Cardi B name drops Britney during her verse on her song with Latto, "Put It On Da Floor Again"

1 hour ago, the_blackout said:

I'm NORTH african. look it up.

That doesn’t make you a black person… is your skin brown? Is your hair tight and curly, are your features wider and beautiful? 

DO YOU PRESENT AS A BLACK PERSON?!

If I looked at you would i automatically assume your were ratchet for having a gold chain around your next like you say?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

This racist are out and about with their think pieces…exhale is a sad place.

What ? I'm talking about the strategy of music companies to attract young people with provocative music videos and you're calling me a racist ? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

• Like 1
Just now, 3IsACharm33 said:

You speak in coded racism.

change your thinking, take a social justice class or something my god…

I think you're confused. Read again !

I worked for 7 years in a major music company and I was sharing my view on why music videos can often be outrageous and how young people like that because they want to be rebelious to their parents and society....this has NOTHING to do with the color of your skin or mine. So I'm not going to change my thinking but YOU are going to calm down and realize you're projecting your personal interest in "race" topics into what I'm talking about which, again, has nothing to do with ethnicities. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Alio said:

I think you're confused. Read again !

I worked for 7 years in a major music company and I was sharing my view on why music videos can often be outrageous and how young people like that because they want to be rebelious to their parents and society....this has NOTHING to do with the color of your skin or mine. So I'm not going to change my thinking but YOU are going to calm down and realize you're projecting your personal interest in "race" topics into what I'm talking about which, again, has nothing to do with ethnicities. 

I agree with you. This is a CULTURE discussion, not a race discussion. It sounds like the triggered person is probably from the UK.

• Love 1
Just now, SkyAngelMovies said:

I feel like half these commenters need to be suspended for a couple days since they want to attach "ratchet" "ghetto" and "childish" to the most popular music right now that black people are on top of. Especially since yall are using it as a negative connection. Its giving ignorance and racism

Latto and Cardi are both mixed race. You sound dumb. 

1 hour ago, the_blackout said:

Actually this is a good answer, you're right it's a more rap thing, it's just that I often connect rap with black artists.

That's just Generalization and stereo typing,  plus not all rappers did it.

It wasn't huge in the 80s or the 90s, in those videos they actually took you to the streets to show you, the reality of their home life, my friend went to 8 Mile in Michigan,  yeah she felt very much unsafe,  every porch guns everywhere.  She even said now I understand Eminem,  it just took going down his neighborhood. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

That doesn’t make you a black person… is your skin brown? Is your hair tight and curly, are your features wider and beautiful? 

DO YOU PRESENT AS A BLACK PERSON?!

If I looked at you would i automatically assume your were ratchet for having a gold chain around your next like you say?

Ok idk if ur tryna defend or attack. Because Tf is this description you just listed? Not all black people have those features.

• Like 2

Dont stereotype "black artists". Its rappers. But also justin bieber, justin timberlake and even Taylor swift have shown of their "bling and wealth" in videos. I need yall to stop this ignorance because youd never say this crap in real life to a black american cause you know youll get checked.

3 hours ago, the_blackout said:

Grown azz men and women acting like delinquent pre-teens ! I'll never respect this kind of music and videos ... Extremely rachet.

I always wanted to ask this question but didn't want to be misunderstood, but why do black artists always like to show bling and wealth on their music videos ? Is it the young money syndrom ? 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, jordeezyIZkarma said:

You are the one that threw race into your comment. Look in the mirror. Read your comments. If there is a specific comment you have an issue with, quote it. 

You came at my comment and called me dumb. Go look in the mirror yourself and see how ur justifying half these comments in here wanting to attack black women and their music choice. They are black women, period. Dont @ me again

1 hour ago, Style. In Moscow said:

Have we watched the same music video? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:
There’s literally nothing bling bling in the music video other than an #AD to a bottle of alcohol. However, they are promoting GUNS while gun violence is out of control in America and all over the globe. School kids are being shot and neighbours are ********* each other and we are supposed to be happy to post GUNS online? Ban these two corny biches!:whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

And this is EXACTLY why we're not getting better as a community, every person takes everything personal and as an attack.

I was genuinely asking to know why. But anyway, it's OK.

17 minutes ago, SkyAngelMovies said:

You came at my comment and called me dumb. Go look in the mirror yourself and see how ur justifying half these comments in here wanting to attack black women and their music choice. They are black women, period. Dont @ me again

Cardi ain’t no black or mixed race! Check your facts online, she admitted herself! :roxxy:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block