re not getting better, it’s YOU. You clearly misspoke and didn’t have your facts together and came off extremely racist. Next time, do research before making bogus statements like you did. If more people did research & thought before they spoke, we’d be in a better place babes

• Love 1
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, mwilliams917 said:

The longevity of Britney's career and relevance!

I do hope Britney sees it and I do hope Britney takes it the right way. As much as I want to believe that she'll be honored by the mention I sincerely also see a world where she misconstrues the message and writes a long IG post saying something slick about Cardi and Latto. Don't mess this up Britney, take the honor!

It's not an honor when it comes from supertrash like Cardi. She can keep it.

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

2 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

imho it has more to do with being part of hip hop counterculture

just like punk counterculture meant to be violent, particular hairstyles, being rebel in a society etc

so, i'm yet to see late Tina Turner's video where she flaunts wealth etc. just like Aretha Franklin never showed a bling etc. neither Whitney, Janet, Neil Armstrong, Leigh-Anne, etc...

I think I should have said "rappers" rather "Black artists". :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

Ok, I need to lay low, angry exhellers are after me :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, the_blackout said:

I think I should have said "rappers" rather "Black artists". :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

Ok, I need to lay low, angry exhellers are after me :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

Just take the L and admit you were in the wrong. People have every right to be angry and offended by your ignorant comments. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, jokobish said:

…. If anyone’s an example of why we’re not getting better, it’s YOU. You clearly misspoke and didn’t have your facts together and came off extremely racist. Next time, do research before making bogus statements like you did. If more people did research & thought before they spoke, we’d be in a better place babes

The only thing I will retract from why I said, is that I said "black artists" instead of "rappers" and it's an honest mistake, since I always saw rap a huge part of their culture.

I still stand by the rest of my statement. I still don't like that type of videos and music, I still think it's degrading, especially for women, because that is distorted ***ual freedom. I still want to understand the psychology behind the wealth flaunting, and I won't stop at your passive aggressive response, we all know how to talk in that manner, babes. 

As for Britney and others artists doing the same, true, you have a point. But Rappers will always be the first to go for that type of videos ( I'm talking around the same time as the rise of east west coast hip hop ~90s .)

One little advice for you, don't say hurtful things to a specific person IN YOUR LIFE, you never know what your words will cause to that person, because you can NEVER judge a human being by one comment he wrote. God only knows how it is hard to try to put together back what's left of your self-esteem after everything in our world tries to destroy it. Answer, prove your point while staying neutral towards the person your addressing, the subject talked about does not represent neither of the two parts discussing it, and if more people mastered this Art of discussion we'll be in a much better place. 

Edited by the_blackout
3 minutes ago, the_blackout said:

As for Britney and others artists doing the same, true, you have a point. But Rappers will always be the first to go for that type of videos ( I'm talking around the same time as the rise of east west coast hip hop ~90s .)

Madonna literally became famous in the 80s for being ***ually provocative and pushing boundaries…

go sit your racist butt down somewhere now you just sound like a clown

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block