Taylor "apologizes." Do we accept her apology?

Body ache

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fh3JaklWAAELADt?format=jpg&name=large

Well, it goes without saying I’m extremely protective of my fans. We’ve been doing this for decades together and over the years, I’ve brought so many elements of my career in my house. I’ve done this SPECIFICALLY to improve the quality of my fans’ experience by doing it myself with my team who care about my fans as much as I do. It’s really difficult for me to trust an outside entity with these relationships and loyalties, and excruciating for me to just watch mistakes happen with no recourse.

There are a multitude of reasons why people had such a hard time trying to get tickets and I’m trying to figure out how this situation can be improved moving forward. I’m not going to make excuses for anyone because we asked them, multiple times, if they could handle this kind of demand and we were assured they could. It’s truly amazing that 2.4 million people got tickets but it pisses me off that a lot of them feel like they went through several bear attacks to get them.

And to those who didn’t get tickets, all I can say is that my hope is for us to all get together and sing these songs. Thanks for wanting to be there. You have no idea how much this means.

I get 'great if you got it, too bad if you didn't' vibes. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

54 minutes ago, TSmidnighTS said:

She didn’t apologize because she has nothing to apologize for. It wasn’t her fault so she shouldn’t need to apologize. What she did was tell her fans how disappointed she was in the circumstances and the situation. The blame lies solely on Ticketmaster’s shoulders.

People were promised priority access if they had Lover Fest tickets and didn’t get it. They were promised boosts which they didn’t get. Now tickets are selling online for thousands of dollars because bots got through the “verified fan” program. That is on Ticketmaster and not on her.

Then why are her fans mad at her?

20 minutes ago, Body ache said:

They why are her fans mad at her?

Because its Taylor's name, Reputation and relationship with her fans thats directly affected by it. Fans aren't paying ticketmaster to see them, they're paying to see Taylor.

For Taylor to make such a clear statement, that she's pissed off means that she definitely has all the paperwork to back her up; there's definitely a contract that was breached.

• Love 4

She didn't apologize. What she did was flex that she sold 2.4 million tickets so far. Impressive, really.

Buying tickets has always been a nightmare for me so I don't see anything extraordinary here, it's the same old shiz to me. But you know, this happened to Taylor, so OF COURSE she will make a whole story about it.

And omg she used that dark blue color for the background of her text because she's in her Midnights era or whatever, EVERYTHING about her is always so premeditated. She truly is exhausting.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2

Anyone who can't see this is a publicity stunt is quite stupid.

Taylor knew how demanding her tour would be hence the reason she added extra dates.

She is a capitalist and doesn't care about her fans until she gets her money. This tour will break records and most likely Madonna's. She wants that title. Point blank.

Now that she got her money, she is now issuing an apology after 3 days of silence... she will now call out Ticketmaster like she did with Spotify and Apple Music and be hailed as a hero.

• Love 7
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

Taylor knew how demanding her tour would be hence the reason she added extra dates.

She is a capitalist and doesn't care about her fans until she gets her money. This tour will break records and most likely Madonna's. She wants that title. Point blank.

Now that she got her money, she is now issuing an apology after 3 days of silence... she will now call out Ticketmaster like she did with Spotify and Apple Music and be hailed as a hero.

Or she couldn't speak until her legal team made sure that her contract was clear and there were no legal issues in her speaking out.

This has been a bad experience for fans who have been directly affected by it. If it were a PR move, targeting fans is a bad idea.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

What happened, exactly? I don’t follow Swizzy ..I call her Swizzy btw..  :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Tickemaster held a "presale" for her tour and all the tickets got sold out for every show. Swifties complained about the long wait (5+ hours), having the ticket in their cart ready for purchase only for Ticketmaster to crash and have them purchase the same ticket again but for a much higher price, ticketmaster charging them multiple times for the same ticket and reimbursing them leaving swifties with zero tickets, and ticketmaster having a fan only presale that requires a token only for scalpers to be allowed in the presale and now selling tickets for 20k to name a few.

Many die hard swifites are upset in Taylor for allowing this to happen and a few even questioned their "relationship" with Taylor especially after she waited so long to post a statement which didn't even help. tbh this feels like a cult only tour. If Ticketmaster would have saved seats for the general public then maybe this wouldnt feel so sus.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, HisNameisChase said:

This this this. It’s a cult at this point. Swifties are permanently blinded to these tactics and their leader can do no wrong. It’s giving Trumper cult mentality :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: I truly believe deep down if Taylor called for violence at Ticketmaster HQ her minions would oblige without a second thought :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This this this. It’s a cult at this point. Swifties are permanently blinded to these tactics and their leader can do no wrong. It’s giving Trumper cult mentality :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: I truly believe deep down if Taylor called for violence at Ticketmaster HQ her minions would oblige without a second thought :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

I've said for a long time that she is literally the Donald Trump of music.

Queen of the Karens and all who love to live that victim mentality...

WhirlwindBiodegradableHuman-max-1mb.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

You do realize is not her fault, right? 

It is her fault because she knew demand would be high and she still let the process commence. She knows she manipulates her fans into doing her bidding so if her crazed Stans bought a million copies of her new snorefest of an album after squeezing 5 sales in the last two years for different albums then she knew the process of purchasing tickets would be flawed. That’s why she mentioned “oh wow I sold 2 million tickets. Thanks but sorry to those who didn’t get a chance to buy them. Ticketmaster promised. THEY PROMISED they could meet demand but sorry they lied. We’ll see you next time”’fake *** apology and I’m glad I made it out of that cult and am no longer blinded to her victim tactics and mentality. As @Britney'sBish stated, Taylor is the Donald Trump of the music industry. Her influence is unprecedented and dangerous and anyone who continues to blindly follow her should be closely examined to ensure they don’t act irrationally like Trump’s insurrection. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

She didn’t need to apologize and the same posters calling swifties a cult, the bigger cult would be her haters. Trying to flip this narrative into being her fault is hysterical. Not even Taylor can get around using Ticketmaster, and like she said, she has no choice but to use them, an outside entity. After the successful Rep tour rollout method, Ticketmaster banned that process because it was (atleast at the time) the most un-bot ridden sales and had one of the lowest percentages of 3rd party resales in history so Ticketmaster didn’t profit. 

question, how could she have KNOWN the demand was THAT INSANE when so many of you just spent the last few weeks insinuating her numbers were all inflated because one fan was buying like 20 versions of everything? Now all of a sudden she actually does have this many fans? Make up your minds and keep your hate filled fake narratives in line please and thank you. It was probably this hate cult that acted as bots to ruin this experience so you can try to force this down our throats and make her look bad. That’s a fun conspiracy to run with. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block