Calculated or woke? - Taylor hired a trans person to act as her lover

3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Woke culture has been around since I was a kid, I'm really trying to see why it changed into a bad thing. 

Because it wasn't even woke. It was dubbed progressiveness,  and it's literally boomers calling it woke, cos their ideologies and beliefs are outdated for 2022, they think it's cool to live with the 20th century beliefs.  

Exactly! This is one of the things that I absolutely hate about internet trends. How words like 'woke', 'feminist'..have been rebranded by some low-lives on the internet, desperately trying to give them a negative connotation and to brand a group of people as bad and to take some easy digs at them. And the sad thing is so many people pick it up and run with it. It's dumbing down our society.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Woke culture has been around since I was a kid, I'm really trying to see why it changed into a bad thing. 

Because it wasn't even woke. It was dubbed progressiveness,  and it's literally boomers calling it woke, cos their ideologies and beliefs are outdated for 2022, they think it's cool to live with the 20th century beliefs.  

Woke was always a thing but it was right wingers who had the control, now its progressives.

Wokeness is hated by everyone and all generations

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I think she just had a preference for hiring a trans person. I don't think she was trying to be "woke." It's nice she was considerate, but it doesn't make a person "woke" per se.

Being "woke" is like realizing you were ignorant about specific issues, and now you are aware of them while acknowledging their lack of representation. 

So by these terms, she hasn't sufficiently demonstrated that. 

Again, it's nice. Nothing more. 

That's my opinion, of course. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

Because progressives wanted to force into society without realizing that would face some restraints. You can’t shove down dogmas into people and run it. Evolution takes time, even decades. It took a long time to society accept women’s rights. 

That could be the case, but also it could be that you have horrible ideas that society doesnt accept

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I don’t like how whenever someone from a marginalized group gets recognition, a opportunity etc, people react to it by calling it a stunt, “woke”, calculated. It’s like if you give anyone who isn’t white and straight an opportunity, then surely it must be for malicious reasons. Trans people, like everybody else, deserve equal rights and opportunities. The only reaction to this stuff should be “oh, cool!”. People should question themselves why they react like this  with “it’s woke bs” instead of “yes, of course, why not?” 

• Love 4
On 10/29/2022 at 9:00 AM, FreeBritBrit said:

Probably a PR after fatties got insulted by the fat scene in anti-hero

She's gonna get burned by the group she's trying to please right now. Nobody can please them.

Teasers for the video with the transman were released prior to the Anti-Hero video was released… try again.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, x.rox said:

Why is your post's tone seemingly a double negative? Is it "calculated" or "woke"? What the actual F do you mean? A trans person is getting a great opportunity and there will be representation for that community & it so happens it is being spearheaded by a global pop phenomenon. What is your problem? Stupid thread. Stop getting pressed that trans people are actually gaining a legitimate space in our society. 

And you should learn the definition of WOKE. It's ACTUALLY a GOOD thing. Nice try though.

PREACH 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block